What to expect post SegWit activation

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by BuggedOut, Aug 22, 2017.

1. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Here are some snips :-

Full commentary posted here :-

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@buggedout/predictions-what-to-expect-post-segwit-activation

2. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nice one, have resteem'd.

Altima and BuggedOut like this.
  3. bking3975

bking3975 Member

I just noticed the hash rate of bitcoin has plummeted and bcash soared. Perhaps a response to cores games of disconnecting sx2 nodes by bitcoin core 0.15.

The miners might make bcash the new king and put bitcoin into a hash rate death spiral.

http://fork.lol/pow/hashrateabs

BuggedOut and southerncross like this.
  4. BuggedOut

Thanks. Have invested a bit into STEEM and going to give it a bit of a crack to see I can get the platform working for me. It's a bit of an experiment....but I guess my entire interest in crypto is an experiment so whats new? :p

I don't think it works that way.

Hash rate to my mind is a function of profitability of mining, which is a function of coin price. These big flucs in difficulty, hash rate and mining profitability is just a control system which is still trying to find it's new equilibrium. At the moment it's swinging back to BCH, but only a week or so ago it was the other way around.

At the end of the day, coin demand and price are the drivers of it all. I don't think there is such a thing as a hash rate death spiral.

5. southerncross

Don't want to come across as a fanboi at all bugged, but the relevance of that post in the Crypto platform you put up there is quite refreshing compared to some of the ego driven follo me follo me tripe, which is served up there on Steemit on a daily or even hourly basis just looking for $ instead of contributing to peoples knowledge.
    It's the sort of info that a lot of people are looking for and will follow.
    hyphenated from here on SS is another that should follow your lead there on steemit as well , some very technical crypto savvy that could also be shared to educate and enhance the knowledge of a whole new hoard of people looking to get on board crypto's at this point in time.

I had a heap of help in my first venture's into crypto's nearly four years back, nearly all , if not all of it was from people here on SS walking me through each and every step of it, wallets, mining, trading, exchanges, mining, mining, mining, the rest came from half arsed you tube vid's and deciphering what I could garner from bits and pieces of other information provided on specific websites.

In return I have helped a heap of people get started with crypto's, and I really enjoy doing so as well. I've stacked Gold and Silver for many years now and only ever seen a loss in return (whenever I chose to sell that is).
    Crypto's on the other hand have seen explosive results in day's, week's, and month's, some have seen explosive losses as well though too, and instead of 100-2-3-1000 % gains, you end up with SFA as a result and lose half your Fiat.. If you sell at that point in time.

But when you bought Silver at $35-38 an Oz back then , how does it compare to the $ 21.5 on offer right now ? Here's a few comparisons just over the last month.

10 oz of Ag a month ago could of bought you nearly 5 K worth of Binance coin right now for $200 worth of Silver back then. 10 Oz of Ag could of bought you over $900 worth of Neo just a month back, 10 Oz of Ag of Tenx could have you over $800.00 today. 10 oz of Ag is still worth just over $210 right now.

Any one of these three crypto's could go way higher over the next twelve months, off into the hundreds even. where will Silver be then ?

BuggedOut and Gullintanni like this.
  6. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

Hey Southerncross i have liked your above comment but i must also add that silver has been around and used in society for thousands of years so please do not be so quick to write it off for this medium that has only been around for a decade.
    Of course if cryptos of today are still around in 10-20 1000 years then you can consider yourself right, but?

southerncross likes this.
  7. BuggedOut

Always appreciate your comments southerncross. I can see what you mean about the ego driven tripe and the selfish drive for follows and upvotes by many. I am normally quite cynical about human nature so none of that surprises me.

But that said, I do think the design of Steemit is clever in its intent to incentivise collaboration and community building while at the same time serving moderate self interest. There are some benevolent whales who will upvote quality content (if they see it amongst the noise) and there are efforts to counter the rampant self-interest, spammers and plagiarisers. You can't rely on the benevolence of whales long term, but the structures are being put in place to allow the community to self regulate so that's the challenge - to figure out if this thing can be made to work as intended or whether it'll be railroaded and gamed by the selfish. Jury is out so far, but I'm making connections and am optimistic :)

8. southerncross

Hey Gulli, not writing it off at all M8 as I still stack it, but as far as investment go's or even as a store of wealth it has not performed at all over recent years. There might come a day when it does go to da moon, but as with every resource linked to a paper market it gets manipulated. I wasn't really dissing silver, just highlighting the gains that can be made in crypto compared to it.

9. Andy28

Andy28 Well-Known Member

Silver has little to no chance of going to zero in a year though, whereas we can't necessarily say that about many cryptos at the moment.

10. southerncross

Absolutely Andy, but silver also has very little to no chance of going up 500-1000% in a year though either, whereas you can say that about some crypto's.

11. Andy28

Andy28 Well-Known Member

Also true, the classic risk/reward trade off