Talks fail - strike to continue but Pt price does not react ?

Discussion in 'Platinum' started by Ronnie 666, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

http://www.silverdoctors.com/rick-r...-the-dollar-will-drive-people-to-gold-silver/

According to Rick Rule who has just returned from South Africa, he estimates the South African PGM mine production will fall 30% based on increased wages and thus closure of less profitable shafts. About 30,000-40,000 of SA PGM miners will be retrenched. Thus, he prefers PGM to Au and Ag going forward, as production of PGM falls.

2. screaming eagle

screaming eagle Active Member Silver Stacker

Ronnie, low Platinum prices continue to survive geopolitical tension in the second largest producer and survived production stoppages in the largest producer to end at almost a 5yr low. I think the biggest influence on price will be investors going back to PMs, caused by a significant financial event. Supply issues simply don't seem to be enough to cause any significant change upwards to Pt prices. I took your advise to think things through a bit further and have so far come to the conclusion that the only certainty is that now is a better time to buy than any other in the last 5yrs if you want to own some Pt, that doesn't necessarily mean it's the best time to invest in Pt though-it could even fall below Au again.