World Gold Council data

Discussion in 'Gold' started by Pirocco, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

For some years, I got supply/demand data there, simply along a registration - no paying required.
    Now when trying to login I get a "CSRF2: Security error. The action you have requested is not allowed."
    Luckily, I still found it (and way more than it showed me as logged in before), in google cache http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...t-fy-2016-statistics.xlsx&gbv=1&hl=nl&ct=clnk
    What surprised me: it shows the consumer demand separately for alot worlds countries.
    So apparently, import from / export to, or dealer buy / sales for those countries, get reported.
    It just shows, how aware the top level chain is of what speculators (I assume that's what they mean with 'consumers") do.
    Anyone else here also registered at gold.org & encountered that login error?

2. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Each country I presume has an association that reports, question is how accurate is it.

3. bron.suchecki

bron.suchecki Well-Known Member

On WGC demand reports, "consumers" does not refer to speculator, it means average people buying jewellery, gold bars etc, that is end consumption demand. I think Koos Jansen has demonstrated with the WGC's China figures that WGC does not include all investment/speculation, particularly institutional types (eg hedge funds etc). Their demand data is incomplete.