$13 silver might be possible

Discussion in 'Silver' started by leon1998, Feb 14, 2015.

1. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

yeah
    when silver touches $50 back in years ago,
    the general perception from the joe block was, who are these people holding silver, how dare they have them
    when the price crashed, they keep quite, they agree on speculations
    the cheapest asset in town, nobody want them, but there is no given for free now or pay to give it away like it used to be

silver is just like the price of egg
    government would put a price ceiling on them
    when Malaysian Govt is investigating the increase of egg price, they suspected collusion, more like manipulation, and are ready to catch the actors
    but they never even given a thought, that egg price has been stagnant for the last ages, and egg farmers are losing money as the feed price keep on going up year after year
    will the farmers ever call it quit ?? before the bird flu got their birdie

Silverling likes this.
  2. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It appears that the boat has left?

SlyGuy likes this.
  3. Ag

Ag Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My guess is any trading market is 60% TA and 40% sentiment. Main reason for heavier weight to TA is bot trading and used as a main indicator for large retail/inistuitional investors. TA might pick the trend but sentiment is always the underlying driver of the market (eg FOMO for crypto late 2017 and FOGO starting for realestate)

Currently, the US markets have taking a beating (~20%) with a dead cat bounce playing out. Metals moving up shouldn't be a surprise. As the damage has been shown, plunge protection teams are going to be working extra hard to prop up and reduce the carnage. Smarter money will see the opportunity, dump on the rebound (if not already) then scoop up at the bottom (stock tip? Apple is starting to look nicer out of the FANGS everyday!). US markets are starting to enter a 2-4 year Bear market so no need to run into the burning building.

Any market down dramatically from ATH is worth a look. That includes crypto's with good projects/use cases and cash to survive. See BTC bottom in 2-4 months. Would suggest waiting for the SEC ruling before any sizeable capital investiments

Gold (as typical) leads the mental move, then bungy drags Silver along for the ride. Wouldn't be waiting for lower physical prices as mentioned in previous posts. JPM has their stockpile and doesn't have much interest to push Ag to $4-$5/oz but seriously doubt even with their abilities could get Ag under $14 for any period

sgbuyer likes this.
  4. sgbuyer

Not sure about whether Silver will not drop below $14 again, but the demand for gold is very strong. Alor's strategy of nipping at bargains wherever you can find may actually turn out to be a very good averaging strategy.

Ag likes this.
  5. Silverling

Silverling Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This statement is so true. Last night I went to bed thinking about this.

It happened just now, 4 weeks ago when the price of silver was $19.40 AUD an oz people were trying to sell some items here and there were no takers or it took some time to sell. Then 4 weeks later it's nearly $22 an oz and everything is selling for 10% higher and people jump on it like there is no tomorrow.

My question is this, why do people prefer to pay more now but they didn't want to buy when the price was lower? It is ridiculous really, in life you would love to buy that car or new TV for 10% lower and you wait for those bargains and yet with silver people jump on the band wagon when it goes up, doing just the opposite. The people who buy at lower prices (like 4 weeks ago) deserve to get all the benefits of higher prices. They took calculated guesses and it is has paid off in such a short amount of time. Well done to them!!

Johno71, jultorsk and Ag like this.
  6. alor

^for stocks... there is a little secret desire of all gamblers to lose, there is a whole chapter in a book I have
    ^ for silver...its in personal psychology, the fear of not making the moon run, of missing the party, their ownership partner of having them to show that they are in them, no matter the prices acquired
    just remember for every buyer there is seller, it is just metal changed hands

but to answer the question, being a man, and wanting to remain the same is a human nature, not sure how tall the oldest tree on earth is, just like how rich is the richest man on earth is
    but when every one can get the right answers, there everybody want to be different, that is not in their nature...
    people want to believe in a trend, but the change is coming and they did not see it...remember their nature to stay the same as the trend, ie down and down... until it reverses.
    ok bottoms is in, there is a confirmation... lets jump on the band wagons...herd mentality...can lead to a disaster.

I was looking at the chart, see the low near 14... looking back at 16.50
    that is not far enough, as compared to the last top of 50 and 15... so no matter what, i have the cash to turned into metal. I would have done it too
    there are stores not open, etc...
    can't buy them anyway...
    but I did it last Saturday close to 100 ozs to reward myself, it was just too fast to spent the cash

Ag likes this.
  7. sgbuyer

The sentiment for Silver in sept-nov period was terrible. Everyone was talking about $13 silver. In early Nov, there was even talk about $10 silver. Some silver pushers were near to the point of capitulation. There was a certain amount of panick selling for semi-numis in the secondary market. In my opinion, semi-numis were the real opportunity during this period. I was able to buy 6-8 months old QB gold and silver from local dealerships at release date premiums. However, despite the recent price increase, the sentiment for gold and silver is still bad, at least in the Singapore market.

8. sgbuyer

So what next? Continue buying? Averaging up - I mean relative to Oct/Nov buys.

Where's Pirocco?? :D

9. Ag

Ag Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Depends on you view towards the US markets as seems investors will jump to the metals on a correction. So if you see S&P rallying then hold off buying more metal otherwise shop around for some low premium 999. You will know to stop buying once the new FOMO money flows into the space

sgbuyer likes this.
  10. alor

its Apple losing market in China, sale will be 0 this year
    when the 5 eyes tries to ban Huawei

11. sgbuyer

I believe that the S&P has entered a multi-year bear cycle and in a bear market there can be strong rallies so it is possible that the market may bounce very strongly in the short term.

To satisfy my silver itch, I’ve bought some secondary market QB Griffins coasters and low premium 10oz PM bars. Spent about $1k. I think I’ll hold back on the 2019 unicorn since there is another 9 months to go before they run out of production. :)

Ag likes this.
  12. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Here I am...
    I ceased buying early september, nothing to buy with, no euro's left after the euro > silver swaps, when spot was USD $14.
    Before that I also ceased, in 2014 that was. Some 3 years hoarding euro's, to then all swap it at better (lower) silver prices.
    Averaging is too easy, read a ticket to the losing side. :D
    Not that I was/am a school example of a winning side... for that my past errors were too big.
    Just doing better now...

sgbuyer likes this.
  13. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

I once said it, when 4 men and a horse are left, and forum looks like a graveyard, it's time to buy.
    I don't expect a silver bull market now though.
    For that, 2011+ sits too fresh in the memories.
    I do think that a next crisis downturn started in 2018. Give it a year to travel to bottoms, though not bottoms as before, same reason too fresh in memories - same also applies to the suckers selling near bottoms.
    A crisis is due to selling, selling is due to profit when selling, and since general prices didn't increase much since the last, there is profit, and profit is GRABBED.

paruwka likes this.
  14. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

I bought most of my silver under AU$20, and now that it's gone back up, I'm pretty much done.
    If it drops back down to that I'll look again, but otherwise happy to ride what I've got unless I need the money for something else or there is a moon rocket in which case I'll take my profits in fiat.

Ag likes this.
  15. sgbuyer

Glad to hear from you. Your posts are one of the reasons why I loaded up a couple hundred oz in Sept-Nov period. Wish I had bought more but this game is never easy.

Over the last 2 months, I lost like 30% on what is left of my stock holdings and didn't lose sleep over it, while I may have nightmares if silver drops 3-4% in a day like it did in July. o_O

16. Rocco

Rocco New Member

What precious metals retailers give the best pricing? I've been buying off of auctions on eBay and from Bullion Exchanges from time to time but always looking to find reliable retailers.

17. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

Bix Weir says that $100,000 per oz. is possible in this video.

18. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

In black & white.
    100,000 oz.jpg

19. alor

a time waster
    the USD would be rejected by the world, since they claim, 1 USD is equal to 10 AUD or even 100 AUD

it all making sense now, nobody in China would want to use I-phone, they would be suspected of taking bribe
    I-phone is ranked number 3rd, after Samsung and Huawei
    Huawei is cheaper for a third of the cost of i-phone

how in the world want to accept that 1 USD is equal to 100 AUD, yet Europe need to spent 2% of their GDP to buy US weapons such as Patriot missiles when they can have the S-400

20. sgbuyer

The S400 hasn't really been proven in combat.

But Israel has destroyed many SA22 batteries, which is part of the S400 defense system - https://nationalinterest.org/blog/t...orce-has-been-destroying-syrias-russian-25881