Ripple

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by Phiber, Dec 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Alt coins to watch 2018

2. mmm....shiney!

^ This is an example of The fallacious reasoning of some ripple haters.

If you think I’ve been carrying the ripple torch then you have comprehension issues willrocks.

3. jerrygold

jerrygold Active Member Silver Stacker

It will be interesting to watch what they will do with that. I've paid tax on every cent I've cashed into AUD so I won't get in trouble for anything. If your tax statements don't match what you actually cash out, and its a lot, they will get you eventually no doubt.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  4. jerrygold

I think you misunderstood. With Bitcoin you can hold them and the no government has any idea (if done properly) whose bitcoins they are. Other cryptos are even better on this front (monero, etc).

With ripple it will be that the government knows you own Ripple and then see what you are doing with it (like current banking network). So this is why it is shit in my mind. They are regulating themselves so they can align with existing dinosaur money and dinosaur systems - something you see as an advantage in your diversification. I have no problem with Ripple doing this or people making money off ripple because of this. But I will never say Ripple is good just like I won't say banks (as they exist today) are good. I think this is why certain people have their tails up in this thread because you are acting pro bank and pro ripple which goes against some peoples values here. I don't think you should be surprised that people think opposite to you on this as this is a metals forum.

willrocks and mmm....shiney! like this.
  5. mmm....shiney!

Libertarianism is a political philosophy, not an economic philosophy. It has a position on how power should be wielded and it should be wielded in a voluntary manner. That also means that if someone chooses to voluntarily live under a monarchical or communist society then there would be no objection to that within a libertarian framework despite the obvious stupidity of wanting to live under such a system. If someone chooses to voluntarily engage with the mainstream banking industry then that is also fine.

If you want to debate the merits of a banking system you don't talk about libertarianism, you turn your attention to an economic theory such as Austrian economics, or a even something like a political/economic framework such as anarcho-capitalism. If you're looking to libertarianism for the answers to our crony capitalist problems and you want answers beyond the misuse of power you're not looking in the right direction.

My advice is to start here: https://freedom-school.com/money/how-an-economy-grows.pdf

I'm assuming you don't get paid in cash or bank deposit, don't have any credit cards, bank debt or deposit cash into your crypto accounts, and when you do cash out cryptos you cash them for good not dirty stinking fiat? :rolleyes:

6. mmm....shiney!

They are deliberately misrepresenting Libertarianism in an attempt to discredit my position. Libertarianism is a way of thinking based around what is considered the appropriate use of force. That's all it is. Banking, fiat currency, the transfer of wealth via inflation etc are all economic issues, anyone who wants to debate the merits of XRP within an economic theory, be it Keyenesian, Austrian Economics, Chicago etc is more than welcome to have a go.

I won't hold my breath waiting though.

7. jerrygold

Yeah the problem with labels (like libertarianism) is they can mean different things to different people and general consensus may be impossible to achieve.... not that it stops people arguing over it.

Not everyone will fault you for making money with bullshit systems that are corrupt or have other problems. But you did choose to provide some pro bank and pro ripple theme that I think is going to get you a bit of heat regardless of labels. I've yet to see a cohesive argument why the current banking system is anything but fucked. And our government is fueled by a central banking system that is run and owned by mainly non Australians.

8. mmm....shiney!

The two invariably go hand in hand. Libertarianism though is about the appropriate use of force, banking is an economic issue, therefore Libertarianism has no position on banking. As I said Libertarians have preferred economic models, but your accusation that buying XRP is in conflict with Libertarian principles is not correct.

In many cases that is true. But my decision to buy XRP is entirely voluntary, no one is forcing me against my will, and I’m not forcing anyone to do the same therefore it does not breach any Libertarian codes.

You have misrepresented Libertarianism. The issue of pacifism has been dealt with countless times before on this forum. The repeated assertion (not necessarily by you, just in general) that Libertarianism is pacifist is exceedingly tedious. As is the assertion that it is right wing.

There you go. Bank accounts are a basic necessity, credit cards on the other hand are an entirely voluntary good, one we could live without, it’d be a PITA, but it would be possible. You enter into a credit card agreement in order to enhance value. I buy XRP in order to enhance value. Yours and my use of credit cards and bank accounts, even as a necessity and minimally does not contribute to the political or economic repression of any body else in the same way my use of a car does not contribute to road deaths or my sexual attraction to members of the opposite sex I contributes to the rape of women.

XRP flag waving time: my purchase of XRP probably does contribute to enhancing the speed of bank transactions. Just as your use of credit cards contributes to banking profits that allow them to purchase Ripple protocols.

9. mmm....shiney!

I’m not so upset about banks as others because the fault is with our political system in the first place, as I’ve said before, I like banks. One reason I like them is because they are private organisations. I trust private organisations more than government.

10. mmm....shiney!

Now you’re just playing semantics as you introduce a red herring.

11. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It is a theory centred around what constitutes the appropriate use of power, namely, the non-aggression principle. Don't take my stuff, don't do bad things to other people. Don't coerce others in order to achieve your goals. That's it in a nutshell. Nothing more. Now most libertarians do have a position on what is the best way to go about achieving these outcomes in an economic system, but you have to look further than libertarianism to find these ideas. Furthermore, as an anarcho-capitalist, I'm a huge fan of privatisation - this includes the provision of private currencies. The more the merrier! There you go, something else for you to look into. :p

First off shiney, I really like you. You do ramble on incessantly at times and have a convoluted way of saying very simple things, but overall in my opinion you are one of the good guys.

"The appropriate use of power", just for a minute consider those five words that you wrote shiney. Then consider what else you wrote : "namely, the non-aggression principle. Don't take my stuff, don't do bad things to other people. Don't coerce others in order to achieve your goals. That's it in a nutshell. Nothing more." As a description of the Theory of Libertarianism right ?

Now I follow a lot, if not all of those Ideals, the main one being don't fuck with me and I wont fuck with you.

My Man, have you had even a cursory look at what Banks actually do to people ? It is a direct result of their insidious abuse of power that "Private" banks have on the political reality we now live in, that every transaction we ever make in public life is recorded and filed away for further use. They have deliberately shaped current economic policy so that there is no other way to survive other than to abide by their rules. Surely you, once upon a time used to receive Cash in a pay packet rather than it being sent straight to your bank account as a bunch of 1's and 0's right ? How many people reading ever go to their bank and withdraw their weekly or Biweekly earnings in cash any more ? Nearly every transaction is recorded and recorded and timestamped via a card, and even your FlyBuys are sold off to an advertising company revealing which sort of pet food you feed your pets,the food you eat, the detergent you use and which sort of Tampon or Pad your wife uses each month.

Have you paid much attention to Rural Australians and "the appropriate use of Power" the Banks use on them? Calling in loans while they have never missed a re payment ever , but deeming them to be in default due to the fucking weather ?

Have you considered the obscene power that Banks wield in the political sphere just in this country alone ? A bunch of conglomerate organisations that suck Multi Billions of dollars from the average Aussie overall each year in the name of share prices while they pay Multi Million dollar bonus' to their Gangsters in Charge ? Dictate Govt policy and decide what interest rates Pensioners will receive on their life long savings ?

Sure, you are free to decide to put your money wherever the hell you like, as it is totally your choice.

But in future please refrain from repeating any of the above mentioned quotes I have posted of yours because they will just seem very hollow coming from you in the future.

You can justify it any way you like, but it would seem to me at least that you have sold all that you stood for for a measly profit and have sided with the antithesis of your own ideology.

Vexxing87 likes this.
  12. mmm....shiney!

@SX, I started to respond to you, but couldn't be bothered in the end. I don't care what you think or believe.

Gullintanni likes this.
  13. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

This has played out almost identical to Chaincoin.
    Phiber gave us all the heads up early and for those of you that got in and out you will be smiling all the way to the bank.
    I missed this one but not chain.
    Awaiting to hear you next big suggestion Phiber (prophet) and ill make sure i jump in and not leave it to late like did with this one.

14. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

classic pump and dump, hopefully not too many baghodlers.

15. mmm....shiney!

Still showing good profit even while holding.

16. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

its halved in value in a day, up there with dentacoin that was invented to pay dentists.....

17. mmm....shiney!

Lol, thanks for your concern about the status of my portfolio. ;)

18. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

I missed this earlier when the thread was started and have commented on that, i missed earlier today when it hit $0.90USD so instead of continuing to be a moron i have grabbed 2500 @$1.08

justin536 likes this.
  19. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Holy Shit! That has to be a first.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  20. mmm....shiney!

Up 43.97% in the last 24 hours, do you have a particular price at which you’ll take your profits?

Mind you Dozerz’ Dentacoin is up over 93%!!

Gullintanni likes this.