Wait for $30 or hold no matter how high it goes... (POLL)

Discussion in 'Silver' started by ClickStack, Sep 5, 2019.

?

How high will silver go?

1. We're near the top now

7 vote(s)
    17.5%
  2. $30

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  3. $40

9 vote(s)
    22.5%
  4. $50+

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. Hard to tell exactly but it will spike and then come back hard

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  6. This is the one, we'll be trading silver coins for food soon

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. ClickStack

ClickStack New Member

When I got in I believed it's going to go up when everything else tanks - we'll need a new safe class according to this guy: It is now going up after many years of wait.

What are members thoughts on waiting until a certain symbolic mark (like $30) and then sell, or is this the big one we're headed up from which we won't come down anytime soon...?

2. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Went through this before in 2011, it was clear then the price was going togo hard then settle back at a reasonable rate. This looks very similar. FOMO kicked in hard and a there are more than few people who are still sitting on stacks that set them back $40+ an ounce.
    I think this still has a fair way togo short term. But will come back to a reasonable but higher than current position not long after a big Jump, but for a long term it will be above what it currently is but no where near the high.
    I would likely say it will settle back at over $30 an ounce long term, but short term it will be a crazy number IMO. Just avoid FOMO and buying to high and be stuck with an expensive stack.
    I sold about 6 Kgs of silver I bought for between $8-$9 an ounce before 2008, I sold for $38 in 2011, the guy who bought these from me thought he was getting a deal and was buying on a dip, as it was over $40 a day before, he was wrong he bought on a decline not a dip, Id say he still has that stack or he took a big hit.

So just be cautious guys, set a limit your prepared to pay and stick to it especially if your not prepared to sell your stack on a high, you can seriously make your stack very expensive by buying because of FOMO.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  3. ClickStack

ClickStack New Member

I get how historic value is not reflected in current GSR which makes Silver seem undervalued. But one thing I don't understand is apparently high GSR happens during depth of economic downturn. But apparently the GSR being high now while we are in prosporous times (market wise) is apparently a signal it will go the other way. What I don't understand is why that would be the case - if there is a crash wouldn't it go even worse - as people go for gold, etc. Fundamentally doesn't something else have to change for silver to start winning? (From https://www.mining.com/web/alert-gold-silver-ratio-spikes-highest-level-27-years/)

ie. Why can't GSR go to 90, 100, 110, why would people fundamentally care?

4. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

USD$30 or AUD$30 ?
    If it got to USD$30 I'd be selling and taking some profit.

yuripuka and 66rounds like this.
  5. ClickStack

ClickStack New Member

My bad, I should have clarified, I was asking in AUD

6. openeyes

openeyes Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I won't be selling anything substantial just anything I want to move into something different. However if the GSR got to 60-55 then I would definitely shift some silver to gold.

66rounds likes this.
  7. openeyes

openeyes Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

btw I have absolutely no idea where this is going to end up but it sure just adds some flavour to the day watching it race upwards. I will turn my attention to something else when it turns down and then start buying again when it steadies again.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    66rounds likes this.
  8. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks to all this fiat printing and massive bubbles everywhere Silver and Gold are in a long term positive trend, so I say wait it out for a long time and get $100s for silver ounce.

66rounds and spannermonkey like this.
  9. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I was buying at $19 so if it hits $30 then I wouldn't mind selling enough to get back my initial investment. After that anything else is free money, whether it goes up or down.

I still have a stash in the SMSF which I am happy to just sit on long term so I wouldn't be gambling with the entire stack.

66rounds likes this.