Garden Panda #2 Yuyuan.

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by barsenault, Aug 9, 2017.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Happy to announce #2 Garden Panda: Yuyuan Garden. The first has been a huge success. #2 promises to be as good, if not better. Should be same price, same mintage, although the antique silver will mostly likely be increased to 99, and there may be a surprise size (large size). Will keep you posted.

The round pictures are posted for you to see beautiful details. Hand Carved, oil mold, to clay mold, to steel mold, and then finished product - just what the Chinese love. Lots of focus on detail.

Attached Files:

Coins A-Z likes this.
  2. barsenault

These should be ready to ship sometime in September. I'll be sending out an email too.

Coins A-Z likes this.
  3. barsenault

Attached Files:

Coins A-Z likes this.
  4. barsenault

There will also be a 300g Antique Silver (mintage 59) and Proof Silver (mintage 19). Price TBD.

Coins A-Z likes this.
  5. barsenault

Coins A-Z likes this.
  6. barsenault

No computers used on the Garden Pandas. All hand made and hand carved using gypsum molds. Don’t let fake news distract from the minting process used for the garden pandas. These are hand carved, and NOT computer simulated to look perfect.

7. barsenault

I borrowed these words from Numistacker, since he did a good explaining the Garden Panda Series. And #2 specifically.

"I thought I would update you on the progress of the Panda Garden series. It is being minted by XSJ Mint and the #2 medal looks to have pretty much sold out. MCM have now placed an order for 10 sets of the medal. The first one in the series (there will be 6 gardens) sold out. Mintage was 99 for each except the Silver Antique which had 59.

The second has 99 of each in a uniform way. 99 is low enough in any case and not much difference between 59 and 99. The medals have found buyers even in a time that the Panda medal market is saturated with many pre-order buyers trying to find buyers to flip their pre-orders onto at a higher price.

The medals have been sponsored by Lucky and pricing of the pre-orders has been low enough to allow secondary buyers to stand a good chance to resell at a profit. i think this is very important and from talking to local pre-order buyers is the single reason for the recent confidence issues among buyers.

Sponsors need to understand that they need to price low enough to allow secondary and even tertiary buyers the chance to exit and not lose money. This requires careful focus on pricing and to avoid the need to price so that there is no potential resale profit going forward. Pre-order buyers are taking a risk and this confidence needs to be rewarded by sponsors.

A measure of secondary pricing levels is ebay auctions and a number of ebay auctions have closed below the pre-sale cost price for many medals. This has opened the eyes of buyers who are now looking critically at the levels of pre-order pricing asked in the market."

Attached Files:

8. barsenault

Garden 2 Panda Video.

9. numistacker

numistacker Member

The Scallop format it really nice and the panda design is good. I think that Lucky will do even better with #3. I am glad that they all have a uniform mintage on this one as it means everyone can have all 6 varieties if they want. There are no hidden varieties only available on a nod and a wink like the show pandas. These are very for the people.

10. numistacker

numistacker Member

Just got my delivery of garden pandas.
    Here is the video of #2 Yu Garden and this also covers the #1 medal too.

11. barsenault

Glad I have mine. They are beautiful. Thanks for sharing all the details around the garden. helpful