What's the future of silver look like to you?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Coins A-Z, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Coins A-Z

Coins A-Z Active Member

In the US....

premiums are extremely low for many silver bullion coins and generic bars and rounds - apparently there's a great surplus of silver on the market....

US Mint sales of bullion ASE's is sluggish this year....

lots of silver stackers are taking their money into cryptos....

GSR appears to be poised from hereonin above 70....

long time silver bulls like Andy Hoffman are extremely sour on silver and have apparently sold all their silver....

silver hasn't been used as money in the U.S. for decades and looks like there will never be a return to a silver backed US currency....

What's the future of silver look like to you?

What's your game play?

2. Coins A-Z

Coins A-Z Active Member

3. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Very poor. Gold has a much brighter future. I don't see the GSR reversing.
    I'm not buying any more silver (unless it really plummets).

Coins A-Z likes this.
  4. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

5. Topherclaus

Topherclaus Active Member

The moment that the loudest voices join the Average Joe in condemning something always seems to be the turning point to the upside.

I don't really think that silver is going to return as a monetary backing any time soon, but I do think it will hold its position as sister metal to gold; albeit, the more volatile of the 2.

I still see silver having the largest upside in the medium-long term and I'm holding the majority of my PMs assuming as much. I can't really see a downside risk. Silver can't really dive too much lower, except to clean up the oversupply; it can't really be mined too much lower per oz and world trade still appears to be heading lower I think, meaning lower base metal output and therefore lower silver output.

Not especially bullish but I see it as a good place to be.

norman_h, MattH and Coins A-Z like this.
  6. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Flat line.

Coins A-Z likes this.
  7. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

^^ THIS ... no matter what the trading figures, supply, output and mining costs are ...

8. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

To me it’s holding steady at around $17, I believe most people are jumping out of the precious metal life boats at their own peril, I think it’s calm down because our nation is anticipating a “great” or “beneficial” tax reform situation to occur this anticipation is stirring the paper markets to rally, however this anticipation and stock rally will shift drastically if this new tax reform isn’t all that great, and like tides in the ocean the money will start to trickle or run back to precious metals.

So, I think silver is still ripening on the vine, if this tax stuff doesn’t happen or if it’s not so great silver is going to look a lot more shiny tomorrow than it does today.

Jean Pierre and Coins A-Z like this.
  9. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

However, silver will probably go up (in AUD) if/when the AUD drops to around 0.55 USD as many analysts are predicting for 2019.

ArcticSilver and Coins A-Z like this.
  10. systematic

The USD is such a blatantly corrupt currency ...

Alfie, willrocks and Coins A-Z like this.
  11. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My best friend walks into his bedroom after work to find his wife naked in bed.
    He looks around the room and sees my toes peeking out from under the curtains.
    He pulls back the curtains and shouts, "what are you doing here?"
    "Everybody has to be somewhere!"

Gullintanni, silvstack and boneyard like this.
  12. Coins A-Z

Coins A-Z Active Member

Ah, spoken like a true contrarian! I like your style....short and to the point.

ozcopper likes this.
  13. sammy

sammy Active Member Silver Stacker

I loved silver when everyone else loved it too ... luckily I can’t say the same things by about my wife.

Dynoman and Coins A-Z like this.
  14. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

The western world pension crisis is soon going to become apparent. The western world banking crisis is soon going to become apparent. The western world debt crisis is soon going to become apparent.
    I doubt silver will ever be money in my lifetime but the time is approaching when it will rise because of turmoil and shattered confidence. Of course all investments will probably rise...gold, oil, paintings, stamps......there is one for you ....stamps.....and you think silver stackers have been waiting a long time for their investment to rise substantially. I remember my fathers 1971 christmas panel of 25 stamps being worth nearly $400 in the early 80's....now you can get it for about a quarter of that.

Coins A-Z likes this.
  15. tolly_67

Yes....inflation. To add to the mix, increased risk is going to drive interest rates higher very quickly. Countries will go bust in the blink off an eye and the ensuing bond collapse will send the dow over 40,000, the u.s. dollar index over 160 and (finally) gold over the 2000 mark rising quickly.

Coins A-Z likes this.
  16. systematic

All good in theory but the system is rigged and they report whatever numbers they like ... and the public can't prove a thing ...

Coins A-Z and m3sca1 like this.
  17. tolly_67

Yes, the system can be rigged.....for a time....the distortion simply compounds the problem. It is inevitable. It is unavoidable. The reaction to the action. Everything returns to its balance point.
    Things are going to get very, very bad. Worse than we could possibly imagine.

18. systematic

Maybe .... but financial problems can be papered over and the sleeping snoring public may grumble a bit ... unless something happens that makes a substantial material difference things will grind along as usual ... a natural disaster for example would need to be dealt with ... fudging a spot price apparently is no big deal ... even though it should be a serious matter ... how much an apathetic degraded society will tolerate is anyone's guess ...

Cabinet leaking a criminal offence: Bishop
    "Deputy Liberal leader Julie Bishop says a "strong message" needs to be sent to whoever is leaking cabinet material, reminding them that it's a criminal offence."
    "Media reports emerged this week suggesting division in cabinet over a banking royal commission, which the Turnbull government has been fervently against."

read more at: http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...p/news-story/abdc05c20aee03e7b1225fb1b9bd4a56

That government should be sacked ... and that minister should be investigated and charged with fraud ... as it seems she thinks concealing information from the public should be the norm ...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    Coins A-Z likes this.
  19. tolly_67

When a nation goes to the market and cannot sell its bonds, then it is clear it is all over for them. The big money will punish them immediately. Central banks can 'buy' the debt but they are simply accepting I.O.U.'s that will never be paid. The currency will be smashed. Inflation, high interest rates and turmoil will follow.
    Ultimately, market forces will always prevail regardless of government interference. Just look at the U.S.S.R., they had the ultimate in government control of all money and information but the result was the same. It just took a lot longer.

Coins A-Z likes this.
  20. systematic

People need to realise that there is no Santa Claus or Easter Bunny ... and the financial system is the greatest scam on earth ...

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    Coins A-Z and Pendragon like this.