2oz Red Horse Silver Coin ( 2nd coin of Four Horsemen ), mintage 500pcs

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by justsilver, Mar 1, 2019.

1. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Br frankly, I am unfamiliar with Chinese Mints.

Neither New Century Nor Shanghai Mint.

I just gathered info from Western dealer who was unfamiliar with Chinese Mints, neither.

Who got info from SK Bullion.

Anyway, both are Chinese Mints and I am trusting no one now.

lol.

2. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

trust me, I know what you mean. lol. looks like sales came to a halt at $559.00 for C.S. ;)

3. barsenault

Yes.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  4. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

I am not a coin dealer, so no comment on Mint Of Poland’s dealers pricing strategy.

To me, there is no right or wrong. If dealers all sold Red Horse Coin for issue price with no buying limit.

Flippers will get all coins and will sell them on Ebay with 200% profit, 300% profit.

I still remember when I tried to buy 2016 Zeus Silver Coin from Perth Mint’s website. What a chaos at that time.
    Many angry customers who tried but got none and blaming Perth Mint’s selling strategy.

Anyway, this is the strategy Mint Of Poland’ dealers play right now on hot coins. Does not matter if collectors like it or not.

5. barsenault

Yep. We’ll see how it plays out in the ensuing months and years, and whether it is a good strategy. Lol. Right about the Perth. The US seems to deploy a good strategy - limit one per household, until further notice. By the way, how is the price of those Zeus pieces today? Lol. I see one sold for $200.00? That’s exactly what will happen here with the Poland mint with those who may need to or want to sell their collections...buyers beware. Lol. And those buying Ares for 2k. Ouch. Watch what happens to those when the bubble pops. Lol

6. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

I am glad that I bought most of my coins at issue prices.

But sadly, does not matter which mint it is, most of my coins lose their values eventually. Ranging between 20% to 60% depreciation. This is the fate on modern numismatic coins.

Only few coins that I am holding are actually appreciated in values. Ironically, 90% were Mint Of Poland’s ultra high relief silver coins.

This is current trend at this moment.

7. barsenault

If you bought all the poland mint stuff at issue price (gods, goddess, 4 horseman, etc...), you're sipping lemonade by the pool...because those pieces have sky rocketed to the moon...although I suspect they are in the tulip/bitcoin phase melt up and will come back down to earth once the hoarders release into the market...and trust me, there are hoarders...I know a few of them. I belong to a group of collectors, and the way these dealers are treating the stuff from the Poland Mint, will come back to bite them in the arse...it may not be today or tomorrow, but trust me, it will happen...anyway, nice chatting.

8. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

My friend’s collection

p.s. Images deleted.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  9. barsenault

Please do show the goods. Lol

10. Coins A-Z

Coins A-Z Active Member

The truth is that there are mints in several countries which produce extraordinary coins and medals.

Some of my favorite medals (because they are extraordinary in their quality of design) are produced by the Shanghai New Century Mint. The Mint of Poland has unquestionably produced extraordinary coins as well.

The Mint of Paris has produced extraordinary medals for more than a century. I have many favorites from the Mint of Paris including this extraordinary medal: http://www.yorkcoins.com/kg11_-_the...he_united_states_into_the_first_world_war.htm . The Royal Mint and the RCM have both produced extraordinary coins and medals over the past century. Here's a recent stunner from the RCM that I purchased last year: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1867-2017-...058062?hash=item3af2f222ce:g:YvYAAOSwDOlbnUSQ

The Mayer Mint in Germany produces what I see as arguably the most stunning series of coins in the world.....the Tiffany Art coins. A goal of mine is to be able to one day own a kilo Tiffany Art coin! I recently purchased a raw version of this Mayer Mint coin and let me tell you that in hand, it is a stunning coin in spite of the design being fairly simple: https://www.moderncoinmart.com/2017...er-colorized-proof-sh1-500-coin-ngc-pf70.html .

The Japan Mint produces some extraordinary medals....look at this page: https://www.mint.go.jp/eng/buy-eng/international-eng/metallic-art-objects-eng . I purchased one of these last year (it's stunning in hand): https://www.ebay.com/itm/Japan-Nati...610235?hash=item3d56ffcebb:g:imYAAOSwcEtZkWgL

Even the US Mint occasionally produces extraordinary quality products.....the ones coming immediately to mind are the recent proof Palladium Eagle and the 5 oz domed Apollo 11 proof coins.

Let's keep in mind that for mint's like the US Mint, very restrictive legislation often hinders certain types of innovative minting techniques that some other mints are not encumbered by. And yet, the US Mint still has produced some extraordinary coins in spite of this restrictive legislation.

I give kudos to any mint that produces high quality and I'm very happy to see that mints like the Mint of Poland are seeking to push the envelope of fine or highly detailed designs.

sgbuyer likes this.
  11. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Coins A-Z likes this.
  12. Coins A-Z

Coins A-Z Active Member

Thank you for the link.....I have purchased medals in the past from that seller.....so I can confidently recommend that seller's service.

13. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not really into art coins but this proves that Japanese products are underrated. Other than food, I always buy made in Japan stuff if the price difference is not too great. My made in Japan fujitsu SH560 laptop which I bought in 2010 still works today and it is being used everyday.

14. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

the kitty was issue back in 2011 for Yen 20,000 each, it was introduced by our friend from Japan

[​IMG]

Coins A-Z likes this.
  15. barsenault

That’s nice, but def NOT Poland Mint nice. IMHO. Lol

16. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Poland the Niue is a coin
    kitty is just a medal

17. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Talking about medal.

Here is one, .925 silver, from UK

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coins A-Z likes this.
  18. Coins A-Z

Coins A-Z Active Member

Nice kitty!

19. barsenault

I’m DONE collecting the stuff from the Poland mint. Just don’t feel like watching for the next issue of the series to be intro’d and then watch the ‘funny biz’ being played, where prices increase substantially for every piece that is sold. Folks holding hoards to control prices. If you’re interest in the horse #1 and #2 or the dragon red coral or the Cronus Titian’s, I have a couple of each that I’m unloading.