World exclusive. SK Bullion release their first collectors coin with Asiatic Lion Skull in HR

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by whay, May 19, 2018.

1. whay

whay Well-Known Member

2. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Must buy coin for me

2oz High Relief

First Coin In Beast Skull Series

Mintage 500

Lion Skull Silver Coin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

whay likes this.
  3. Fat Penguin

Fat Penguin Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Gus Fring.....

4. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Confirmed that New Century Shanghai Mint minted this coin for SK Bullion.

Shanghai Mint is famous for ultra high relief brass or silver medals in the past.

p.s. Expecting quick sell out ( mintage 500 pcs on High Relief Silver Coin )

5. whay

whay Well-Known Member

The 2nd and 3rd coin in the series will blow you away! I will try to post the pic asap.

raven likes this.
  6. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Looking forward to images of 2nd, and 3rd Beasts Skull.

Do you know how many pcs for whole series?

7. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Silverbandit007 likes this.
  8. tommyrogers

tommyrogers Member

9. tommyrogers

tommyrogers Member

Is It new century or shanghai mint?

e c

10. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

SK Bullion said Lion Skull is minted by “ New Century Shanghai Mint “

11. whay

whay Well-Known Member

Quick peek on a new Chinese Mythology Series from SK Bullion.
    Erlang Shen (二郎神) 2 oz .999 Silver. High Relief. Glided with Antique Finish. Mintage 500. Serial Numbered on the side. I physical the actual coin and absolutely love it.

https://imgur.com/a/6Nch4tF

Source: Wiki
    Erlang Shen is mostly portrayed, whether in ancient legends or games or television, as a noble and powerful Warrior God who slays and vanquishes Demons and Monsters in the mortal realm and who embodies justice and righteousness. He is shown to have vast, superhuman strength, being able to cleave an entire mountain with his axe to save his mother in just one stroke and being capable of 72 Transformations(sometimes said to be 73 Transformations), meaning he can transform into virtually anything he wants.

His main weapon of choice is his "three-pointed, double-edged Lance" (三尖兩刃槍), a long three-pointed Spear with two cutting edges of a Saber. This Spear is powerful enough to penetrate and cleave through steel and stone like wool. Erlang wields the Lance with unmatched skill and superior mastery, being an unstoppable force of destruction in battle when wielding said Lance, and has slain countless Gods and massive armies of Demons with it. He is almost always accompanied by his faithful 'Howling Celestial Dog' (嘯天犬), which has the ability to attack and subdue Demons and evil spirits.

Erlang Shen has also been portrayed as possessing a unique skill known as the "Nine Turns Divine Skill" (九轉玄功). It grants him vast, physical durability of undefined limits and nigh-invulnerability to conventional weapons and various magic spells. In the novel "Creation of the Gods", Erlang was shown to be completely impervious to hits from various powerful mystical objects due to this skill; he has emerged completely unscathed from mystical weapons and artifacts that have proven capable of severely injuring or even killing other Immortals.

Erlang Shen, as a God that embodies justice, can execute 'Heaven's Punishment, by calling down countless massive, devastating bolts of Holy Lightning to strike and totally disintegrate evil beings.

The third-eye on his forehead does not have a fixed name, though its most popular name currently is "The Eye of Heaven" (天眼). It has the ability to differentiate truth from lies and see through deceptions and disguises. It may be used as an offensive weapon, being able to fire continuous, highly destructive energy blasts of vast, incredible power.

The third-eye possesses enough power to utterly destroy and vaporize anything it hits, even powerful enough to shatter and disintegrate entire mountains, or completely erase hundreds of thousands of Demons from existence in one go, or even cripple and destroy Immortals that have supposedly 'indestructible' bodies.

Erlang Shen is a playable character in the RPG 'League of Immortals' (亂鬥西遊), an action-adventure game that combined RPG and MOBA gameplay. He is known as only 'Erlang' in the game and is of the Immortal Class(仙), which is strong against the Devil Class(魔).

The playable character 'Exiled God'(神將)from the Asian MMORPG 'Asura Online'(鬥戰神)is based on Erlang Shen, in appearance and skills. He is a melee fighter who mainly uses the Spear but can also use the Sword and Crossbow. While most of his skills involves deadly combos with his Spear, they include melee attacks with the Celestial Hound and ranged Power attacks with his Heavenly Eye.
    In the MOBA game SMITE, he is a playable character featured as a melee warrior.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  12. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Looks like Erlang Shen is not a ultra high relief coin?

I am more into Beasts Skull Series.

Any images on 2nd and 3rd coins?

13. whay

whay Well-Known Member

Just like the Lion Skull, Erlang Shen is also a high relief coin. Unfortunately on the Beasts Skull Series I am not at liberty to talk more about it except that there will be 5 coins in the series.

14. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Understood, Thanks whay for the information.

I ordered more than 10pcs on Lion Skull through dealer.

I think I am going to love this ultra high relief coin.

p.s. I also collect 2016 5oz Mauquoy Big Five Lion Ultra High Relief Silver Coin. ( used to own 5 pcs, just sold 2 pcs yesterday to friends )
    [​IMG]

whay likes this.
  15. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Also collect Kilo Lion, too.

lol.

[​IMG]

whay likes this.
  16. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

That Mauquoy is a beast. I love it. I bought one of the early release 70’s 5 oz. it’s a keeper. Lol. That kilo is a beast. Those things are going for like 6K. The details of it are amazing. I’m probably too much of a purist. I’m not sure how I feel about a NIUE mint producing a Chinese series. It’s like them doing a Panda coin, just something weird about it...for me personally. But looks nice...and I’m sure it will do well, if it is high relief.

Just silver did you get the new Zeus coin. Wonder how that will do?

17. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

SK Bullion’s Lion Skull Coin is minted by Shanghai Mint ( New Century ) with 6mm Ultra High Relief comparing to Mint Of Poland’s 3mm Ultra High Relief.

So I really hope this will be a good looking coin with antique finish.

Niue $5 is just currency that SK Bullion use, to make this a silver coin instead of a silver medal.

Regarding 2018 Zeus Silver Coin, I skipped this one. Not my type. Waiting for next Mint Of Poland’s Ultra High Relief Coin with Apocalypse scheme.

p.s. but I do still have 2014 Zeus Coin. I love them. lol.
    [​IMG]

18. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

19. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

ridiculous price for silver investment.

But if you are art collector/investor and you know the market

20. whay

whay Well-Known Member

For collectibles with small mintage (esp. first coin) at $100 an ounces I consider it fair game.

Ipv6Ready likes this.