You are a prophet.

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Beforethefall, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Beforethefall

Beforethefall New Member

What does the future hold? Will the economies of the world collapse? What will silver and gold be worth? What happens? Timelines etc. Put on the tinfoil and have fun. Go

2. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So long as chiko rolls and passiona make it out the other side, I'm pretty confident the world will continue to prosper

3. Beforethefall

Beforethefall New Member

I had to look up chiko rolls and passiona on google. Looks good from the pictures.

4. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

passiona?
    [​IMG] or [​IMG]

I thought they canned passiona after all those hillbillies went blind at the drags :p

5. Caput Lupinum

I stand by my choice of passionfruit flavoured carbonated beverages

6. Eruaran

Eruaran Member

+1 for Passiona. :)

7. Clawhammer

I've never seen a can/bottle of passiona in my life. Everyone I've met who has called it that has had a tin of pasito in their hand. Do they still make it...or is it a 'southern' (South of Queensland) thing?

8. Clawhammer

I prophesise that things will keep grinding on, albeit a lot slower than now.
    The economies that should've gone titsup in the recessions of the 70's..then 80's then 90's then 2008 will keep grinding on.

Lots of sabre rattling and 'police conflicts' between nations. Inflation will soar to "YEN" like proportions where Mcdonalds workers rake in over $1M/year, but it takes $3,700 to fill the tank of your car (yes we'll still be driving them then)

But before anything really changes, I'll die an old man on my hoverbed in the Kevin Rudd Memorial Hospital in the suburb of "New-Abbott" a satellite city between the multifunctionpolis that Sydney-Melbourne will merge into.

That's all as long as I don't drop the vial of Zombie Virus doomsday weapon I'm working on in my kitchen

9. Beforethefall

Beforethefall New Member

We should have hover tech by now. Must be harder to invent then the movies let on.

10. Eruaran

Eruaran Member

Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future...

11. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

5-10 Years: No new major developments unless you consider more invasions and war "new" major developments. Investors have seen at least 1 QE taper in the US in this time frame and perhaps precious metals trend up again. BRICS nations will have made at least 1 attempt at a competing reserve global currency but it won't fare well the first time around.

10-20 Years: Economies around the globe struggle but very few disastrously. A competing global reserve currency finally becomes a reality. Lab meat becomes commercially viable and embraced by the general public. Lots of resources (land, water, energy) once consumed by the ag industries for conventional meat production will be freed. Efficiency of feeding a growing population gets very, very good, increasing populations. US addiction to foreign oil continues but competition ramps up as other nations continue to industrialize at a faster pace.

20-40 Years: Closer to 40 years, solar power becomes a viable alternative energy source for home heating use in some countries even possibly the US but US continues to control major oil spigots in the Middle East though full spectrum military dominance because it is still worth the investment (to the gov't handlers) of lives and resources to maintain control as it is still the favored resource for energy amongst the major developed countries. Damage to the ozone layer continues.

40-100 Years: World population in about 85 years has nearly doubled since 2013 and very serious problems in the ozone layer creates global panic.

...to be continued

12. goanna

goanna Member Silver Stacker

One day, we will all be dead.

13. Scyb

Scyb Member Silver Stacker

^ Our silver and gold wont be though :D

14. 10ozhound

10ozhound Active Member

Nations unite to create three main Global currencies. Two of the three are backed by gold, currency zone 1: $100p/gram & currency zone 2: $1000p/oz but its currency zone 3 that has the rest of the world unsettled, you see the earth no longer rotates around the sun and as a result gravity is weakened.

It's been 15 years since "the drill event" which struck the core of the earth.
    Currency zone 3 (CZ3) is the dark side of the world, without the earths rotation it remains in constant night, because of this continuos blanket of darkness and with loose earth at their feet due to the reduced gravity currency is linked to mushrooms & truffles.
    CZ3 trade trade their gold with the other zones for mushrooms LOTS of mushrooms, the gold is more abundant in CZ3 because naturally it is a lesser desirable place to live therefore the soil is much looser with less development, this causes the gold to settle at the earths centre, deeper underground but more concentrated. Other zones are too top heavy and developed due to higher populations so any deep excavation often creates sinkholes destroying entire sectors.
    CZ3 will hoard so many mushrooms that there will be a shortage of mushrooms in the other zones.
    Cattle and herds don't fare too well with the constant daylight and the demand for meat has pushed prices to unattainable levels for some (3 grams au for a Steak & beer at the Tavern)
    This equation will eventually leave zones 1&2 severely iron deficient leading to the MW (Mushroom Warfare)

That's enough tin hat for now.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

I'll have a crack

Global equities continue to roar upwards, sucking in the masses then boom, big crash and deflation, followed by massive inflation due to the US cranking up the printing press because the US dollar will be fast loosing its reserve status and people look where to park their cash... This lighting a fire cracker up the arse of gold and silver and all commodities and send them to the moon.

US goes to war, rather than accepting its suicidal debt obligations.

After all of this there will be a massive movement against the governments of the world who have ass f**** the general population economically.

All of this could occur in 2 years or 10-20 years. Who knows.

That's just what I'm feeling at the moment, ask me in a month and I may think something different.

NB: In reality, I haven't a turtling clue :/

16. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

Real estate to increase in value until 2019

17. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Short term." Gold will have a nice bounce. ;)

18. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

I predict a mixture of the situations of A) people coming from the future who work for mere cents per day to put the money in the bank so they are in the future become millionaires through compound interest, (South Park) and B) Ripley saves us from an aggressive parasitic species of aliens.

19. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

2Tim 3:1-7

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

I predict this... its already started

20. Caput Lupinum

By agressive parasitic species of aliens, do you mean bankers or politicans?