Alt coins to watch 2018

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by Jimmy1986, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've jumped on

Happy to take a crack and see how it goes over the next few days

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

If i don't reach some targets beforehand the plan is to sell with about 30 minutes to go in the comp.

Soprano16 likes this.
  3. Soprano16

It's always difficult to time the sell, but based on previous history I'll probably look to exit a day or two before it's over

Who knows, it could dump, or it could sell off a little and then hold and continue on

Either way, this is a short term play for me and I'll just keep an eye on it and go with my gut

4. Soprano16

Alright, so perhaps we can stimulate some healthy discussion around what coins people are currently holding and currently investigating

Anything but IOTA talk please :p

I'm looking to make some changes to my portfolio and am always open to hear what others think are worthwhile projects worth investigating so I'd love to hear from anyone who is willing to share

Personally, I've done quite a bit of research into Elastos (ELA) lately and I really like what I've seen. I was actually planning on buying into it yesterday believe it or not, but got distracted and then woke up this morning to see it's up 25% lol so that's super frustrating to miss that. I'll need to monitor it for now and look for a good entry point if one does in fact present itself now :(

Overall MC has been steadily increasing which is great to see, but I'm finding it a little difficult trying to find good projects that have good entry points so I'm sitting on the sidelines waiting, but I don't want to wait longer haha so what are some real quality projects with potential for good gains coming up?

5. mmm....shiney!

I’ve bought some incremint in its ICO phase.

Soprano16 likes this.
  6. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

nexo might be worth you while looking at.

precious roar and Soprano16 like this.
  7. Stoic Phoenix

How is that different to most any other crypto.io ?

As per above

Better than the 0% offered by IOTA and many others where only profit taking option is if coin price goes up yet you see the profit share as a negative aspect?

Think it was 16% APR mentioned somewhere.

Available on idex & forkdelta currently and a yet to be announced top 10 exchange on May 10th.
    Price up near 3x from ico in last week since listing on exchanges

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  8. Stoic Phoenix

We clearly have different concerns, goals and strategies

9. mmm....shiney!

It’s why an investigation into the dev team always forms part of your fundamental analysis

10. Soprano16

Yes it's quite obvious BB approaches this market quite differently to the way most people would. There's nothing wrong with that, but we've had enough back and forth about that on the forum lately so maybe we just mention what we're looking into and then the reader can do their own research

I glanced it too, so thanks for the suggestion Stoic. Personally it's probably not something that I'd be looking to get into myself, only because I spent a lot of time in SALT and although this is different it's essentially in the same space as SALT, ETHLEND etc and based on my experiences to date I've decided that the loan section is probably not something I'd be looking to get back into just yet , but it's always on the radar so thanks again for bringing it to my attention :)

I did very well with SALT, but that was during a bull market however since they have launched their product there still doesn't seem to be enough interest in this space from a customer point of view in terms of making it a coin that will pump any time soon so I'm happy to sit back and observe the space but not invest in this current climate

I could be completely wrong, but with the current state of the market ICO's and or coins that have recently come out of ICO aren't really high on my priority list at the moment unless they have insane amounts of hype like WAN, ONT etc had so I'm focusing primarily on Top 100 coins with a few shots at coins in the 100-300ish range but even so there's not a whole lot that's really grabbing me at the moment so perhaps I might be best just doing a slight reshuffle of my current portfolio and continue to hodl

11. Stoic Phoenix

Definitely in same sphere as SALT @Soprano16 and as such heres a short comparison

Product SALT vs NEXO: SALT is a p2p platform, which means that each loan is a custom transaction and it may take days/weeks for your loan to be matched for every borrower and lender. Getting funded happens manually on SALT’s end right now. On top of that comes the preparation of the loan documentation, which reduces efficiency further.
    The NEXO crypto-backed loans are instant and automatic because we know that speed is essential when you need liquidity. And the loan terms at NEXO are standardised for everyone, so there are no back and forth negotiations between borrower and lender.

SALT offers installment loans with monthly repayment schedule and your crypto stays locked/blocked until you repay the last $1 of your loan even if your crypto’s value has increased 100x in the meantime. NEXO is very flexible with regards to the crypto that you keep in your Nexo Wallet.

At SALT you can only use fiat to repay your loans NEXO offers a variety of options: besides fiat, you can also use crypto at market prices (even the crypto kept in your Nexo Wallet) to make instant repayments.

SALT is available in the US, while NEXO is a Swiss-based company and offers its loans worldwide.

Token SALT vs. NEXO: SALT has a membership utility token that gives you access to their platform. This creates a conflict of interest between investors and members because members want the SALT membership token price to stay low, while investors want the token’s price to grow.
    On the other hand, the NEXO token is the world’s first US SEC-compliant dividend-paying asset-backed security token with utility features. NEXO tokens are backed by the crypto-backed loans assets portfolio and you receive dividends from NEXO profits while you are hodl-ing NEXO tokens.
    The NEXO token also has great utility features: you can use NEXO tokens to make loan repayments at discount on the interest; --- you can use NEXO tokens in your Nexo Wallet to increase your loan Limit, again at discount on the interest.

Soprano16 likes this.
  12. mmm....shiney!

This is a useful resource, how to do your own research.

13. mmm....shiney!

I’m always fighting that urge to be on what could possibly be the next big thing, when really what I should be doing is concentrating a small amount of my resources to day trading in order to generate profits so I can buy the major coins for long term holding.

I’d really like to increase my holdings of OMG and MCO, and get some other income generating coins like NEX or NVO which stoic told me about. It’s like buying rental property.

14. precious roar

precious roar Active Member

I, too, like Nexo and will try to grab some when they hit an exchange. Populous is another passive income coin, which I am slowly accumulating.

15. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

i would be buying all the exchange coins, binance, kcs, bco and cefs. binance just made more profit last quarter than most investment banks, make sure you get your cut.

16. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Well-Known Member

Have to agree. Binance is the only one out of my small portfolio I look at as a serious medium to long term investment. I just wish I got onto it a little earlier.

17. mmm....shiney!

Big moves by THETA.

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 11.13.11 am.png

Attached Files:

18. mmm....shiney!

Interesting conversation with Mitch Liu from Theta Token on partnerships, plans, censorship etc.

19. DrSilver

DrSilver Member

EOS is my pick for the Alt of 2018. Leading the revival on this return to green day.

20. Soprano16

I'm not looking for specific amounts, but can anyone share their portfolio breakdown?

This is something I am really struggling to decide on and what is the most optimal play for me

5 coins at 20% each? 4 at 25%? 2 at 40% with 2 at %10? etc etc

I'd be curious to know what strategy/breakdown people are going with

I don't think I'd want to be in any more than 3-5 overall, because the more you're in the thinner you're spread - I prefer to go heavy in a few instead so that gains are much stronger but I'm trying to figure out what's the best spread for me, and what coins I want to be holding moving forward