URGENT: need to get in contact with a few members ASAP. details inside

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by Oronox, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Silverbandit007

Silverbandit007 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am not affected by this but have supplied all information I have about the person to beyond.

2. Jonesy67

Jonesy67 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks. We have everything needed.

Silverbandit007 and GF like this.
  3. tongkat

tongkat Active Member Silver Stacker

Sorry to hear about this. I was hoping for a better outcome for all concerned.

Anniesilver likes this.
  4. chansax

chansax New Member

Interesting. Few years back when I just started buying coins, I bought from a fraudulent eBay seller in QLD - also called Mat (email was [email protected]).
    Probably coincidence

5. Bear Metal

Bear Metal Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Okay was hoping this was going to all be okay but seems to be headed South. I have "Trying2Save" in my "time waster - do not trade with list" for quite a while now.

It took me a while to find this from an old post, it can't entirely be applied exactly but the same principles are in place so I have extracted to try apply, one to try reflect the current issue and the other the original post so people can be informed if they are sold a fake item. Basically because this person/s has sold something and not delivered it is theft (selling fake items is fraud). If the offending person currently resides in another country, it is out of Australia's jurisdiction to prosecute.

Good luck and I hope everyone involved can sort it out.

For the current matter -
    This is a civil matter so you can make a civil complaint and go through the small claims tribunal but you must have all the evidence in place first before consulting the authorities.

-Get screens shots of the sales thread as proof he intentionally sold you items.

-Get screen shots of any postal details and email threads, Auspost info etc to prove the item was never sent/received, any fake info supplied.

-Talk with the admin to gather personal info on "Trying2Save" including the link between the person and the username, as much detail as possible.

-Contact his bank and file a report with them regarding the issue.

-File a report with the police. Ask their advice on how to follow up or what you can do. MAKE SURE YOU GET A REFERENCE NUMBER (ensure they actually make a report). Make sure you have all the evidence to back it up.

-Talk to a small claims lawyer to write a formal letter to "Trying2Save" explaining that you will sue him if he doesn't repay. They will also help you get all the info to link "Trying2Save" to the actual person through silverstackers. (May cost a few hundred though).

-You will probably have to constantly chase the police up to ensure things keep moving.

-He may come to his senses and repay before it gets too serious. Also he might go into a payment plan.

Hope this information helps.

Below for a fake Perth Mint bar sold mid last year
    This is a civil matter so you can make a civil complaint and go through the small claims tribunal.

-Get screens shots of the sales thread as proof he intentionally sold fake bars claiming to be genuine.
    -Get further tests to confirm they are fake with proof.
    -Talk with the admin to gather personal info on Carloc including the link between the person and the username, as much detail as possible.
    -Contact his bank and file a report with them regarding the issue.
    -File a report with the police. Ask their advice on how to follow up, most likely with Perth Mint. MAKE SURE YOU GET A REFERENCE NUMBER (ensure they actually make a report).
    -Talk to a small claims lawyer to write a formal letter to Carlo explaining that you will sue him if he doesn't repay. They will also help you get all the info to link Carloc to the actual person through silverstackers. (May cost a few hundred though).
    -Contact Perth Mint explaining what has happened with all details etc including police report, this is fraud of their product and they should take it quite seriously. They most likely will take it up with the police as he is selling more than one, this will then become a CRIMINAL matter in which the police can press charges. Fraud is not taken lightly in Australia.
    -The fact he knowingly on sold fake bars it is fraud even if he unknowingly bought them. And the proof is in his sales thread.
    -He may come to his senses and repay before it gets too serious. Also he might go into a payment plan.
    Hope this information helps.
    I think Perth Mint need to be notified although they may have the bars confiscated from the police if they choose to prosecute.

Jonesy67, Theox, Jayden and 4 others like this.
  6. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for the post and feedback Bear Metal. Much appreciated.

Theox and Bear Metal like this.
  7. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

I'm pretty sure I hv seen this 'payment plan' in some early threads.. I don't think it goes to plan..

Bear Metal likes this.
  8. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Much more straightforward for anyone who lives in the same state as the seller to lodge a complaint and get it acted on than interstate buyers.

Ignore offers of "payment plans" it's total garbage. Excuses of unexpected crises occurring and screwing their finances and causing them to use cheap pens or postage methods, or mistakenly selling items twice are all previously used explanations for trades gone bad here and should be treated with scepticism.

9. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There are a few threads about this type of activity in Questions and Comments posted in late 2015/early 2016 that may be worth a read.

10. Jonesy67

So if Silverstackers have had problems before with Trying2Save than why wasn't he banned from the site. If there was a legit reason than what about now. I suggest it may be time.

11. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Apologies if off topic, but why is this a civil matter. It seems like fraud and theft to me.

Miksture likes this.
  12. Jonesy67

I have spoken with the QLD Police indirectly through a copper mate of mine and they stated that because it was an online private sale it needs to be reported through ACORN first. ACORN will process and pass onto the appropriate authorities in the case the QLD police.

https://www.acorn.gov.au

Theox, JulieW and spannermonkey like this.
  13. Bear Metal

Bear Metal Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Civil just means civilian law, not common law. You are not dealing with a company or country as such but a private individual.

If the money involved is substantial enough you would be able to take them to a small claims court and if proven guilty may be ordered to repay lost money plus any incurred costs, if the offending party can prove financial difficulty they may be ordered to go into a payment plan. If they forfeit on payments etc then charges may be laid.

It's a shit long drawn out system to get someone to do the right thing and may cost you along the way with no guarantee of getting your money back but your lawyer will inform you of your risks.

14. tongkat

tongkat Active Member Silver Stacker

We use ACORN for credit card fraud through our online store. It has resulted in one instance of restitution over the years. And more than a few instances of detectives rocking up to the suspects door unannounced which is worth something in itself.

raven and Theox like this.
  15. Jonesy67

The REBELS Club House is about 5km from where I live just saying.

bubblebobble2, Theox and Bear Metal like this.
  16. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

You mean Joe Hockey's house?!

Jonesy67 likes this.
  17. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Have you ever dealt with them ?
    = Just bend over & give them everything you have

18. Miksture

Miksture Active Member Silver Stacker

So did anyone ever see if Oronox was actually Trying2Save? I mean if they are not the same then we have 2 potential criminals. One who took money then did not deliver items and one who misrepresented themselves and tried to get addresses of the victims...

19. Jonesy67

Yes it is T2S. He responded back when I used Oronox email that was supplied with details from older emails and PMs he wouldn't know unless it was. Oh and he signed off with his full name.

Miksture likes this.
  20. Jonesy67

Shit no, don't want to be turned into their latest Nth Qld drug mule.