how to vote in the upcoming election .

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by renovator, May 2, 2019.

1. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes, we've hit this dichotomy before Shiney, and economic theory rubbing up against human nature.

You just have to look at the massive waste management issue to see how free market and environment are working together - but again, we've had this discussion before.

I'm not banging a drum for any party in particular, but as I said, the only issues for me are environmental, and the LDP don't measure up to my ideals, much as I like some of their other ideas. I like one or two of Hanson and Anning's also, but the package there is too odious to even sniff at!

We'd definitely be better off though if the fuss and attention paid to their small world views was instead given to the LDP.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  2. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Vote greens,give children a future.

3. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

It's not theory. It is practice. The theory merely explains what is happening ie a priori.

I think the main reason people are opposed to the idea of managing our environmental resources using free-market principles is that they don't understand the concept. Their main misconception is that they believe it relies upon the noble intentions of corporations to do what is in the best interest of the environment. This is false. Free-market environmentalism doesn't rely upon warm fuzzy feelings, noble intentions or marketing strategies employing platitudes - these are the domain of those who would seek to force their values on to others, our politicians, our environmental lobby groups and your average green voter living in a concrete jungle.

Free-market environmentalism is built upon the cold hard concepts of valid science, assigning a price to the things we value and a legal system that upholds contractual law and the property rights of the individual. So basically if you want something from the environment you pay what it is worth to get it. You don't steal it or expect someone else to pay for it, or get a taxpayer hand out or a gift from the State. And if you can't afford to get what you want you do without or you ask someone else nicely to get it for you. And if your individual property rights are negatively affected in any way by somebody else's actions, you get just compensation.

I agree, they're doing pretty damn good. They're responding effectively to consumer demand. See the Kuznets curve above.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  4. mmm....shiney!

Except of course you don't mean those kids who live in families that are employed in the extractive industries.

bordsilver and Stoic Phoenix like this.
  5. JulieW

Semper Idem.

6. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Leftist Greens is by far the worst party and will always go last on my voting ballet.

7. mmm....shiney!

Yep, only party that supports terrorism

renovator and Skyrocket like this.
  8. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yep! Also, their crazy suicidal leftist mentally would push us to open the borders and welcome them into the country like has been going on in Europe. Remember a few months ago they pushed our government to let all them BS refugees (aka freeloader scums and terrorists) from Manis island to settle in Australia.

renovator likes this.
  9. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

when will you stop looking through my curtains u old pervert ...oh thats right you are living your sex life vicariously through me ...thats nice :p at least someone is taking an interest on how to do things properly, unlike the 2 big parties who are ransacking the peoples pockets when they have their pants down .

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  10. renovator

lol ever thought about becoming a comedian ? i think you better lay off the double skinny latte's & smashed avo mate

Ag bullet likes this.
  11. renovator

12. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

Voting promotes corruption and takes your rights away .... anyone with sufficient experience dealing with an owners corporation would understand ...

13. JulieW

They just can't help themselves. After campaigning solo all this time, Morrison must be feeling so appreciated by this bunch of space invaders.

Former Nationals leader Barnaby Joyce has warned the coalition between the Liberals and Nationals is at stake as a civil war erupts over Senate voting just days before the election.

The Nationals took the "extraordinary" step on Wednesday of advising members to ignore Coalition how-to-vote cards and instead vote below-the-line to support the National Party, after renegade Liberal senator Jim Molan stepped up his own below-the-line campaign.

https://www.theage.com.au/federal-e...s-senate-civil-war-rages-20190515-p51nnk.html

14. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

please let it be over now.

15. JulieW

I think that's why so many voting early. I suspect not a lot of early coalition voters.

The interesting thing at this election is the record number of young people hitting the rolls. I suspect the 'dinosaurs in caps' have not factored them in to their fatal result.

renovator likes this.
  16. sctpc

sctpc Active Member

The kids get a letter at 17 telling them to enrol and if they dont do it they get another at 17 9 months again and probably more but thats when mine sent the reply paid envelope back, and its full of threats saying how you can be fined ect.

17. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

i hope they love coal, and buying houses by giving them more debt than they can handle.

18. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

AEC is cautioning that due to level of pre-poll / postal votes, the election may not be known on Sat night / Sun morning.

19. systematic

Politicians convincing people to let them be their representatives ... what a scam ...

renovator and Ag bullet like this.
  20. systematic

We may as well go to the polls to vote between "another brick in the wall" and "dirty deeds done dirt cheap" ...

Ag bullet and SlyGuy like this.