Bitcoins last move up ($50K+)

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by tozak, Sep 23, 2017.

1. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

can you see the crash here? lets revisit in 4 weeks time and see.

southerncross and Gullintanni like this.
  2. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

down again.. BUY! BUY! BUY!!!

3. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Down to 9000 now.
    Sell sell sell

4. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm personally pretty torn at the moment. What I mean is, do I want McAfee to be right, or do I want to see him eat his own Dick live on TV ?

Seems to be a whole lot of schadenfreude going on here at the moment and not much regard to the countless claims of BTC's alleged Death in the past, just take a look at dozer's chart above for a minute and Crypto's as a whole over the last twelve months.

A lot of smarter people than all of us seem to have a whole lot invested in Crypto including major Financial institutes. So ask yourself, are you gonna stay with the Herd?

5. reaver

reaver Active Member

6. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

mcafee could be one of the worst things that happened to crypto, i would start suggesting some wine pairings that go with dick....

[​IMG]

Gullintanni and renovator like this.
  7. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

But their crypto will be alright, as it is backed. As for the 1300 others the future doesn’t look bright for 99.9% of them.

Gullintanni likes this.
  8. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

How are we going? March is a week away.

Complete crypto crash 2018? Time will tell but highly (definitely won’t) unlikely.

Peak above $50K before the end of March? Unlikely (read "next to impossible”), would require a market cap of about USD825 billion, current 24hr trade is about USD8 billion. So we’d be looking at 5x volume of trade that we currently have ie USD40 billion per day, which just happens to be a quarter of the current market cap of BTC turned over each day and somehow, BTC’s price is going to rise during all of that.

USD100K? Well that was contingent upon BTC not crashing. Depends upon what the definition of “crashing” is, but not going to happen by the end of March, if at all this year, a 50% increase each month will see it get there by the end of August though. o_O :D

slavaja likes this.
  9. slavaja

slavaja Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I wonder if there will a consant protest outside his house wanting to see him eat his own dick?

10. tozak

tozak Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yeah this is not the 2018 crash I was talking about, it's just another pullback now, had Bitcoin broken the US$20K mark last year then I believe it would have pushed ahead fast to US$50K+ making it the final leg up and a real crash. Now that this last leg has not occurred we will have to wait for this last push forwards to occur. This pushes out the time-frame however also increases the potential new high coming. I would say price and time wise now it will break US$100K+ by sometime in 2020, however we may not see much more movement in Bitcoin for the next 12 to 18 months. I'm more bullish now than I have been in a long time, long term trend is looking spectacular and I'm already back buying more now. However the short term looks pretty poor, I expect the price to consolidate down around US$4,500-US$5,500 for many many months before heading higher, just compare it to the previous consolidation periods. I believe it's time to dollar cost average in and HODL any current positions. Put your hot wallets to sleep on paper and just wait it out as I don't expect much to happen now for quite some time, but when it does it's going to epic so I consider this the last opportunity to stake a position.

mmm....shiney! and Soprano16 like this.
  11. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not going to to pretend I know when it will exactly moon and how much to, but I do agree completely with everything else you said in terms of using this time to accumulate and HODL. I have no doubt that we are going to experience a massive bull run, but it might take quite some time to occur so I plan on accumulating the 3-5 coins I'm invested in and I'll just keep adding to those bags

I'm sure there are plenty of people/day traders making a killing in this current climate, but I won't pretend to be something I'm not - I know my strengths and weaknesses, and holding is definitely my strategy. I'm in no rush, I'll wait it out as long as necessary because I'm certain my patience and commitment will be rewarded in the future

12. barneyrubble

barneyrubble Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Can find the link to where I saw it, however McAfee has now said he will outsource it, likely to some Thai “ladies”.

This video is an interesting take on Crypto:

In his 2018 predictions at the start of the year, Galloway thought Bitcoin would crash by 50% and probably in Q1. He does though also expect it to rebound.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  13. tozak

tozak Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Calling the bottom;

Well it did get a little lower than my 4.5K-5.5K low prediction in April 2018 but not a great deal. Today however when I checked the charts I noticed a bottom pattern and sure enough it ticked a little higher even just hours later. I feel farily confident now to say the selling phase is over. We will now see the uptrend take over again, the big momentum however I think will start in Feb/Mar this year and continue into the start of 2020. Still expecting it to reach 100K+ this year or next in a spectacular bubble top. If this next swing up considers with liquidity injections from Central Banks then even 100K may be only the start of the next peak. At some point during this next leg up I also expect the BTC dominance to go ballistic as it finally breaks away from the alt coins. While the alts will likely outperform Bitcoin at the beginning Bitcoin will scream ahead at the end as it becomes the only one to get adopted into mainstream finance. Fun times ahead!

14. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

Just woke up from my dream (nightmare), say it isn't so. LOLOL.

samoth25 and Oddjob like this.
  15. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

Say it isn't so MAMA Puhleeeeeeaaze.
    BITCOIN DOWN 12.38 P.C..jpg

Jason1 and 66rounds like this.
  16. Number 47

Number 47 Well-Known Member

JOHNLGALT and 66rounds like this.
  17. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Say it with me:
    No
    Intrinsic
    Value

JOHNLGALT likes this.
  18. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Tulip Mania is definitely what caused that huge record craziness last year, there was allot of people who lost allot of money, while some made money allot more lost money.
    You never hear about those who lost everything On what people call a sure thing, if you believed all those who hype it up, because the hype machine ignores that, aparently no one has ever lost any money on bitcoin even when you see those massive swings. lol.

Its whole principle is worked on Hype, which is what Tulip mania is.

the worst part about this sort of trading is, Its extremely easy for the big players to manipulate.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    66rounds likes this.
  19. shinymetal

shinymetal Well-Known Member

I agree, but with the wild moves, if you play it right you could easily double your money and get twice as much silver!! :D

66rounds likes this.
  20. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Nothing has intrinsic value. All value is assigned by individuals because of a good's innate qualities.