Who got their Bitcoin Cash ?

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by southerncross, Aug 3, 2017.

1. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I collected mine earlier today with the Electron Wallet.
    Was a bit suss at first about loading it to be honest with all the rumors about it raping your BTC wallets, but a day or so before the fork I loaded my BTC onto an old Electrum wallet I'd had for years to ride out the fork as I knew that you could send your seed or Private key from it to a BCC wallet.

After the fork was over I sent my BTC from my old electrum wallet back to my Exodus one and then gave it another twelve hours or so for things to settle down on the chain and then downloaded the Electron BCC wallet.

It all went smooth as except for it taking a while to sync with the network. The new BCC Electron wallet came through just like an upgrade of the old Electrum Wallet and automatically copied all my old transactions from the old Electrum wallet right down to the transfer out of my BTC from it. Then when it had synced and confirmed all transactions, I was left with the BCC still in there.

Didn't have to do anything except change the BTC to BCC in the currency choice.

Think I will just hold it for now and see how things pan out over the next few months, but I personally think that BCC/BCH has a lot going for it with the extra transaction space/speed available and the lack of SegWit onboard.

If not nothing lost anyways right ?

2. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

3. southerncross

Think about it for a minute at least, Bitcoin without scaling issues, Bitcoin without SegWit. It is the exact same thing as Bitcoin itself, same block history, same protocol just better all over. Unlike QE they can't print anymore after a certain level, that is still set in stone so to speak, the new version just leaves the old one for dead on transaction speed and the Segwit risk.
    You want to compare that to a Fiat Reserved Currency ? LMFAO . Please, just do a little bit of research yourself on BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY , find out what it is, and what it means for your future and that of your children, if you have any or plan to.
    Do you love the banks, the financial industry, the paper markets ? The manipulation of them by those who control them all ?
    Just educate yourself a little about Blockchain, just a little.

4. southerncross

I didn't bother, as long as you have moved your BTC from the holding wallet at the time of the fork or shortly after and don't plan on using the holding wallet you used at the time of that again there should be no risk. I used an updated Electrum wallet from 2014 to hold the BTC for the fork then transferred my BTC out 12 hr's after to an Exodus one. Left the Electrum wallet empty then downloaded the BCC Electron bcc Wallet and it just came through as an upgrade of my Electrum wallet and after syncing showed the BCC still sitting there along with the BTC transfer out. I was expecting to have to load it with the Seed of my old/updated Electrum wallet but it just acted like an update straight up. BTC transferred is still safe in the Exodus wallet, and the old Electrum wallet is still showing as empty, with the new BCC showing on the new Electron Wallet.

5. southerncross

All the while apparently missing the obvious that only one will survive while comparing it all to a fiat scenario though. I know you are not an idiot Oz and I don't treat you as one either, never said you were. But you seem to miss the point that there will only be one survivor here, just as there was with Ethereum pre fork.
    There will only ever be 21 Million Bitcoins, full stop as designed. But which class of those Bitcoins will survive ?
    You equate a fork as a doubling and as such QE of the total currency, when that is just not so. The Blockchain itself will choose the winner, not some abstract manipulation of Banksters, Governments, or Financiers. The longest chain will win out over the long term. And the shorter one will die.
    If you understood Blockchain Technology you would know this, and would not have made your above comment with regards to QE.

6. STC

STC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Oh, my bcc is down 44%.. only 0.2 Btc invested to see how it's going.

Southerncross- you say only one will win. Ballpark timeframe?

7. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

too early to call and many issues with the bcc hashrate https://pool.viabtc.com/pool/bcc/state/

wait and see what happens with the price when deposits are allowed on exchanges, most likely in a week's time.

STC likes this.
  8. SilverDJ

Actually, I believe it's the miners who will ultimately control who will win. So maybe just replacing one bunch of masters for another?

9. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

Well this is all pretty interesting.
    I guess you could say that bitcoin has effectively increased in value by $500 odd .
    Has anyone traded BCC yet?

10. hyphenated

hyphenated Active Member

I'm taking the long road - the BitcoinABC wallet with added 130G blockchain. Not altogether sure about the Electron Cash wallet - I found the note in the Electrum site to be a little sobering - https://electrum.org/bcc2.txt - and anyone who signs himself Jonald Fyookball is deserving of caution -

upload_2017-8-4_14-22-40.png

11. hyphenated

hyphenated Active Member

I've found a couple of pools for mining BCH. The first is Bitcoin pool, and they are running at 22 Petahash - implying that there is a large chunk of Mining Pool ASICs already aimed at BTH. This compares with 85Ph/s out of out of 6200 Ph/s globally for BCC. The other one is Suprnova, and just to show how disorganised this have gotten, they call it BCC not BCH. http://bcc.suprnova.cc/

Check out their stats:
    upload_2017-8-4_16-21-13.png

The only suggestion I have heard is that as the blockchain started off as a clone of Bitcoin, it will take a couple of weeks for difficulty to drop from the stratosphere.

The *really* interesting thing is that this pool is plugging in GPU and CPU miners (huh?) - either implying that the ASIC pools are not going to be interested and the difficulty will drop, os something outside my ken.

12. SilverDJ

Seems that most people and places are still calling it BCC?

13. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

Are we wrong to use BCC?

14. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

because difficulty will drop with each block mined instead of rise, its the reverse of bitcoin. it will do whatever its chinese masters in their data centers tell it to do :)

15. enzedda

enzedda Member

Best to follow whatever the exchange you're using that allocates the abbreviation to it, otherwise it will just cause confusion.

Gullintanni likes this.
  16. SilverDJ

Trezor are now recommending you claim your BCH and move it to another wallet:
    Quote:
    Update, August 3rd, 20:12
    UTCBitcoin Cash/Bcash (BCH) Wallet is back online in TREZOR Beta Wallet.Claim BCH tool was also brought back online.While we managed to bring the server back online, we cannot guarantee its stability yet. Therefore, we recommend you to send your BCH coins to a third-party wallet, such as an exchange.If you have not claimed your BCH yet, you may claim them directly to a third-party wallet.We will continue working on the backend, to improve its stability. This situation does not affect backend of any other coins supported by TREZOR Wallet.We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience.
    /quote

What wallet should I use?

17. hyphenated

hyphenated Active Member

Well, Bitcoin ABC should be the lowest common denominator, but you have to spare a *large* chunk of HD (perhaps 140G) and have enough bandwidth and time to wait out the bitchain load. FYI (and your mileage may vary) I downloaded the package, set it running downloading, then hid the download screen and encrypted the wallet, then opened the console and entered the decryption command and then uploaded the keys from my Bitcoin wallets. Each one took around fifteen minutes to scan, and during that time it's easy to miss the small activity window. In other words, be patient until the console comes back with a 'Null'. I also pulled off a receive address.

Unless I've totally screwed up, this means that I can direct Bitcoin cash to the wallet, despite the wallet still having another day or so to download the blockchain. What I cannot do is transfer out of the wallet.

18. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Why do you think only one will survive? Ethereum classic is still going. Also litecoin is still going.

19. southerncross

At what, a tenth of the value for ETH classic ? Litecoin is a separate currency and has already upgraded with a lot of new features that BTC itself is just trying to integrate now, so is a separate issue, but just look at what happened when the mainstream community adopted ETH over ETC . 8th of Aug will see SegWit introduced but there is no guarantee that x2 will take place at all yet, and in any case that is not scheduled to happen till later in the year also and SegWit also has a lot of people opposed with the risk's involved with the validation of transactions. Litecoin so far has not had any issues with it but it would only take one dispute with a large $ value transaction to happen for the whole protocol to unravel really.
    BCC, BCH call it what you will for now, has solved scaleability, speed of transactions and done it without SegWit. It might well have some teething problems and heap of volatility to start with, but all it is basically is an improved Bitcoin.

Bitcoin has seemingly been unable to solve all it's internal political issues about how to move forward and as of now doesn't look any closer to doing it either, and really the every day person couldn't give two fucks about it all either. They just want something that works, is safe and is fast to use.

SegWit is being sold as a remedy for Bitcoin for these problems, but in reality it has taken years just to get to this step and there is still no actual solution to transaction speed and also quite a bit of risk with the offered solution. BCC/BCH has nailed it already without the attached risk.

Whether it see's mainstream adoption is another matter yet, but if the political turmoil already evident between the opposing sides in Bitcoin Classic continue to impede the evolution of the currency then I can see more and more people just moving over to BCC/BCH where such issues and slow transaction times are no longer an issue.

20. hyphenated

hyphenated Active Member