webber wave pools

Discussion in 'Other Investments' started by boneyard, Jul 12, 2013.

1. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So, this is happening. Give us the deets. What's changed since we last spoke?

Well, right now we're looking at two different pool sizes either a 160 x 90 metre pool, which will make 1.6 metre waves, or a 200 x 100 metre pool that'll make two metre waves. The main difference is price, which the developer is gunna have to decide. Anyone would want the larger pool, though because it's longer, it creates these curved ends which will in turn create an entire new set of waves (half the size), which means there'll be an additional 500 waves per hour (that totals in 1000 waves per hour). So we create a left and a right and each time the hull moves around the end of the pool, it starts up on the other side on the ends, it'll be much softer, and more of a freesurfing, free-for-all where softboards and bodyboards can go.

You had said a few months ago the average ride was 15 seconds still the same?

The rides could be longer in the 200-metre pool. But the thing is, the whole drive system has now evolved to the point that each hull is independent of the other hulls. This is the key change in the past six months. So instead of having the hulls connected to a drive system, they're now remotely controlled. This means that we can make different sized waves at the same time, all around the pool.

Read more................

http://surfinglife.com.au/news/sl-news/12003-welcome-to-the-future

[​IMG]

2. noah

noah Member

Latest proposed sketch is looking good.

Whats the go with the wrist band technology that is being introduced for surfing patrons?

Will it really tailor an individual wave to your specific needs within all the possible wave parameters the pool can generate?

The circular pool seems the go and the idea of the perimeter dampening to absorb wave refraction will give very clean barrels.

Also like the simultaneous generation of right and lefts both in their own patch of clean water.

Full moon surfs can now be had with the knowledge that all lower extremities definately wont be on the menu.

Great to see that you had the foresight to get 'on board' with Greg Webber and invest in this outstanding aquatic project.

3. boneyard

Got on board with Greg about 40 years ago.

To get it from his mind into the place it is now has been a loooooooong fun journey.

For me it is more about seeing it come mainstream than monetary.

To have a dream come true is reward enough.

The $$$$$ are the iceing on the cake

I will enjoy eating my slice........

4. noah

noah Member

Hey boneyard how does one get a guernsey to opening day? :p

I feel the need...I feel the need...for a webber sonic pocket rocket coming on.

5. boneyard

Ok folks,
    A couple of members have sent me messages in regards to putting some $$$ into WWP.

I think I should share my reply with you all.

Howdy,

Greg said to me about a year ago.

t's going to go nuts & soon".'

That statement was good enough for me.

He never quoted me 30-50 times, I would be happy with 10 times my $10k.

Greg's design has it all over wavegarden or any other player due to WAVE RATE PER HOUR.

When I got my share, I opened a family trust and bought it in the trusts name as this will be as common around the world as a household brand.

As I said to ****, DYODD.

WWP does not have any large expenses, just sells the licence to use his IP patent.

His licence is something along the lines of franchise a geographical area per licence.

I am not telling anyone to do what I did, just putting it out there as something for people to look at.

Read between the lines of the links of his latest post to webber wave pools on facebook. or the latest link it one of the posts above.

I know who & why he will be going to the US to see, but he has told me to zip my lip.

He has also just patented something that I know nothing about, but am looking forward to finding out about.

There is no rush or deadline to get on board, as this is not even day one of what is in store for the next decade at least.

Just DYODD and DO NOT take the advice of some one on an internet forum.

Do not invest what you can not afford to loose, but saying that, I did take out a $10k loan to get on board.

I have paid the loan back within a year, by selling s"some" silver and just hard knuckle payment plan.

Greg has 2-3 companies that he will sell shares in.

I think he still is selling shares in LIQUID TIME, which has the IP patent to the movement of the water, called KELVIN technique.

The he has 2 WWP companies, one a Pty. Ltd. registered in Australia and the other one is a LLC registered in USA.( The share I own is in the USA company, which the parent company LIQUID TIME issued 50 licences to be sold in mainland USA and WWP USA issued 1000 shares @ $10k each)

WWP USA can WILL sell the 50 licences in the USA for $1 million each PLUS 5% of ticket sLes . Royalty.

So the shareholders who own the 1000 shares in WWP USA get to share in the licence income & ticket sales.

He can start up any number of WWP companies around the world and have any amount of shares and share holders he want to put out.

Not 100% sure of the last line above, but DYODD and contact the company and get somethings in writing from them.

Anyway, that is my take on the company structure, but ONCE AGAIN......DYODD and contact the company and read up all you can on the the different types of wave pools around, how they generate the different types of waves and the patents that hold the IP.

One other bit of advice.............

Do this by yourself, do not go in with friends or family members.

good way to loose friends and family, but do talk it out with other like minded folk.

I have lost 2.5k 25 years to something my oldest brother said would get me a hacienda in Mexico & a villa in Spain.

The company was called SPLIT CYCLE TECHNOLOGY

About 10years ago I lost $12.5 k to a company that had a cleaning technology called DYNAMIC CLEANING TECHNOLOGY that got the product to production with a multinational company making the machine that just went ahead and made the product and said to the inventor, "So sue us for it".

Anyway, it has been good for me to type this out as it helps me spell out the pros and cons of the business world.

Maybe that is why I hold most of my savings in Gold and Silver.

Cheers

6. boneyard

7. boneyard

DID TRY TO UPDATE WITH NEW INFO.

sorry, but maybe just strart with post 1
    page 1.

no great new info, but finger on the pulse sort of of stuff.
    Bit hard to hit rightbuttons on ipad.
    th entire story timelime is fun..

8. boneyard

Not about pools , but a bit of a visit to the wayback machine.......................

Kelly Slater and Greg Webber: Back to the 90s rocker ships

Twenty years ago Greg Webber was one of the world's best shapers. His revolutionary work with concave and rocker found tremendous expression under the feet of his top rider, Dee Why's Shane Herring. Over in the US, Al Merrick was exploring similar, though less extreme, concepts using Kelly Slater as his pilot. During the early 90s the two young surfers duelled, propelling the New School of surfing forward.

The rear view mirror of history shows that events didn't play out as exactly as planned, and the thin, heavily rockered design didn't endure. In more recent years Kelly Slater and Greg Webber have again been in opposing design camps, each pushing their vision for wave pools. Considering the history their relationship would seem to be one of permanent adversaries, except that Kelly Slater recently made an unexpected call to Greg Webber...

Swellnet: Was it a surprise to get a call from Kelly Slater?
    Greg Webber: Yep!

He was ordering boards. How many boards did he ask for?
    Greg Webber: Two boards, a 5'11" and a 6'1".

Was there anything unusual in terms of their features or dimensions?
    He saw the video of Shane Herring on a banana board and emailed me about the turns that Shane was doing. In fact he said it was the best carve surfing he's seen in the last 22 years. The video was shot by my brother Monty in 1992. [Ed's note: see the video at end of this article]

And do you know how the boards performed for him?
    He wrote to me yesterday and said he's doing turns that he hasn't done before. So that's promising, as long as they are not rail bogs! He said some pretty good stuff but it's up to him to mention it publicly.

Do you think he may ride them in competition? Obviously not the next comp, being Pipeline, but thereafter.
    Actually he said he wants to get a 6'8" for Pipe.

So you may shape some more for him?
    Yeah he's wanting to get more and develop the design further. It's great that he has the guts to really dive in deep with design, very few competitive surfers ever do that. We're also working on some flexing fins that I've sent him that go well with all the curve.

In recent years you've been in opposing wave pool camps. Does this devlopment mean the hatchet is buried?
    Who knows mate.

Watch this space for more news. Meanwhile, here's Monty Webber's video of Shane Herring.

http://www.swellnet.com/news/design...-slater-and-greg-webber-back-90s-rocker-ships

20 years ago..................

9. petey

petey Active Member Silver Stacker

Any progress on the "resort" developments boneyard? As the plutonomy class get richer you'd think there's a growing market for ridiculously high end resorts..

10. boneyard

No "COMPOUND" built yet.

Just the one pool in QLD to start.

[​IMG]

But someone somewhere will do it one day,

Massive block of land needed ( large footprint)

And then to deal with government planners............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. boneyard

12. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

Article disappeared ^^^^^

13. boneyard

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Surfing in the city: Melbourne CBD wave pool floated

Floating off the end of Docklands' Central Pier, the facility would also include a deep sandy beach, deck, lawn area and large beach pool.

Designers say the size of the artificial waves could be adjusted, from a small swell ideal for beginners, up to a five-foot wave for experienced surfers who could ride the 30-metre-wide breaker for 160 metres.
    Global engineering and design firm Arup is leading the proposal, after being approached with the idea by Melbourne architect Damian Rogers. Although still in its early stages, the venture is getting those in the industry "very excited".
    Surfing Victoria chief executive Max Wells said that during the past decade he had been presented with "ambitious" plans for wave pools. This was the first time he has been convinced it could work.
    "The reason for that is they've got the right location and the indication that it will be available to them," Mr Wells says.
    "The fact it's 100 metres from a tram line and from Spencer Street [train] station is pretty amazing.
    "I can imagine having surfers in suits heading for an after-work session and kids coming to Docklands carrying surfboards on Melbourne's trains and trams."
    Surfing Victoria is also backing the park as a future venue for high-level professional surfing competitions.
    Europe is set to get its first commercial "inland surfing destination" when a wave lagoon in Snowdonia, Wales, is finished next year. A demonstration facility is already operating at the bottom of a valley in northern Spain.
    Arup urban and transport planner Phil Carter said Melbourne's surf park was likely to be a world first because it would be floated in the harbour.
    Mr Carter expects the facility to cost more than $8 million.
    The company is seeking funding from developers or potential operators of the facility, rather than the government. But Melbourne City Council and Places Victoria would have to approve construction.
    Both organisations have already met with the proponent. A council spokeswoman said it was "an interesting concept" if private funding were available, though it was yet to officially back the project.
    It is understood previous floating-pool ideas spruiked to council have failed to get off the ground.
    The Docklands surf park would include a 50-metre strip of retail space for businesses such as a surf shop hidden underneath a grass mound.
    Surfers would be charged an entrance fee but access to the beach and extended deck will be free to the public. Mr Carter said that a similar wave pool in the UK charged 10 to 20, or up to $37. Melbourne's ticket prices would be determined by a future operator.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/s...ol-floated-20141109-11itpe.html#ixzz3IbmPwK3r

14. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Better thing to have than the stupid wheel

15. noah

noah Member

Does this Docklands proposal show a north south alignment?

16. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Is that thing running yet or is it still busted?

17. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:lol:
    Don't know :| I don't hang out in that part of the world , too windy

18. boneyard

http://pdonline.sunshinecoast.qld.g...nmaster/default.aspx?page=wrapper&key=1501906

FYI.

The pool in QLD.

check the link above to see how many government boxes need to be ticked and how many paper hoops need to be jumped.

It seems all the boxes have been ticked.

If you want to open one of the ticked boxes, then click on the box for a download of government paperwork in action please do.

comments on how much paperwork is needed even before the first sod of dirt is dug???

19. boneyard

Sunshine council says AOK.

Time to turn the first sod.

Only took them SEVEN months to decide!!!!

http://pdonline.sunshinecoast.qld.g...nmaster/default.aspx?page=wrapper&key=1501906

Description Decision Actioned Date
    PROPERLY MADE? Yes 14/07/2014
    External Referrals Required 16/07/2014
    Concurrence Agency - DSDIP X 4 1 Referral 16/07/2014
    1st Concurrence Information Request ExtnReq 13/08/2014
    1st Concurrence Information Request Requested 26/08/2014
    1st Concurrence Response Completed 08/12/2014
    Advice Agency Not Reqd 16/07/2014
    Third Party Advice Referrals Not Reqd 16/07/2014
    ACKNOWLEDGEMENT NOTICE Notice 16/07/2014
    Date of Acknowledgement Notice Complete 24/07/2014
    ASSESSMENT Info Reqd 23/07/2014
    Information Request Sent 23/07/2014
    RESPONSE TO INFORMATION REQUEST Received 14/10/2014
    NOTIFICATION Yes 15/10/2014
    Notification lapsed No 15/10/2014
    Start date of notification Completed 16/10/2014
    End date of notification Completed 27/11/2014
    NOTICE OF COMPLIANCE Received 01/12/2014
    DECISION STAGE Commenced 09/12/2014
    DECISION DATE Extension 12/01/2015
    Extended Decision Date Complete 29/01/2015
    Decision Notice PrelimApp 29/01/2015
    Decision Notice Sent YesPlanAmd 03/02/2015
    Are the amended plans acceptable?
    Applicants response to Decision Represent 20/02/2015
    Negotiated Decision Notice
    Negotiated Decision Notice Sent

20. noah

noah Member

Hey boneyard any updates, are you close to "shovel ready"?

Looking forward to surfing this mechanical beast. :p