Monitoring the Crypto Bubble

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by Bullion Baron, Dec 12, 2017.

Tags:
?

Where do you think we are in the crypto bubble?

1. Very early (years left to run)

21.1%
  2. Around the middle (could still run for months or a year)

38.0%
  3. Very late (could end within days/weeks)

23.9%
  4. It's not a bubble

16.9%
  1. sodl

sodl Well-Known Member

There are some cryptos out there that have the problem solved that you are talking about.
    So you have one cryptos and buy their coin/token and load up your wallet. Then you can buy something online or in a physical shop or withdraw cash from an automatic teller machine (atm) or pay someone in any fiat currency anywhere in the world to their bank account all from your one wallet which simply converts from your coin/token, for a small fee, to whatever crypto or any countries fiat currency. I think also your coin/token may be even able to convert to pay a person in commodities tokens/coins also , gold,silver,oil etc. I do not think they will cover all cryptos but certainly many of the main cryptos. Maybe in time they could convert to most cryptos , including cryptos that buy/sell shares in the skock market.

The person you are buying from or sending crypto or fiat has no clue what crypto or fiat currency you hold.

I will look up names of some of these cryptos I am talking about and post them at a later time.

Also with new technology pretty soon you will be able to make direct payments across different blockchains. eg from BTC > ETH , BTC > LTC . At the moment you need to exchange one coin/token for the other. In time this will make many crypto exchanges extinct. The space is constantly evolving.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    mmm....shiney! likes this.
  2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

MCO is an example of a multi-crypto Visa card and wallet, it allows you to transfer, store, sell, buy and convert crypto, it will also allow purchases like a regular Visa card, there are loyalty and user incentives like other cards.

Currently there are 5 supported crypto and their own stable coin USDM.

EBB7049C-8046-4DA5-9A40-5411720AB7F1.png

The vast majority of crypto are not designed to replace fiat currency but are tokens exchanged to enable access to the protocol.

sodl likes this.
  3. inmizu

inmizu Active Member

'Also with new technology pretty soon you will be able to make direct payments across different blockchains. eg from BTC > ETH'

Hey, sodl!. My eyes have become a real problem, and I recently had to bail on a big project (undertaken for the GRS guys), which involved 'DEXes.' And on some of these DEXes, they are trialling atomic swaps -- which is what you're talking about. And I did in fact blunder through a couple of atomic swaps on BarterDEX.

'In time this will make many crypto exchanges extinct.' We use the terms 'CEXes' and 'DEXes' -- centralised and decentralised exchanges. It will make CEXes extinct. DEXes are the future (though slower coming than I thought . . . ).

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article62196.html

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    sodl likes this.
  4. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I was replying to general view, not something specific from anyone.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  5. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

The general view is mistaken.

6. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nano XRB has wow...

7. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

wan is also up 40% from the low last week, are some alts on the recovery?

8. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As someone who owns some of these coins that are enjoying a nice little pump, I have no real faith in it continuing because the overall marketcap hasn't changed at all

Until new money comes in, this is all just smoke and mirrors

9. dozerz

youre thinking too logical, price doesnt follow logic in crypto markets. most "experts" are saying the ether recovery will signal the start of alt season and it hasnt moved.

10. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There's certainly several coins that I would consider to be well over sold (Nano, WAN, ICX etc) so I think people are realising that and starting to accumulate, but I don't think it's going to turn into a massive boom

Would love to be proven wrong, and I plan on buying more very soon myself, but until the overall MC starts to actually move I don't see it happening

11. inmizu

inmizu Active Member

+1

12. inmizu

inmizu Active Member

'But now a global crackdown has begun, and it could ultimately mean the death of the entire sector.'

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/...n-unprecedented-crackdown-on-cryptocurrencies

I imagine that this guy has a little backpack of anti-depression meds that get piped directly into his veins. Every day, year in year out, his world is collapsing blowing up breaking down decaying rotting spinning out of control. If he say cryptos are doomed, we're likely over the worst.

13. inmizu

inmizu Active Member

14. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Looks like the final leg down is starting. This could get nasty. I'm hoping the market cap won't go lower then 110 billion, but the market is still VERY over heated so who knows where the true value is.

15. dozerz

will this get deleted?

seems to be following some ta pretty closely, target of support is 5900. maybe some expert can tell us what type of pennant this is?

[​IMG]

16. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Bitcoin investors are getting their digital butts kicked lately. Hard. Bitcoin prices have plunged more than 20% in the past two days.

Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple and other cryptocurrencies have suffered similarly large drops. The reason for the latest pullback? A Business Insider report that investment banking giant Goldman Sachs (GS)may be dropping plans to launch a crypto trading desk.

17. Ipv6Ready

Not all investors. I consider myself an investor but I dont have a single coin of anything since November 2017

Way too expensive at the moment and way too many dreams of next moonshot.

The next boom wont occur, until all the holders have given up and the coin drops to less than a thousand.
    At the stage the pumpers needs to come back and drive the masses to nirvana, so the investors can buy in on the moonshot to get off before crashing again leaving the masses holding the hot potato.

Just like PM without frenzy of masses and pumpers, there is no point investing in PM or Crypto

18. inmizu

inmizu Active Member

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  19. Ipv6Ready

Basically Goldman CFO was debunking Bloomberg and pumper sites like cointelegraph

The Goldman hype had more to do with crypto community hoping goldman WILL open one, i think. I doubt there are more than a handful multi millionaire or billionaires even considering crypto.

Because if one look at crypto as currency, how many multi millionaires and billionaires are looking to buy Turkish lira or Venezuelan Petro?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bloo...ody-offering-despite-bleak-market-predictions

20. inmizu

inmizu Active Member

Let's visit Planet Krypto right this second!

First, here's the CMC '3M' chart: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/#charts

Here the one-year: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/#charts

And here's one Reddit thread I check daily: https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoMarkets/

Here's another: https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrencies/

Here's a third: https://www.reddit.com/r/altcoin/

So, no, guys. We aren't getting our butts kicked. There's no frantic discussion about the drop in price.

Rather, the prices of cryptos -- although wonking about quite significantly -- are looking for a mid-term bottom to the slide that followed the 2017 spike.