The TRump card, cause for concern or chill

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by House of Commons, Mar 5, 2017.

1. House of Commons

House of Commons New Member

So I am freezing up hear in Ottawa -20c, we have a new PM aka Justin Trudeau (known him for 10 yrs) and we have a new Pres to the South, I think his name is Trump? The NYSE is at a all time new high. I have no idea where things are going. Justin Trudeau is bad for business in Canada, he is a friend but has to worry less about hugs and kisses and start selling Canada. There is renewed talk of an Anglosphere with UK, NZ, Aus, and Canada. I had this conversation with Nigel Farage over cigarettes 5 yrs ago (I don't smoke but I hate crowds).
    My point is does Trump bring stability? Will the world hedge their bets with PMs and who is up for an anglosphere?

I will bring up the anglosphere in a new thread.

2. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As long as Canada has ties and follows the American line, don't think Canadians have much to worry about.

It's not like Canada has a say in International politics, likely on par with Australia in international standing.

And preparations for war is good for big parts of smart economy.

In any case other than Russia, I would have thought Canadians had the best artic fighting force.

Individuals should hedge, as for countries how and why would they do that?

If you were French after World War Two, life went on, some won some lost (economically)
    If you were East German after WWII, life wasn't so rosy.

What individual hedge would you propose?

3. House of Commons

House of Commons New Member

I see a cooling between Russia and the USA, Trump is being pressured to deliver a tough anti Russian message because the war machine needs legitimising, god forbid Russia wasn't an enemy. People worry that Trump is pro War, pro nuclear age... I disagree, a man who fusses over steak, wine, cheese and interior design doesn't crave a nuclear war... I think. A buy America approach and trade negotiations will bolster a US $$ . That's not good for us. If I had the cash I would buy now my gut say the US dollar will be bolstered by their Fed and a return to domestic manufacturing. China is the unpredictable factor in this.

4. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The only thing Trump and Trudeau have in common is the first three letters in their surname.

Trudeau is a far left nutcase looking to wreck Canada with freeloader Islamic bs refugees and Trump is the opposite of that.

5. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The US war machine has co-opted Trump. Clinton would have been at war by now, but where there's a will there's a way. The warmongers have isolated any Trump-Putin dialogue with this current misinformation and so their delayed plans can continue.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQm8L8d8uDc[/youtube]

Zhirinovsky is the founder and leader of Russia's Liberal Democratic Party and a vice chairman of the Russian parliament. In a confrontation with the editor of a German newspaper, Zhirinovsky tells him that German troops again on Russia's border will provoke a preventive strike after which nothing will remain of German and NATO troops. "The more NATO soldiers in your territory, the faster you are going to die. To the last man. Remove NATO from your territory!"

(Via ZH)