Is NGC First day issue 2018 silver panda coin really differ with other 2018 NGC label

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by andrewlee10, Dec 8, 2017.

1. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Is NGC First day issue 2018 really differ with other 2018 NGC label

There are many discussions and arguments on this matter long time ago.

I will show you the differences in video of the visual differences of the 2018 NGC MS70 first day issues silver panda coin and NGC first release in video soon. Just believe your eyes and no need to argue again.

2. andrewlee10

sneak peep of the photo before the real video public at my utube.

The left is First day issue which is first batch of minting coins with stringer strike vs First release with weaker strike.

The First day issue can identify and visually see the panda fur and eyebrow clearly vs First release. This is due to strong and weak striking during wear and tear in minting the coins.

On top of it 2018 differences is so clear is due to patented technology was used in minting this coin which call presenting high relief effect on flat surface object by Cheng Chao and Nanjing Mint. You do not need a magnifying glass to see the differences as comparing to earlier years panda coin of First day issue and first release.

upload_2017-12-8_15-48-42.png

JNS likes this.
  3. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Excellent comparison. This was very helpful. Thank you.

4. andrewlee10

Here the video.

2018 silver panda coin NGC first day issue ms70 is NOT sale gimmick. Trust you eyes and see it. It is clear evidence visually which do not need a microscopy . Less than 1300 graded as MS70 for first day issue by NGC. This is significant lesser as comparing to 2017 & 2016 first day issue and xx of 30,000 first minted. So it is rare. This the reason panda america sell it at 199 for MS70 and sold out within days. NOT ask me for it which I sold off left one for my collection. My last transaction which was sold at USD95 at ebay before panda america releasing for sell.

I have 2 MS69 left to sell for very high premium. You can eyes on it.

upload_2017-12-9_16-54-6.png

in middle First release and left & right is First day issue.

5. Bobbie

Bobbie New Member

Fgggg

6. Bobbie

Bobbie New Member

Andy, thanks for sharing this information. In the past I never thought there was any significant difference between first day issue and early release other than label. This video changes the way I think. Obviously a difference in 2018. I will be curious to find out there is a difference with the gold first day of issue.

7. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The detail looks very nice, I will get one for my collection.

8. andrewlee10

I have the 2018 first day issue gold panda on my way soon. However, I cannot be sure the visual with bare eyes. Gold panda diameter is smaller than silver panda.

However, you can identify by microscope.

9. andrewlee10

First day issue are very hard to obtain at this moment. You can eye on First release which I still have 10 pieces.

10. andrewlee10

More samples of first days issue and first release 2018 silver panda coins. I likely to buy some bullion panda 2018 coins from Singapore, china and America to make a video for comparison. Will people spend the money to do it and prove it ? Not be NATO no action talk only.

11. andrewlee10

Part 2 first release can have first day issue effect if you are lucky. 1500 graded as first day in 2018 as Ngc censure few weeks ago vs more than 30,000 graded in 2017. Thus the 1600 - xxxx minted might grade by dealers as first release with strong strike and might be some in omp. However, it depending on your luck and no record and no one know the number of 2018 panda coins got stronger strike. As when changing new working minting dies which striking coin will be in stronger strike condition. You might get a stronger strike which is not first day issue but it highly depending on luck. I get few stronger strike in first release out of many from different dealers in china. If you want stronger strike either pay it or wait for luck.

12. andrewlee10

2018 Panda coins promotion video from China sharing

13. andrewlee10

2018 panda coin 30 g silver.

Here the 4 pieces of First day Issue Panda white encap from China, 4 pieces of First day issue Panda Black encap of Cheng Choa signature from USA sponsor & First Release of CGIC subsidiary with no grading result with Cheng Choa Chinese signature.

The sell channels of China coin are :-
    1. Firstly to China appointed distributors and appointed Bank of CGIC
    2. After fulfilling the local market it will give overseas appointed distributor and banks except those special order like First day and 1 of XXX first strike which MCM order specially from them.

Due to the above distribution system which China market will get first hand coin with better strike except the special order as mentioned. I took this video to show it by real coins. 1 day issue from China strongest strike follow by 1 day issue of USA and CGIC First release and than First release of China.