Why the long face?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by JohnGalt, Jul 22, 2019.

1. JohnGalt

JohnGalt New Member

I've been away a while, cashed out most of my silver in 2015 to get a home...... now just starting to have some investment income and have returned.

Why is everyone unhappy to have silver at $16 with physical availability high?
    Why no party as GSR approaches 100?

I remember the jealousy I used to have for the blokes who bought in at the $15-$16 level.....Does anyone actually believe the fundamentals for a serious silver breakout are less so now than in 2011? Governments are still raising debt ceilings and burrowing to exist. Real estate cycles are starting to look well out of control, global carbon tax's are threatening, etc.

There appears to be absolute zero credible political solutions to address the environmental movements that are driving governments. I'm not sure about the political landscape in aussie but here in New Zealand it's appearing more and more like a communist dictatorship every day. The who world seems to have got caught up in craziness from the UN down and the batshit crazy lefties are calling a lot of global shots.

To me this is the time to be back, this is the time to throw down some purchases. Just like you know you need guns when they start taking the people's guns....... it's clear to me that you need every ability to express yourself in the face of authoritarianism. My government is literally in the process of confiscating guns from law abiding citizens, they are openly discussing the role of free speech in our society and calling for significant restrictions.

For me the ultimate ability to express oneself is the ability to offer shiny trinkets in exchange for my needs and will. I'm here to start putting silver at the forefront of my strategy through this next phase of life. I don't care if it takes 5-10 years to start achieving big prices as I want to accumulate. Who else still believes?

2. StewyD32

StewyD32 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Oh god.... Not two JohnGalts :confused:
    This one seems more readable.

Welcome. :)

3. Silverman99

Silverman99 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The kiwi version perhaps of the Senior Aussie JohnGalt but more subdued font

I’m sure you will get some interesting replies

Anyway welcome to the forum from a fellow kiwi stacker

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    66rounds likes this.
  4. sammy

sammy Active Member Silver Stacker

Most of us stack silver here so we'll save the party if the GRS gets to 20 or 30

66rounds likes this.
  5. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There's going to be a "Galt Off"..............

6. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've blocked the other one ,so I want be seeing it .
    :(
    At least this Kiwi seems more of a decent person & not a rambling nut job

GoldenEye and barneyrubble like this.
  7. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As you may have surmised John Galt, there was a JohnLGalt trolling this forum for a while and so your name has caused some consternation.

Welcome.

8. Silverman99

Silverman99 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I thought for a moment you may have shipped the original JG across the ditch

9. GoldenEye

GoldenEye Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I also blocked the other JG, but only due to the weird fonts doing my head in. This one's looking okay so far.

10. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If the new JG is supper conservative then he might bring balance to the force. Welcome new JG, we all hope your text stay in regular black.

Very interest to see what the old JG has to say about this.

66rounds likes this.
  11. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

He won't say anything. He will shout in technicolour.

Welcome to the forum JohnGalt.

66rounds likes this.
  12. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I shudder to think but it's sure to be the fault of the hidden moderator attempting to shut down the truth about real money.

Oh and in big shouty fonts too as Shaddam says.

Gullintanni and Shaddam IV like this.
  13. milled

milled Active Member

For silver, the current drivers look fairly stable, at least in the last 10 years: 60% fabrication, 15-20%coin and bar, 20% jewellery, 5%silverware.

I would want to see the spot price double in the next 10 years to make this worthwhile considering everything else money can be invested in. Not sure where that demand is going to come from since a good number of would be metal investors are in crypto.

Boomers will stop buying and start selling soon enough you would think.

Asia and in particular China may well lead investment demand in the future and development of industrial use cases. Therefore, buying silver would be (yet another) proxy for growing affluence in Asia.

My sympathies to you for your totalitarian turn of government. Your PM is toxic.

14. Number 47

Number 47 Well-Known Member

Welcome John, everything you said there is spot on.
    The biggest problem causing most of it is the lack of commitment to the future, short sighted approach... say whatever you need to in order to be elected and the next generation can pick up the pieces.... meanwhile frantically getting the sheeple to focus on distraction issues ... like gay marriage, and they rejoiced, cried and hugged one another like never before in parliament as if they'd just solved all the world's problems.

Climate change ... no siht, earth has changed heaps since it started out as a solar nebula and it will continue to change with or without us

They love feeding us these distractions to keep our minds of the real issues like the Nazi death camp on the far side of the moon where they're performing cruel experiments on alians. Or perhaps investing in the future by diverting flood waters from FNQ into more arid areas that are in a constant state of drought and then perhaps we can stop banging on about how the weather this year isn't EXACTLY the same as last lear.
    The funny thing is that , the Bradfield Scheme has been sitting under the pm's desk since the 1930's, perhaps the Nazi death camp on the moon made the forget where the plans are?

Thanks for getting me started John :)

Bring on the long overdue collapse of our fiat, that will sort the men our from the boys. Until then , I'll continue to further position myself and my children to be in a very strong position when it happens. I don't have time to make a long face about it all, im too busy making hay while the sun's shining.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  15. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

In 1947, W.H.R. Nimmo, conducted a critical review of the Bradfield scheme and proved that Bradfield's estimates of the amount of water available from the easterly flowing rivers were about two and half times greater than it actually was.
    The error was attributed to the methodology used to calculate flow estimates was based on German rivers where the average temperature was much less than in northern Australia.

16. Gresham's Law

Gresham's Law Member

"There ain't room for two of us in this town, pardner!" LOL

17. Gresham's Law

Gresham's Law Member

Welcome John Galt,
    When I saw the title of your thread, I thought you might have been telling that joke about the horse who walked into a bar. The bar maid said to him, "ohhh, why the long face?" :D
    From a contrarian point of view, I'm glad that people aren't excited about silver anymore. I remember leading up the high in 2011, there were lots of people posting videos on YouTube to show off the latest silver they had bought, they were always talking about how high the price would go. That sort of excitement is a warning sign.

66rounds likes this.
  18. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

This forum is big enough for 2 Galts, because we both believe in one thing & will not be distracted by petty things like Fonts. (I hope). This one is for me. _JLG.
    LARGE_JOHNLGALT_IG&SWT.jpg

19. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

Aaand this one is for him. (John Galt).
    LARGE_JOHN GALT_IG&SWT.jpg

20. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That very beneficent of you JLG.......

66rounds and JOHNLGALT like this.