Perth Mint developing their own cryptocurrency

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by whinfell, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I know what you mean, that once I send money from a wallet, that person can check to see exactly what is in “that” wallet. But if i have multiple wallets, ie personal private wallets and a few public wallets which does all the trades, than what I have is at least hidden to a certain extent.

For example, if one had 20BTC in the wallet, mutually decide to trade $1k usd for .1btc, i give my bank details for the deposit .... now they know my name, plus they might have my address, for other trades. Than that person knows i have 19.9btc. where I live etc etc.

Where as having multiple wallets, one can at a basic level add additional layer by for forwarding from private wallets to public wallet exactly .1 btc the reciver casually looking will see what ever you decide to leave in the public wallet.

Of course it’s not fallible as reciver can browse to your main wallet but with just four wallets it’s a little more random and deter the casual curious counter part.

2. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yeah M8 exactly, but what you can do also is to (It might cost a few Bucks but what the hell) send Eth to Shapeshift and swap it for BTC or LTC, BCH whatever then get that sent to a new wallet or an old one or whatever for the trade you want to transact, IE Tumble it through the Shapeshift exchange, you can even do it a few times if you like with different Crypto's. Shapeshift gathers a bunch of transactions and bundles them altogether so it is like a bunch of spaghetti and then places each bit here or there. Not infallible at all but a new wallet at the end that go's elsewhere and which is anonymous and can't be associated with an identity could be pretty close to anonymous until cash out time.....or further maybe....

3. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

4. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Yep and no. From a currency perspective it is solid. From a crypto perspective it’s almost as much an abhorrence as Ripple. :D

5. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

its much worse than ripple, its a gold tether.

southerncross and leo25 like this.