What's the future of silver look like to you?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Coins A-Z, Nov 23, 2017.

1. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

With a physical market this size for the available limited quantity of Silver, I'd say the future looks SHINY.
    This snip is from the TruthNeverTold website.
    SILVER PYRAMID.JPG

slavaja likes this.
  2. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

Stop deluding yourself and accept the fact crooks are running the market and faking the spot price ... you are better off focussing on that ...

3. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This market manipulation is nothing more than just money printing and easy credit.

Take the example of American shale oil. How could it be possible that shale oil be pumped out of the ground and sold at such low prices when the fixed cost is so high?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/frackers-face-harsh-reality-as-wall-street-backs-away-11551009601

It's the same with some silver companies that never make money, e.g. AG, but still raise capital to expand production - https://seekingalpha.com/news/3419542-first-majestic-silver-enters-50m-atm-equity-offering

As long as you can continue raising capital, you don't need to make money - so the price of the commodity doesn't matter since real profits don't matter. But in a shtf scenario - financial crisis, all this capital inflow stops, and suddenly, all the loss making companies need to layoff workers, write off their book assets and go into liquidation or receivership. This is when silver will fly.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    Oddjob and slavaja like this.
  4. systematic

In a shtf scenario the silver spot price can be whatever they can get away with ...

5. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

not sure if the market would be open, long before shtf
    in India case, even big notes can become useless

all can be fake, be it news...egg. milk powder..silver..gold...fake self declare president too

Oddjob likes this.
  6. systematic

I would like to think silver will go to the moon ... but i would not count on it .... because people are greedy, lie and cheat ...

7. sgbuyer

You need silver and gold in the future because they will be the only form of money left that cannot be taxed (as in negative interest on deposits). Paper notes will no longer exist by then.

I can imagine a progressive tax on bank deposits, like 0.5% pa on balance less than $10k, 1% pa on $10k to $100k, 2% pa for $100k to $500k, 3% pa for higher amounts.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    slavaja and JOHNLGALT like this.
  8. JOHNLGALT

9. systematic

I have heard most of these reasons for more than 10 years ... i am saying the "aristocracy" behind the financial system will not allow it ... the masses are already working for a digit on a screen ... so forget about holding and trading precious metals unless we stop blathering delusions and get serious about locking up the scum behind the system ...

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  10. JOHNLGALT

Here's our old friend Charlie from Silver Doctors who is giving Cryptos away & is back on the P.M's bandwagon.

11. ZaidaBoBaida

ZaidaBoBaida Member

I don't know a bunch of silver stackers on YouTube were making a really big deal out of the fact that the US Mint sold out of ASE's, but the price of silver dropped.

12. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

If things get bad , silvers industrial use and value will decline.
    Gold will go up.

13. sgbuyer

Logically speaking this might happen (of course the reverse is also not impossible), but I don't think the recession will come so quickly. Trump will drag the status quo until Nov 2020. From now until Nov 2020, silver might fall to $13 for short periods of time, and might also rise to $20.

If we adopt a wait and see strategy, it will be very difficult to resist buying until Nov 2020. There's a good chance one will "capitulate" and end up buying at a 4-5 year high. To avoid buying at a high price, it maybe better to nibble a little at a time so as to satisfy the urge to buy.

As for gold, there's also talk about it falling below $1000 so similar situation exists.

14. Tokyo

Tokyo Active Member

Fibonacci projections say Gold to 1550-1600$ silver 23-25$ before major drop in metal to 650-800$ gold&silver10-8.50$ followed with mega rally on USD with index as we meet end of market cycle( trade war off the table full impact on QE) Then gold to 3000-3500$probablyhigher Dow maybe -1000$

15. Tokyo

Tokyo Active Member

I see gold & silver hit that target by end of year

16. Tokyo

Tokyo Active Member

Good luck if u fishing for new low this year. I don’t see that yet happening from looking at my count&TA followed by Fibonacci.

17. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As I've stated in SS recently, I'm not a big chartist and look market / economic / macro / political indicators that will drive the gold price and also the AUD / USD rate.

If the Fibonacci theory can overlayed over a longer time period and can show a track record of showing where the USD gold price will go, then I'm keen to see that and they see what that fits with the economic conditions of the time and events but a interesting point to raise none the less Tokyo.

18. Tokyo

Tokyo Active Member

Price action at level tell us full story let’s see what happens. I am flexible on ether way plan A or B

19. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

20. Kelsey

Kelsey New Member

I think short term falls (and fluctuations up or down on a daily basis), longer term 6months + I think rise again. Suits my current stacking plan, early days for me in stacking bullion.