Monitoring the Crypto Bubble

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by Bullion Baron, Dec 12, 2017.

Tags:
?

Where do you think we are in the crypto bubble?

1. Very early (years left to run)

21.1%
  2. Around the middle (could still run for months or a year)

38.0%
  3. Very late (could end within days/weeks)

23.9%
  4. It's not a bubble

16.9%
  1. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Many/most alternate finance YTube channels regularly have him on and imo glorify him. Search Cliff High on some of them popular channels and you will see.

2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Pass

leo25 likes this.
  3. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Bitcoin
    Down 24 percent

4. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Some bitcoin and crypto supporters in Singapore claims it is clean money which North Korea coins are building on blood. Has North Korea start a war in last 20 years and kill many?

Crypto currency indirectly been ruin a lot of ignorant into the games. The smarter has cashed out and run away by sucking on the loss of others. It is another type of reaping other wealth to their pocket. Sometimes, you just not to argue with those extremist and emotional unstable people. Their greed has blind them all ways. I did face one of this people since May 2017.

5. mmm....shiney!

perspective
    (pəˈspɛktɪv)
    n
    1. a way of regarding situations, facts, etc, and judging their relative importance
    2. the proper or accurate point of view or the ability to see it; objectivity: try to get some perspective on your troubles.
    3. (Art Terms) the theory or art of suggesting three dimensions on a two-dimensional surface, in order to recreate theappearance and spatial relationships that objects or a scene in recession present to the eye
    4. the appearance of objects, buildings, etc, relative to each other, as determined by their distance from the viewer, orthe effects of this distance on their appearance
    5. a view over some distance in space or time; vista; prospect
    6. (Art Terms) a picture showing perspective
    [C14: from Medieval Latin perspectīva ars the science of optics, from Latin perspicere to inspect carefully, from per-(intensive) + specere to behold]
    perˈspectively adv
    Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014

This may help:

Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 4.34.15 pm.png

sammy and renovator like this.
  6. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

yes perspective
    McAfee-Main-739x4201.jpg McAfee.jpg

sammy likes this.
  7. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

$6000-$5000, Still 3.5 Oz of Gold and Waaay better return over the last 12 months in comparison to gold as well.

8. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

do we agree the bubble is over now? btc has dropped past the 200 day moving average, even if you dont draw lines on charts that would be significant.

9. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No doubt the bubble has burst, it's just a matter of whether we're entering a long term bear market now or whether we might see another bull run that remains to be seen

10. whay

whay Well-Known Member

Let's sing a new tune..........
    Holdl of gold and silver buying lambo; G&S to the moon!
    Tothemoon.jpg

11. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

Just looking at this basic 7 day chart, you can see massive high volume on sharp down days. That is bad for future price prognostications generally-speaking. It will be like watching silver fall from $50 to $14 over the past years. All along the way the bulls thought it would recover. It still hasn't recovered really (silver) at least not yet.

https://www.worldcoinindex.com/coin/bitcoin

12. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

SEC and other governing bodies seemed quite bullish on crypto today

Nice to see some good news :)

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  13. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

This is so so true.
    I was holding a coin a week or 2 ago that shot up 1500% but the market was very small and the best i could do was sell for 300% as no one was buying.
    I suspect it was a small group of people playing with the coin to boost it up that much as at one point it went up 24000% twenty four thousand percent.
    It was mad how it went up when people were only buying well lower.
    With all that only 8 Btc were in play .

14. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Because you can bet your bottom satoshi that they have money personally invested in the crypto market ;)

15. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

jhi.jpg

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    mmm....shiney! likes this.
  16. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:D

BTW I think too many big players are in Cryptos for it to crash to zero any time soon. Perhaps the time after next! LOL

17. mmm....shiney!

The crypto market won’t crash to zero, individual coins are another matter.

willrocks likes this.
  18. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

I've learned to accept that I know nothing about how big this market can get. On an Ripple forum I remember chatting with people early 2017 talking about the price could hit $1 by the end of the year. I simply did not think it was possible. Ripple then pumped from a half cent to 7 cents and then back to 3 cents in a couple days. I sold over 250k at 3 cents USD. Caught many others early and up until December every coin I had ever sold was worth 10X months later. I was also buying gold and silver with bitcoin around 2 grand. Kinda wish I held off for a few more months. Every time I've sold thinking we peaked out it has costs me, but then I hold through the new year and it costs me haha. I'm just taking my hands off the wheel and letting this play out at least into the end of 2018. I think the mania has died down but the amount of development and integration has been kicked into overdrive and this asset class is not going away anytime soon.

renovator and mmm....shiney! like this.
  19. ego2spare

ego2spare Well-Known Member

CRYPTOCURRENCIES are “pump-and-dump” schemes being promoted by “scamsters”, according to the real-life Wolf of Wall Street who made his money swindling investors in pump-and-dump schemes.

In an interview with The Street, Jordan Belfort predicted the crypto craze would come to a bad end and millennial investors would be “left holding the bag”. “They’re all [pump-and-dump schemes],” he said.

“At this point in time the money’s been made in bitcoin already. If you’re in the crypto game right now and you’re looking to make money — the guys that are really committing the fraud — the only way to do it is, you need to issue a new currency at the bottom and ride it up.”

He told The Street that the only way to keep issuing new cryptos was to “keep bitcoin up high enough so people still believe in cryptocurrency so they create the illusion of prosperity”. “This is what I did, I’m sad to say, at Stratton,” he said.

“The days of bitcoin making money are over for the scamsters. Where’s it going to be? It’s $US8000, it could go up to $US10,000, down to $US2000, I think it’s going to be zero pretty quickly, but besides that, the only way to make money is to create a new supply of some new cryptocurrency, and then by keeping the old ones high enough people will dump even more money into the new ones and they make their money on that.

“It’s maintaining the illusion of prosperity, not allowing something to go down that should be going down, and by keeping it up they bring more people into the game.”

He predicted that “when that comes out”, regulators would be swift to act. “You see it happening right now, the first step is there’s been a sort of industry-wide co-ordination of all the banks around the world to de-link their system from bitcoin,” Belfort said.

“That’s step one, isolate the virus. Step two is going to be, crush it. And that’s my problem with bitcoin — I don’t think bitcoin itself is a fraud, it never was a fraud, it’s what people do to bitcoin that’s a fraud. It lends itself to being manipulated.”

good article...

http://www.news.com.au/finance/mone...s/news-story/80f292d0a378ac0c79fed84ff64357f2

20. whay

whay Well-Known Member

If he is referring to the currency market, housing market, stocks & bond market. Then he is absolutely correct. Name me one market that is not manipulated by the big banksters. :oops: