Perth Mint Gold Coins

Discussion in 'Gold Coins' started by Diana Jobson, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Diana Jobson

Diana Jobson New Member

I have a roll of 10 x 1-oz Gold Rabbits (Series II) that I’d like to sell, but I’m not sure of the best way to do that and would appreciate any advice.

2. dollars

dollars Active Member Silver Stacker

Hi Diana

They are worth approximately $2000 each. Difficult for a new seller to sell on the forum, I would try a dealer that pays at least spot price if you wish to sell all at once. You could try face to face on the this forum however most stackers would want to check coins were not fakes ect prior to purchase. Do you live in / close to a city and members might be able to recommend the best dealer/s to approach. It may be worthwhile to speak with the dealer you purchased from if not the Perth mint! Cheers $

Cheers$

3. Diana Jobson

Diana Jobson New Member

Many thanks for taking the time to respond to my post. I bought the coins from the Perth Mint. I live south of Brisbane and will follow your advice. If any members know of a dealer, I would appreciate the recommendation.

4. dollars

dollars Active Member Silver Stacker

Hi Diana

I believe having the original Perth mint invoice/receipt available may be helpful if you persue a private sale. In previous private purchases the invoice details have given me comfort in my purchase of coins

Just to note a private sale may offer a better return of approx 5 to 10 % however may take a lot more effort

5. Diana Jobson

Diana Jobson New Member

Thank you, Dollars - I do have the original document ..... I just have to find it

6. Diana Jobson

Diana Jobson New Member

7. GF

GF Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Try F2F with Brisbane stackers first.....I know there will be a few stackers that need a bunny or two.

Post a for sale in the trading thread.

8. Diana Jobson

Diana Jobson New Member

GF - Thank you for the feedback, I believe (for excellent reasons) that Stackers are wary of new sellers. I first joined Silver Stackers in 2014 when I decided to look at starting a modest coin collection. The advice I received was invaluable and led me to investing in Perth Mint coin releases and a few Silver Pandas, which I bought from another Forum member.

Frankly, I’d rather sell the “bunnies” to forum members, as opposed to dealers. I have a fair amount of Perth Mint Lunar coins, but the roll of 10 x gold 1-oz rabbits is the most valuable.

Is there a trusted member of the forum who would be prepared to accept consignment of the roll, vouch for the coins authenticity and sell them for me on a commission basis?

dollars likes this.
  9. GF

you don't have to give them up to anyone else to sell. Just have a crack yourself. Most stackers can spot a fake a mile away so your good to go.

Advertise them yourself...get in the mix..meet at post office, bank or wherever you want for the security. Have some fun. After a few trades you will be fine to sell payment first and post later. Easy peasy!

jultorsk, Oddjob and dollars like this.
  10. Diana Jobson

Diana Jobson New Member

Ok, sounds like a plan. Do you advocate opening the roll ... ?

11. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

10x1oz gold coins still in roll is hard to find and would ensure the quality of the coins however with today's prices it could be a bit pricey.

I wish it was a different animal....

12. Diana Jobson

Diana Jobson New Member

A roll of 20 x 1-oz Perth Mint Series II Dragons ??
    Sorry, should have specified the coins are silver.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  13. GF

Lol....don’t open the roll. Put them up on the sales thread as a F2F....I thought you meant gold coins as well hahaha...original post says 1oz gold bunnies

14. Diana Jobson

Diana Jobson New Member

I’m so sorry for the confusion - it’s entirely my fault.

I do have a roll of 10 x 1-oz gold Rabbits purchased from the Perth Mint in 2011. Each coin is in a plastic capsule and the 10 coins are additionally sealed together in clear plastic.

I also have 20 x 1-oz Silver Dragons that I bought from the PM in 2012. The wrapping is as described for the Rabbits.

I’m presently putting together a detailed list of my coins with a view to selling them. I would prefer to sell them to Forum Members, as opposed to a coin dealer. I know what it’s like to have a passion for collecting - I started off with bus tickets and stamps

15. GF

Great idea.

Diana Jobson likes this.