2nd coin, Hydra, from Mint Of Poland’s THE TWELVE LABOURS OF HERCULES

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by justsilver, May 7, 2019.

1. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

2. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

yeah, definitely looks nice. I'd say that the MoP is crushing it with their designs and their concepts...no question. And until someone touches the hem of the garment on their quality, they will rule the roost and charge whatever they want. :confused: For example, I have a friend who knows one of the dealers, and she reached out in advance and asked to buy one in advance, and he said, $363.00. :D My friend essentially flipped him the bird, and walked away. Gawd, I only hope that another mint comes along and gives them a run for their money. The only ones who could do it, IMHO are the Chinese craftsmen...but, very unlikely they'll replicate the concepts MoP is bringing to the table. They're still stuck on gardens and pandas of every kind...I think they'll have a panda pooping from the trees at some point. :eek:
    But Kudos to the MoP - give credit where credit is due...but I hope they get an arse beating by other mints replicating the same concepts. Sorry but that mint copying the 4 horseman is a lame attempt to imitate. :mad:

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  3. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Agreed that Mint Of Poland is doing an excellent job on ultra high relief with good themes.

Not ultra high relief on panda & garden.

lol.

Even though this is not the first coin of a series, I would still like to buy Hydra Coin because I like this design.

p.s. I skipped first coin of this series.

4. barsenault

I bought the first and sold it immediately because I did NOT like the gilded piece...it looked terrible IMHO. In this case the picture was better than the actual.

5. Yef

Yef Member

Such a gorgeous coin. Will the such high premiums that are paid for these coins still be there when another mint matches or surpasses what MoP is currently putting out and there is a new flavour of the month.

6. ddevil

ddevil Active Member Silver Stacker

That is a nice coin!

7. Slawek

Slawek New Member

The second issue is IMHO much, much nicer than the previous one.

8. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Heard demand is much greater than supply on Hydra Silver Coin.

9. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

Out of curiousity, where did you hear this?

10. barsenault

I’m sure it is. All 10 of them they release into the market. Lol

11. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Trinkets, Info from a dealer.

12. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

Wow...just wow.

Seriously?

I went to the supermarket this afternoon where there were only two apples left. The manager told me they couldn't keep up with demand so I better buy one at $100 each before they sell out. He told some people to go talk about it online too, to help make people "aware." But I got one before they sold out - one of the best apples I have ever seen. Luckily I stopped back there an hour ago and they found another two available. They're only $150 now, but the manager told me they still couldn't keep up with demand and he was worried he was going to sell out...again.

With all due respect, I don't know how anyone could have posted such a thing with a straight face.

13. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Trinkets, you asked me question earlier. To show respect, I answered back your question.

This is the reply I got back “ With all due respect, I don't know how anyone could have posted such a thing with a straight face. “

Wow, I am speechless now. lol.

I am not asking you or anyone to believe or not to believe what I said.

I am only here to share what info ( or rumor ) I got.

If you do not trust me from beginning, do not ask me question. Because It is wasting your time and my time to write something that you do not believe.

As I mentioned earlier, buy what you like. If you do not like Mint Of Poland’s coins’ prices.
    Boycott this mint. Refuse to buy. Buy coins from other mint.

It is not my business at all and I have no relationship with Mint of Poland nor its dealers.

Hope you understand my point.

14. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

One more thing, I am not trying to promote Mint Of Poland’s products.

It just happened that I changed my taste from ordinary silver coins to ultra high relief silver coins with themes of wars

Some of Mint Of Poland’s coins matched my criteria.

I also love Mauquoy Mint’s Ultra High Relief Silver Coin.
    I hope no one in this coin forum, think that I am working for Mauquoy Mint because I posted Mauquoy coins’ images here.

lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

lol I'll put my comments in perspective...

You quoted 1 dealer who told you that "demand is much greater than supply" on the coin: a single dealer (guy wanting to sell the coins) told you that. A coin that, as far as I can see, is only available at one online store thus far. To quote something like that in a thread like this in a forum like this is dangerous because it is unwarranted and seems like it is trying to build up simulated interest in a coin. Especially when a lot of the discussion in recent posts has been about the perceived outlandish pricing of MoP coins, and about potentially individuals trying to spur the momentum upon each new MoP release.

That doesn't help the community or benefit collectors. Hence my comment. You stated you are a Collector and you keep showing a lot of your coins so should understand that.

The comment you made was irresponsible given your own experience here and elsewhere. I can understand the dealer wanting you to share that opinion here, but I wouldn't think you would as a Collector.

Anyway, man. Do your thing and I'll do mine. Love MoP or hate them, it's all good. But people are going to call stuff like this out.

Peace :D

16. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Understood your point.

One of the reason I talked less and less in coin forums recently, were because “ really nothing to talk “

Either members believe you or members do not believe you.

Then accusation, disbelief, or thinking if I am related to any mint or dealer, etc.

Anyway, Peace.

Happy collecting, everyone.

17. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

From now on, I will not answer any question about Mint Of Poland’s coins in this coin forum.

Nothing for me to say from now.

Ask me any silver related question besides Mint Of Poland.

After all, I bought numerous junk or numismatic coin since Year 2011.

lol.

18. barsenault

I’ll be happy when you acknowledge that the prices are being manipulated higher in the gods series - the hoard is giving a pretend feeling that the price at these levels is justified! I call BS. I spoke with another dealer who has 40 of them (so he claims)...you have 16 of them...between two people, almost 60 pieces!! How many others have a hoard? I wouldn’t be surprised if there are a mere 50-100 that have actually sold to the suckers. Buyers beware and know you are buying a tulip in the form of a pretty coin...and whenever the slide happens, I’ll be here saying, told you so. Stay away. You will get them at a lower price in the next year...

19. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

If every coin that I like, I buy 20pcs. So if I like total 10 coins ( 10 different designs ), each coin x 20pcs = Total 200pcs

It would be interesting to know that if one coin ( out of 10 coins that I bought ) turned out to be a hot coin, I am ( with other suckers ) trying to manipulate the market price. ( from some members perspective )

Mmmm, what shall I do with this hot coin if it turn out to be hot ( 20pcs ), I should sell them all at listing price, for world peace.

What about rest of 9 coins ( 9 coins x 20pcs each = 180pcs ), which I like the design but no one else like them. Price depreciated more than 60%.

“ Well, it is your collections and it is your problem, not ours “, from some members perspective.

lol.

So if a person ( who do not sell ) buy multiple pcs, hot coin = manipulation, junk coin = collection.

Interesting view of point.

p.s. 2 dealers that I am familiar, currently own Zero pc Ares Silver Coin. Five of my friends own Ares Silver Coin, each friend bought one pc.

Slawek likes this.
  20. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Barsenault, you mentioned “ prices are being manipulated higher in the gods series - the hoard is giving a pretend feeling that the price at these levels is justified! I call BS “

I understood your point.

Prices used to be manipulated by flippers on certain hot coins, now shifted to dealers ( manipulated by dealers )
    Sadly, most hot coins’ prices are either manipulated by flippers or dealers.

Just pick one.

p.s. for example, Perth Mint’s 2oz God Series.