Sorry Perma-Bulls..............

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SilverSale, Jul 21, 2016.

1. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nice simple chart - picture paints a thousand words. :)

In my opinion, the 'most likely' projection of where silver is heading.. ie much lower. If the chart changes dramatically (ie heads north above US$21) I'll change my view.
    Some food for thought for the holder & hoper type. (not mentioning any names :D )

Do your own research- I'm not a financial adviser.

[​IMG]

2. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

I would say you are right on the money this time.
    I did post a similar thought some weeks ago when the price spiked up and the bulls come out.
    Im of the view that we are going to see 2008 play out again.
    By this i mean we have the spike and then a BIG BIG pullback and then we will be upto the $40s again when all the real brexit damage becomes visible.

3. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You guys are so jaded, only silverstackers can look at a chart going upwards and then extrapolate it to go in the opposite direction.

4. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The problem with forecasting is that as stackers we are riding the roller coaster and can't see too much ahead.

At the moment, stocks are trending up, USD is trending up, and PMs are trending down. i.e. The Reserve 1, Stackeratti 0. I'm sure the RBA will drop interest rates next month which will mean a spot rise in Aussie terms, but the long term trend depends on a number of factors. Who would've thunk that the Turkey Coup could be so quickly neutered? Next key indicator may be the Italian Bank Bail in/out.

Meanwhile, stay calm and keep stacking.

5. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Upsetting the perma's already.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

6. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Oh hey, Silversale came out!

7. monopolize

monopolize Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Don't think anyone is getting upset. Everyone have their own opinions be it up, down , or don't know. Which is completely fine, that's why there are markets.

Tell you what , I will buy your whole silver stack at $10 an oz, so you can buy it all back at $5. Deal?

8. monopolize

monopolize Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Would that be a contrarian indicator?

9. Jislizard

I will continue to hold, nothing in your analysis gives me any confidence in your ability to predict the price of silver in two years time. Nothing personal, I don't think anyone can predict the future, not even the near future, too many variables and too many unknown events taking place all over the world.

In fact, the only reason I can see for posting this 'info' with that title is because you are bored and want to go trolling.

10. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Matching your humility with my humbleness i feel compelled to say that elliott wave interpretation is even more subjective than any other kind of charting.
    For example why not include the peak of late 2012 to the low of mid 2013 as a wave 3?
    Then the next little abcde wavelets to mid 2014 could make up a corrective wave 4.
    Giving the the final count to the wave 5 low in early 2016 as a completed major down Wave = End of silver bear market

QED

Alternatively, lets just accept the first three red trend lines as they are drawn. Why not interpret as an ABC correction within a secular bull market?

Why no more resorting to a simple downtrend line which petered out in late 2015?

11. Jislizard

12. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Silver to (negative) - $500 ....they will pay you $500 an ounce to take it off their hands. :lol: :D :rolleyes:

13. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

They can only push silver so far down. It is not like a penny stock. It can never go to zero. I don't like to use the world "manipulation" because to me that infers illegality. However, the big dogs can still "move" the price around in any direction they want via the Comex, ETF's and other paper markets. That means up or down, but in either direction there are going to be constraints eventually. Just like when they ran it up to near $50 in 2011 it eventually pooped out.

I can see them pushing it down to the recent lows of last year or maybe a schmidge below that. No way $5 silver in a world with negative interest rates and the QEs going on in the world. Contrary to what some say online, a person can still obtain silver via Comex if they want. At $5 an ounce in this current environment I would think delivery could become an issue. NO mine in the world is profitable at $5 silver - talking primary silver mines.

I would guess $12 to $13 at the lowest and I think that would be a spike down that low- not a long term price level. If they start raising interest rates several percentage points and cutting all the QEs in the world then silver will be dead in the water but I don't think that is going to happen.

I think at some point maybe soon we see a big institution like DB fail or some other large failure and the stock markets will take a big crap and PM's will be pushed down with them, like in 2008.

Just my opinion.

Jim

14. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'll keep stacking thanks. In this world climate I only expect stacking PMs a wise move.

15. Abossy

Abossy Active Member Silver Stacker

I'll keep buying and just use the pull backs as opportunities to add to my stack. I'm still optimistic of higher prices over the next 3 years.

The recent rally shows just how quickly silver can move....and that was without any sort of material event. A real Brexit is still years away.

16. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

Your attitude sucks, has nothing to do with your prediction.
    What do you expect? said it before, you're preaching to the wrong crowd so why bother stirring everyone up? it was childish the first few times, now it's just sad.

You can get a point across without acting like a dickhead, it's really not that difficult.
    Ditch the ego, and start coexisting with the community you crave attention from.

Let me be clear,
    prediction is fine, albeit lacking meat
    sly dig is childish
    Starting a new thread with a provocative title, childish and unnessasary - you have another thread this could have gone in.

But you know that silversale, and we know that you know that and ignore the fact.

17. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

I'll think about buying silver again when it hits AU$22, it think it will test that in the coming months. This recent spike will blow off.

Grr, imgur has changed the interface, now have to click a drop down to get the BBcode link

[​IMG]

18. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Since most holders here are AUD price sensitive - does this 7 year MONTHLY chart look bearish to you?
    Upside breaks of normal volatility range for the first time in 5 years.
    Confirmed break of downtrend line beginning 2011
    Rising volume off low
    Small bodied candles giving way to larger bodied positive candles
    Price gone above two last peaks made in the downtrend

Monthly, physical backed aud silver etf - etpmag
    [​IMG]

ETFS Metal Securities Australia Ltd - ETFS Physical Silver is an open-ended Exchange Traded Commodity, incorporated in Australia and UCITS eligible. It is designed to track the Silver price less fees allowing investors to invest in the precious metals market. It is backed by physical allocated metal bullion which has no credit risk. The security only holds LBMA Good Delivery bars.

19. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

another buying opportunity of a life time is coming again ???

sorry there is no bull here only bears :p

it will be 30 again. from 15... silver has just double

20. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

the bulls coming down the stairs