New! Heart Shaped Pandas from the China Mint

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by Pandacollector, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Pandacollector

Pandacollector Active Member

[​IMG]

Valentine Panda Highlights

• Official China government heart-shaped Panda with certificate of authenticity

• Beautiful design by famous Shenyang mint artist Chang Huan

• Mintage of only 300 (fewer than that available)

• Contains one troy oz. .999 silver

• Official Government Shenyang Mint product

• Introductory Offer (subject to change): $125.00 per Valentine Panda

• Discount for China Pricepedia subscribers

Available now. For more details see http://www.pandacollector.com/valentine-pandas-2017.html

Best wishes,
    Peter Anthony
    China Pricepedia
    The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
    www.pandacollector.com

Mention Silver Stackers and get a free Panda a gift added to your order.

andrewlee10 and Stark like this.
  2. sgcoins

sgcoins Member

Hi Peter, I would love to buy this new panda medal. But why are the shipping costs $66 to the Netherlands?

3. Pandacollector

It will cost that much to ship with tracking, unfortunately. I wish there was a cheaper method. I am unhappy about it, too.

Best wishes,
    Peter Anthony
    China Pricepedia
    www.pandacollector.com

4. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Very nice looking medal. Chang Huan is indeed very talented!

Regarding the shipping costs. I think this is because FedEx is used, which is very fast (depends on the shipping service of course), has tracking, and it's secure (at least I didn't have any problems so far). I guess it comes with insurance? On the other hand it's quite expensive.

There are also alternative options. You can use one of the shipment redirecting services. Obtaining address in the US and setting up an account is piece of cake and free with most of the providers. Fees they charge are not so big (depends on the service provider). I used this option 2 times in the past and never had any problems. They shipped items to me from the US very fast after payment was made. First time in like less than 15 minutes. And you can choose from various shipping options. Actually I'm sorry I didn't use it before in some cases, especially when you have limited shipping options (or zero options).
    If you need more info you can PM me. Don't want that somebody accuses me of making advertisements here, although I don't care.

5. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes it work out well if you buy xx amount and quantity through the year.

6. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Initially, I do not like this design at first look.

I like it after I break the design da vinci code. There are 2 fishes and panda. On top of it, there are 1 butterfly if you look at the coin at far distance. This means 3 designs in one coin. It is interesting in coin collection and sharing.

Peter,

Please tell us more of the design concept and original of the story. Has you guys really have the above three design in one coin as I mentioned or I just so coincide to imagine and get this ? ;)

Stark likes this.
  7. Pandacollector

Final four ungraded 2018 Valentine Pandas for sale. Thanks to everyone.

Best wishes,
    Peter Anthony
    China Pricepedia
    www.pandacollector.com

Stark likes this.
  8. Pandacollector

I really don't know what Ms. Chang Huan had in mind in regard to this. She showed me drawings of two possible designs and I liked this one better. There was some discussion about adding gold plating to the moon. It looked really cool, but it was finally decided that would resemble the sun too much. There is much interpretation left to the creativity of the engraver, a truly under-appreciated job.

Normally there would be another approval stage of a plaster. However, the Shenyang Mint was swamped with official projects (I was very fortunate they could get this one and the Hong Kong Coin Show Panda done) and I have complete confidence in their excellence. So the Valentine Panda was approved from only a drawing and I didn't see the final result until I opened the shipping box. Needless to say, I am very, very happy with the result.

Best wishes,
    Peter Anthony
    China Pricepedia
    www.pandacollector.com

9. sgcoins

sgcoins Member

Why can you not ship them with USPS, for a coin like this registered shipping would not cost more then $20. Fedex is great for expensive items, but for coins/medals less then $150 the cost of shipping is way to much. For the same reason I do not buy any cheaper coins from MCM, for example if I want to buy a NGC MS70 panda 2018 later this year. The will sell this coin for around $50 what I think is a good price, but the shipping costs are $39!! While if you live in the USA the ship the coin for free, even to Hawaï or Alaska (Europe is closer to Florida) I hope some day the will use USPS for cheaper items, until then I will buy them from Asia!!

10. Pandacollector

I looked into this once and rejected it, but I will look again.

Best wishes,
    Peter Anthony
    China Pricepedia
    www.pandacollector.com

sgcoins likes this.
  11. Pandacollector

Many thanks to everyone on Silverstackers, as well as new and old China Pricepedia subscribers. Ungraded 2017 Valentine Pandas are sold out. At a later date I will list 50 NGC graded ones to sell.

Please remember to send me an email about getting a free gift with your order (if you ordered). I think you will like it.

Best wishes,
    Peter Anthony
    China Pricepedia
    www.pandacollector.com

Stark likes this.
  12. Stark

Even for smaller quantities you can save a lot of money. I spend/waste quite some money on eBay. Some time ago eBay introduced Global Shipping Program. It's probably nice for sellers, but kills all flexibility for buyers. Customs fees are automatically charged, and they use courier services for most of the stuff. At the end you always pay quite a lot even for items that are not worth much.

I'm glad you posted this. I overlooked butterfly and fishes. And I have quite an eye for the details. :) Maybe I'm just starring into monitor too much time.

Woow, that went fast!:O :) And not many posts here, so I thought maybe people won't be so fast.
    When will be graded ones listed, this month or later?:)

13. Pandacollector

Whenever they come back...

Best wishes,
    Peter Anthony
    China Pricepedia
    www.pandacollector.com

Stark likes this.
  14. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

What did you expect? Of course they'd sell fast. We're talking Peter Anthony here.

15. perfulator

perfulator Member

Of course everyone know Peter, but in this case the medal sold itself by excellent design.

16. barsenault

But of course Peter's input and name behind the series means a lot, along with an excellent design. But then again, you would know that, yes? After all, you tout designers left and right with the series you help Andy create, yes? Surely there must be reason why you mention designers names? Perhpas to assign more perceived value to the medal? Lol

17. perfulator

perfulator Member

Is this the best you could do? You still sound like a sour man....

18. barsenault

Lol. um, I'm not sour in the least, it was you who felt compelled to respond to my comment about Peter Anthony. It appears that you are the one who is sour. I've moved on, and doing quite well, thank you very much. What other designs are you and Andy coming out with? Ooops, I mean, non fiat coin designs, sorry. LMAO. Any more Pandas with tails? Perhaps you two need to take lessons from Peter (his designer) on what a great design should look like, yes? Lol.

19. Stark

True. But first medal (although it had far higher mintage) needed much more time. Graded version were still available until recently.

And there were basically 0 posts about the newest medal here (people are not much active here anyway) and on CCF.

It seems that people didn't bother with writing something, but rather made purchase fast. :)

20. barsenault

Indeed Stark. I bought them fast. I love these bad boys. I sent both of the first ones in, and they both scored a 70, sold one and bought another graded one from Peter with his signature PF69...happy. Thanks Peter!! :)