Silver Is Dead As An Investment!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by mrsilverservice, Jun 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

66rounds likes this.
  2. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

What is the future of a historical high price?
    What is the future of a historical low price?
    What is a good "investment" (buh)?
    Buy high sell low?

3. mrsilverservice

mrsilverservice Well-Known Member

No 47 Bio - :(

Joined - 1st June 2018

Messages - 44

Trades - Zero

Quote - "up standing PM investors" :rolleyes: how would you know you have ZERO trades,you are so full of yourself :confused: some might even say a wanker but not me :)

For the most part people here are average Australians just trying to make an extra buck while having some fun then you turn up :D

From your sad pitiful amount of involvement in this forum I am thinking that you troll around the internet looking for someone to upset but you are wasting your time with me,but I have enjoyed my short time with you slapping you in the face with your sad sad Bio facts of nothing :(

In consideration of the forum and it's members this will be my last post to No 47 or as I now prefer to call him NO 23.5 :)

Here is some advice - shut your mouth and buy some silver ;) people just might start to give you some respect that you still don't deserve :D

Thanks for the laughs No 23.5 :D

The End

The Book of Proverbs Chapter 16 verse 16

How much better to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding is to be chosen rather than silver :)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  4. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've mentioned that gold is starting to be targetted. This is happening in India so consumers are buying silver instead. Not that silver is not taxed but silver is cheaper even if taxed. In a lot of Asian cultures, people prefer to buy physical metal in jewellery form (even if it means paying GST), so the physical appearance matters, unlike paper gold or silver. It's not possible to use 1 gram of gold to make a ring for example. There's an issue of affordability.

If I were the Indian government, I would rather people import silver than gold because silver can be sold, scrapped and used for industry to make solar panels or electronics, it’s a productive asset, unlike gold which is dead money and doesn’t circulate in the system.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    mrsilverservice and 66rounds like this.
  5. maverick

maverick Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Silver being more an industrial metal in modern era and gold being the store of wealth, my opinion is divided on these facts plus the FOMO in case of silver hike (unpredicted/manipulated/accidental) makes it more difficult to draw a clear line.

6. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Silver is dead as an investment?

At this point most things are pretty much dead as investments.

Karoi, JOHNLGALT, jultorsk and 2 others like this.
  7. maverick

maverick Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

True dat!

Clear but still cloudy.

8. sgbuyer

Silver260 and President Trump like this.
  9. President Trump

President Trump Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That is a long read but an excellent article, written by someone who clearly likes to analyse and knows how the markets works. China holds a physical gold position that it has, with the help of JPM, been acquiring directly from the producers. JPM has been managing the acquisition so that it does not unnecessarily push up prices. This can't go on forever because management like this builds up pressures to the upside and a changing is occurring whereby JPM on behalf of China is no longer managing the prices, but instead is hedging against future price increases by going long futures. Obviously futures, at the moment, are cheap because no-one expects the price of silver to rise. If prices rise then China's futures contract makes money offsetting the price increases. This strategy has a shelf life. Obviously as prices rise the cost of entering into new futures also goes up and so futures provide less of a hedge, but this strategy might give China the breathing room they need to accumulate an even bigger a stockpile of physical silver. If this is true, and it appears to be backed backed by solid reasoning and facts, price pressures have to be building. It wont matter whether silver is an investment or not, it will simply, at least for a time, be a metal with a rising price. Thank you for posting that article sgbuyer.

sgbuyer likes this.
  10. sgbuyer

Thank you for providing a layman summary of the article. Whether the article it backed by hard facts or just another silver pumper article, I think it is highly possible that China will be accumulating silver when the price is low since silver is vital to the survival for a lot of green industries. I mean, it's no brainer, silver doesn't rot or rust away like iron, is bulky but nothing a state can't handle - just build a huge warehouse with high walls with armed security, and you can store 10,000-50,000 tons of silver in it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    66rounds likes this.
  11. alor

just look, there is exchange that deliver real yellow metals, where do they get it from ? ...it means that they got it for delivery
    the idea of accumulating may sounds nonsense
    the function of the exchange is to facilitate transfer rather than the end point buyer hence there is no build up pressure cooker here
    this is very different from increasing number of central banks asking or sourcing or buying gold with the intention of taking delivery which is the source of that pressure

12. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

Silver is certainly NOT DEAD as an investment and i am 100% sure of that.
    No one really knows what is going to happen with silver but history will tell us that we can still expect to see it around in 200 years time.
    WHAT IF?????????????????????????????? Climate change can not be controlled through limiting emissions?
    What if massive SILVER MIRRORs the size small nations are required to reflect the suns rays and limit heat?
    WHAT IF??????????? Silver space craft are required in the future?
    WHAT IF???????????Silver is the next big thing in battery tech?
    We can never know where things are heading ,200 years ago the people of the day would never have imagined much of their silver would one day be used to produce billions of photos, but it happened.

Silver is considered non toxic and also anti microbial and even if there is not a scientific or medical use for silver we still have technology.
    Silver would be used more in electronics were it not for the cost and at some stage in the future i can easily see COSTS coming second to environmental and health causes.

13. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

upload_2019-7-15_14-19-48.jpeg

JOHNLGALT likes this.
  14. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

Damn, I wish I'd bought $#!TC@!N 2 days ago... Here is a snip from about 5 hours ago. I could have made a K!LL!NG .
    OOOPS, something wrong here, I'd better ask Fonestar (PhoneyStar, bitcoin billionaire extraordinaire) about this. Down 10% in ONE DAY. say it isn't so. Red lights are flashing & I'm laughing at the CryptoCranks, LOLOL. _JOHNLGALT.
    CRYPTOSHIT.JPG

15. mrsilverservice

mrsilverservice Well-Known Member

You completely lost me after you mentioned - climate change :rolleyes:

The Book of John Chapter 3 verse 16

For God so loved the world,that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have every lasting life :)

Gullintanni likes this.
  16. President Trump

President Trump Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hi Alor, The Chinese are stockpiling silver. The pressure builds up because with their buying, there is less physical silver for others to buy. Simple supply and demand I'm sure we are on the same page so far. Up to now the Chinese (or JPM on their behalf) were managing purchases so as not to increases prices, its the job of a market maker. Now they are putting futures hedges in place. The point of the article is that the counterparty to the futures contract, unknowingly, are the other 3 biggest reportable traders. Typically all 4 would be short. But the biggest is now long and it is the counterparty to the other 3. If that futures contract terminates "in the money" the Chinese will take their additional funds and use them to buy more silver. So for the chinese this is economically equivalent to buying cheaper. The hedge has worked. If they expire out of the money then the hedge was not needed but that is the nature of a hedge, so no problem. So I agree with you that the price pressure doesn't come directly from the futures contract. But institutional sellers of futures contracts hedge themselves by buying physical silver and as the price of futures go up they buy more silver, for more protection. Im not saying this is the case in the retail market where day traders sit on computers at home and trade, but is the case in the institutional market. The point of this article is that there is a fox in the hen house. The other 3 dealers have been happily receiving their premiums believing that all 4 are short and risks are low. Now the major player is long. This will put pressure on the price of the silver and also futures contracts.

17. JOHNLGALT

$#!TC@!N seems to be a pretty good Investment & store of value. Makes me sorry I didn't sell my Precious Metals & INVEST(?) in that tried & true MONEY. LOL.
    Tongue planted firmly in cheek - (as opposed to Crypto-Cranks, who have their tongue planted firmly somewhere else. _JOHNLGALT.

18. JOHNLGALT

Is there any chance you can select all of your post & SELECT SEVEN?
    LIKE THIS: Hi Alor, The Chinese are stockpiling silver. The pressure builds up because with their buying, there is less physical silver for others to buy. Simple supply and demand I'm sure we are on the same page so far. Up to now the Chinese (or JPM on their behalf) were managing purchases so as not to increases prices, its the job of a market maker. Now they are putting futures hedges in place. The point of the article is that the counterparty to the futures contract, unknowingly, are the other 3 biggest reportable traders. Typically all 4 would be short. But the biggest is now long and it is the counterparty to the other 3. If that futures contract terminates "in the money" the Chinese will take their additional funds and use them to buy more silver. So for the chinese this is economically equivalent to buying cheaper. The hedge has worked. If they expire out of the money then the hedge was not needed but that is the nature of a hedge, so no problem. So I agree with you that the price pressure doesn't come directly from the futures contract. But institutional sellers of futures contracts hedge themselves by buying physical silver and as the price of futures go up they buy more silver, for more protection. Im not saying this is the case in the retail market where day traders sit on computers at home and trade, but is the case in the institutional market. The point of this article is that there is a fox in the hen house. The other 3 dealers have been happily receiving their premiums believing that all 4 are short and risks are low. Now the major player is long. This will put pressure on the price of the silver and also futures contracts.
    SELECT SEVEN.jpg

19. alor

you see the big banks that members some of the ETFs, only them can metals out from their claims, others are just dollars claims, not entitled to metals at all
    fox in the hen house is like

this supply is just repeating the govt holding billions of ounces in the past, contestable supply - keeping the price in check

JOHNLGALT likes this.
  20. JOHNLGALT

Hey, @alor I'll get back to you in a few minutes about the collapse of Perth Bullion in Australia a few days ago. If you see any posts by a *Stoic TRAMP, please just disregard, as he/she/it is a 'TROLL' assigned to this website by TPTBe to distract people from the TRUTH.

It will work, until it doesn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.