Troy Resources (TRY)

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by finicky, Dec 3, 2013.

1. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Directors buying. Not what you call token amounts either. Can't see encouragement in the chart yet. I think from memory Ken K. Nilsson is the guru hands-on guy who gets their mines built from scratch?

Name of Director: David R Dix
    Date of change: 2 December 2013
    Number acquired: 50,000
    Value/Consideration : $54,953.03
    Nature of change : On market purchase

Name of Director: Ken K. Nilsson
    Date of change: 29 November 2013
    Number acquired: 45,000
    Value/Consideration Note: $45,349.01
    Nature of change : On market trade

2. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Did it hold above $1?
    Its been pretty resilient (although maybe that's because its been unnoticed)

I made money off the arbitrage between the takeover company and troys share price a while back.

3. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Directors keep on buying and the price keeps on dropping.

If they can ever repeat the profit of a couple of years ago they are selling for a PE < 3

4. finicky

Directors were buying Codan (CDA) too. Before it crashed.

5. finicky

Troy Resources (TRY) + 45% in 1 month

[​IMG]

6. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Chart is for NST - wrong thread ?

7. finicky

Just pondering - BDR or TRY?
    Or neither for that matter.

Troy Resources has the lower market cap, the lower issuance of shares, lower debt ($31m at 31 Dec 2013), has the history of some earnings success and payment of dividends. Troy had a placement and SPP in Feb/Mar at higher price than today (Cap raising @ $1.25) A director of TRY who has actively traded (i.e sold) shares of his own company (TRY) to non insider participants of the ASX (that is us) in the past has bought 50,000 shares in Troy, Mar 13, @ $1.36 (C.R. Parish)
    Beadell seems to have the more dramatic near term potential, low cost, and has a bigger following.

Troy (TRY) back down not far off GFC lows and long term Qtrly chart suggests closer to resolution?

DECADE QUARTERLY TRY - EACH BAR IS 3 MONTHS
    [​IMG]

8. BiGs

BiGs Active Member

[​IMG]

Look at BDR resistance since the 2011 gold high. Gold drops like 40% and they have held a sideways movement since. Very compelling. I've added them to my watchlist and will look into them further when I have some time. They are 500 mil cap too, 2.5x TRY.

Never buy a downward stock and never buy into a miner when the underlying commodity is downward.

9. NlightN

NlightN Member Silver Stacker

Averaged down at .815 today, couldnt help myself. Have an average cost of 1.04 now.

10. bellinvest

bellinvest New Member

I thought i would bring TRY back to thread life - Karouni 'The New Frontier'

Having acquired their Guyana green stones operations they are going from strength to strength exploring and converting results into a low-cost mining operation from several close deposits.

Quick project facts;

A$100M Debt Facility Package with Investec Bank
    Tranche A - A$70M - immediately available;
    Tranche B - A$30M - subject to development milestones.
    Site preparation work ongoing incl. accommodation village, processing plant, work shop, airstrip etc.
    All mobile equipment now on site or in country (about 90% complete).
    Project remains on track for first production before the end of Q2 2015.
    Brownfields exploration program commenced August 2014 (Plenty of fault zones in the main corridor near this processing operation = potential for more high grade/low cost deposits = increasing life of operation).

Feasibility Study;

Three year Open Pit mine life with annual average gold production of 101,000oz. (I think this will extend out)
    Conventional CIL plant and gravity gold circuit treating a nominal 1Mtpa.
    Ore tonnes sourced: Smarts - 68% (1,774kt @ 4.7g/t) and Hicks - 32% (840kt @ 2.02g/t).
    Metallurgical recovery: 94%.
    AISC of ~ US$630/oz.
    After tax payback of 1.2 years.
    After tax IRR of 50.2%.
    Build cost ~ US$70M. Sustaining capital and capital spares over the life of mine of US$6.4M.

The business is forecasting to be producing >200,000 oz @ an average cash cost of between $600-650/oz in 2017. With very interesting Greenfields holdings in Guyana (their Eastern block is virgin ground).

Downside risks;

Weather (excessive rain in the operating region)
    Political risks

Share Price $0.57 (52 week high of $1.53 and low of $0.36)
    Market Cap $114M
    Cash $20M
    Current PE 11.04

TRY + BDR are my favorite (only) South American plays! DYOR

11. SweetBread

SweetBread Member

MVP medical developments international.

They produce an anaesthetic called Penthrox which is used by emergency services for trauma patients, its inhaled through a device called "green whistle",pending approval in U.K April, I think it looks promising
    Check it out and let me know what you think.

12. bellinvest

bellinvest New Member

TRY has been trucking ahead nicely like a lot of Aussie Goldies!

Having bottomed in the region of $0.19... they have begun production of their Guyana mine. It appears that due to insufficient drilling of the ore body, their is actually a N/S trend together with the originally planned ore! This has resulted in them pulled out 4X the gold from initial open pits against the original modelling. Higher grade... more tonnage.

Both the Smarts and Hick pits are showing sign of this... which is very exciting to increase the LOM! Their original plan was for 4-5 years of open cut then going under ground. I suspect this will increase when they have the opportunity to further drill the deposit over the coming quarters, which will potentially provide some huge uplift to their fundamentals as we turn the corner in this bull market!

I also hope they keep their Casposo Silver/Gold mine running... it will be a cash cow in 1-2 years on wards when the world economy really starts to fall apart and people move to the metals and other tangible assets as a hedge against government and banker stupidity.

DYOR

13. bellinvest

bellinvest New Member

TRY up 8.57%... 10% yesterday.

The have effectively doubled since the low of $0.19/share on the back of the above!

Projects to make $80-$90m with current productions and current prices... with a Market Cap of about $110m they appear to still be incredibly undervalued.

14. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have a friend with the name TROY.

He "plays" the stock market.

I will see what he thinks.

Thanks for the post.

15. finicky

Looks again like bigger picture Ingredients could be there. This time monthly: the monthly volume of feb looks to be the strongest in the stocks history, and Feb's not over yet. Mind you on a low share price, so dollar volume would look different.
    Candle for Feb so far is a strong positive candle after a couple of indecisive small bodied candles.
    Might be a slower recovery compared to its own in the Gfc. There could be a lot of nervous people holding this stock - imagining.
    Is not trending yet. Has not formed a higher low or a higher low. Previous medium term high is about 41c. Needs to confirm above that and stay above 20c on any pullback. Is at overbought momentum level on the daily chart, and getting thrre on the weekly momentum.
    Should go well today with rise in gold price overnight, but failing company specific news, might react to any faltering in gold price? Any monthly considerations are including an incomplete month of Feb - jmo

16. bellinvest

bellinvest New Member

TRY is now up to $0.64/share which has been a spectacular move since they bottomed several months ago in the region of $0.19/share.

They have managed to offload/get free carried on their Casposo Mine in Argentina which should provide some decent returns over the next few years. The main focus is now their Guyana mine which is proving to be one really decent gold mine.

They Quarterly results are out in a few weeks which should provide some light as how the mine has been performing now that the ramp up post commissioning is complete.

Note: The previous 2 months saw the highest volume of stock traded in the company's history.

DYOR.

17. bellinvest

bellinvest New Member

TRY closed today nearing $0.69/share... quite an amazing turn around in Q1. Some goldies have ran well in Q1...

Quarterly report is due last next week which will hopefully reveal some seriously positive production rates at their recently commissioned/ramped up Guyana mine. Going by recent reports, their ore grade should be higher g/t (positive reconciliation) coupled with solid milling rates will bring AISC to between USD$500-$550/ounce.

DYOR

18. kramer

kramer Member

Big positive announcement came out just now for troy.. Buying opportunity there to get onto one of the lowest cost gold producers.. Just throwing it out there.
    Disclosure: im holding.

19. bellinvest

bellinvest New Member

Not exactly a big announcement as they have touched on the points within their Quarterly Report published last week. So today was no market shaker... just a more detailed 2 page report on the debt restructure which is nice. Will ease the pressure nicely.

Troy need to prove themselves with 25,000oz production from Guyana/Quarter @ AISC USD$550/oz as they have always mentioned... this is what the shareholders expect. Anything less and prices could be impacted...

Positive mine reconciliation, full production capacity @ AISC USD$550/oz, and positive drill results could drive the stock quite well in the coming years.

I don't believe gold will go much higher until 2017/2018 when the people of the world finally wake up to the Government System as they know it... then the fuse will lit... and all bets will be off as we head through USD$2,000/oz. Will be an exciting time indeed... TRY should do very well.

Just need to be patient.

DYOR

20. bellinvest

bellinvest New Member

I wasn't patient and sold TRY in several parcels over the past month from $0.655 down to $0.605 (today) for a very healthy 100-125% profit since the beginning of this year. Nice and easy 1 bagger.

Still undervalued on all metrics/comparisons and a good solid stock... i just saw more opportunity in the lithium space and diversified my position a touch. Gold will also correct through the later half of this year IMO before things heat up next year.

Cheers,
    B