[CLOSED] 2 x 10oz stacker bars - the rare 'The Official Silver Stackers'

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by Miksture, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Miksture

Miksture Active Member Silver Stacker

Hi all,

Please express your interest in owning one of these beauties. I have only 2. Make a good offer and it could be yours. Own a piece of Silver Stackers history.

Please make offer below or via PM.
    IMG_20190828_173844sm.jpg
    M

Jonesy67, Oddjob, openeyes and 3 others like this.
  2. Captain Kookaburra

Captain Kookaburra Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Aaaahhh .... The Memories

Miksture, boneyard and kilo like this.
  3. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

how much are you asking?

4. Miksture

Well Jason, the question is what you you like to offfer?

I can see that you are pretty new here so you can either make an offer in this thread by replying or you can private message me (PM) through tclicking on my name and choosing 'Start a conversation'.

Because these bars were made specifically for this forum, they hold a certain amount of sentimental (sentiMETAL??) value and so I expect that people would be offering a reasonable amount over spot however since silver is spiking up right now ($27.32 per ounce at time if writing) it is hard to set a price.

SilverBags likes this.
  5. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

$550 pickup for both

Horrie and Miksture like this.
  6. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

reason I ask is because Silver is silver to me, So I thought you might have a number in mind and didnt want to make an insulting offer if these are considered High premium here.

Miksture likes this.
  7. Miksture

Hi Jason,

Fair enough. Thanks for considering that. Ultimately, I wish to sell them and that is the bottom line. You can make any offer you wish, like Court Jester did above. After I have had enough responses I will see if there is an offer I am happy with and propose a deal with the person.

This is like an auction but less formal. For instance a member PM'ed me an offer and then withdrew it a few hours later. In an auction that might be considered poor form but in an EOI (Expression of Interest) process offers are not binding until a deal is actually agreed upon.

8. Miksture

9. Miksture

So far best offer is 550 pick up...

10. Horrie

Horrie Well-Known Member

Pm’d

Miksture likes this.
  11. Miksture

There are two good offers in. I will be closing this sale tonight. Last chance.

575 is the mark

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  12. Horrie

Horrie Well-Known Member

Why not just make it an auction ? Of which it is now.

Jason1 likes this.
  13. Miksture

Not really. I explained above: "This is like an auction but less formal. For instance a member PM'ed me an offer and then withdrew it a few hours later. In an auction that might be considered poor form but in an EOI (Expression of Interest) process offers are not binding until a deal is actually agreed upon."

I have adjusted the title to reflect I will be making a decision tonight, which I will. Everyone is still very much in the running and I very much appreciate the offers I have received.

Note the post before yours containe my statement of the best current offer. So you can't say you didn't know I was doing that.

14. Horrie

Horrie Well-Known Member

Agreed, it was like that, but now that you are quoting the highest bid it has taken on the form of an auction via commentary.

Jason1 likes this.
  15. Silverman99

Silverman99 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Totally agree as an EOI is not disclosed for all to see as in a tender option

Horrie likes this.
  16. Miksture

Tenders you don't disclose the bidders or their bids. EOI's don't have bids but have offers. There is nothing wrong with sharing the offer amount with others. It is poor form to disclose the offerer if they made a private offer.

As a seller, I need to get the best price I can, as a buyer, you wish to spend the least money. In a tender, the process favours buyers as they are not exposed to a bidding war but have to provide an amount they feel happy with to begin. This leads to lower offers than an auction. In an ROI I have released a single current value while revealing that the process will end in a short period. This limits the number of people who have the opportunity to make an offer while informing new potential offerers the chance to make a competitive offer.

There is no guarentee that I will see any more offers. There is no guarentee that if you have made an offer it will be the best. Revealing the current highest offer just gives you a second chance if you want it. Simple.

I shall not be revealing any further amounts before close in any event.

17. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

I so wanted to bid But I dont like bidding against phantom bids, you dont know if its shill bidding or genuine,, im not making that accusation but just explaining why I didnt put down an offer even though I wanted too. transparency is best.
    Plus I had no idea when this was going to end. the first offer was made last wednesday So if it took a week to decide If my offer was good, then prices change during that time and the thresh hold raises again, this process could go on forever.

Number 47 likes this.
  18. Miksture

Completely up to you. It is your money.

19. Phil

Phil Active Member

580 I pay post

20. Miksture

Offers are now closed.

For those interested in the Expression of Interest (EoI) model for selling, there appeared to be some confusion and some incorrect perceptions. As I work professionally in one of several industries that uses that model (eg Real Estate, Finance, Government Procurement and more) I thought people would understand it. A good definition of the process is:

The property is privately owned and the owner is looking at the selling the site. The expression of interest (EOI) will allow prospective parties to proffer a bid. The EOI is not legally binding. The form will allow you to make contact with the Vendor and initiate dialogue around the selling price. The dialogue will not be legally binding.​

This example is about selling real estate and is from https://www.chandlergroup.com.au/Chandlergroup/EOI.html

It is clearly understood in the industry that the 'dialogue' includes the price others have offered in the process. There is no ethical issue so long as the identity and privacy of the other respondents is respected.

In this sale, I had stated a price in the thread ("So far best offer is 550 pick up...") Monday at 11:09am. I received some correspondence and updated the the current offer in the thread at 3:58pm.

This caused some responses both in the thread and privately in which I was accused of being unethical for the way I was conducting the process. Firstly, since I clearly stated that no offer was binding, as I stated in Post #7, which, again, is prior to the offers that resulted in trouble.

The advice I would give to people who partake in these sales formats is to:
    1. Read what the seller has said
    2. If you don't understand the format, ask questions before making an offer.
    3. Refrain from bullying, bullying is always poor form.
    4. Don't make an offer if you are unsure of what is going on and especially if you are going to get angry and start throwing around accusations. In this case, since the offers were not binding, you really were able to bow out gracefully and there was no need to behave belligerently.

I have been in this forum for many years and from time to time some members, even long standing ones, will resort to bullying to get what they want. This is not only inappropriate here it is not welcome. This community prides itself on trust and ethical dealings and you can see by my trade history, all of my trade partners have been very happy with the way I deal. Please do not let this forum become a home to angry bullying.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019