Provident Metals' New Silver Round

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by jchrisrobledo, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Haha. Silvergoldbull just sent an email saying pretty much the same thing.

Only difference is that they increased the prices after sending out the email. Lol

2. Luker

Luker Member

2 Ounce Ultra High Relief Answers (Privateer and More) (self.Silverbugs)
    submitted 22 hours ago by ProvidentJoeMerrick

http://www.reddit.com/r/Silverbugs/comments/39yurb/2_ounce_ultra_high_relief_answers_privateer_and/

There have been many questions about the two ounce high reliefs and I hope I can answer all your questions in this thread. Q. Is Elemetal Mint making any more P1s? A. No more orders are being taken for P1s, but the mint is still making P1s to fill dealer orders that were taken on Friday 06/12 (the last day the mint accepted dealer orders).

Q. Will Provident have any more P1s than what is in stock here and here? A. No. Once our stock is gone, that's it. No more.

Q. Will other dealers have P1s longer than Provident? A. I'm sure some will. I tried to ensure we'd have at least some available for when P2 came out by placing an order on Friday, but obviously it's an estimate and so I could be off. We thought about placing a large order, but decided that we just want to get to P2 and be well stocked there so we don't have the delays we had with P1.

Q. What is the mintage? A. I haven't done the tally yet, but the total mintage is less than 75k. I'll release the exact number soon.

Q. How many different Privateer issues will there be in the series? A. No definite number of issues in the series yet. We're in the final stages of P2. We're in the early design stages of P3. I am personally hoping to get to at least P5, but no promises; a lot of this series depends on y'alls demand for it. If you hate P2 and P3, that might be it. If you love both, we will likely make a final decision on the number of issues at that time. It's too early with this product (because it's a new product, not just a new design) to make a decision now.

Q. When is P2 coming out? A. July

Q. What is P2 gonna depict? A. I'll leak that information here a few days before its release.

Q. Is there a capsule to fit Privateers? A. We designed it and are hoping for delivery by the end of this week (06/19).

Q. Any other subject matter besides Privateers for 2 ounce UHR? A. Yes. As a matter of fact, one will be released within the next 10 days. Likely others after that. I'll post a photo of it soon. Maybe Wednesday. Not sure.

TLDR: I tried to answer all the questions I've seen about 2 ounce UHRs in this post. If you have any other questions, post away and I'll do my best to answer.

3. picturefun

picturefun Member

Provident Metal now presale BU ATB 5oz Blue Ridge Parkway for $99.45 with check payment, shipping is free, seems a good deal

Edit,
    APMEX is $2 cheaper,

4. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

5. Altima

Only time will tell I guess. The premiums have been rising steadily ever since they introduced it.

6. jchrisrobledo

jchrisrobledo Member

Apparently after doing some searching on the web, there is a Youtuber named Silver Slacker claiming the next coin will be The Grand Canyon.

On another Forum website it is claiming Provident is going to do another coin series called American Landmarks that is going to be in conjunction with the Privateer series. It will also be 2 oz Ultra High Relief Coins.

[​IMG]

As you can see this is the person fro the Reddit forum mentioned above. It has been confirmed that he works at Provident. And he did say there is gonna be a coin released that is like the Privateer (2oz Ultra High Relief) but it will be a separate series. And his response is, "it's gonna be grand." Hahaha a hint? And he said it was deeper than the Privateer?! Imagine that! It would be perfect for the Grand Canyon. It is a huge hole haha.

So, we'll just have to wait and see. I am really excited they are making a series out of the Privateer and are really interested in making more 2 oz UHR. Imagine the Grand Canyon with a similar design? Gosh, that would be AMAZING. The people made it popular, it blew up, so they are making more. I cannot wait for the release of the design; I'm so excited!

7. Luker

Luker Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hhyMTg2QkQ[/youtube]

Cheers,
    Luker

8. jchrisrobledo

jchrisrobledo Member

Thanks Luker for keeping me and maybe others still invested in this thread, up to date.

Does anybody have thoughts on this? I also saw Silver Slackers video comment. It's pretty much the same thing and both YouTubers say the same thing:
    - The mirror finish does kinda surprise me. Not too sure how I feel about it.
    - In that angle you can't really show how much high relief it actually is.
    - I am not too thrilled about the obverse.
    -I am excited to see this go into series but gonna hold out to see how this coin turns out after purchase. I am not too into the design. They could have done so much with the Grand Canyon but we'll have to just wait and see how it looks in person.

9. silver kook

silver kook Active Member

I don't see how that Grand Canyon coin carries on the Privateer series other than that they are both high relief coins? So in essence the Privateer will be a stand alone one off coin?

10. SolidFOOSER

SolidFOOSER Member

The way I read it was the grand canyon is a new series by the same company and the privateer is a different series that they will be releasing the second coin soon

11. Luker

Luker Member

I don't care for the first round of this new UHR series..think I will stick to the Privateer Series...

Cheers,
    Luker

12. silverprepper999

silverprepper999 New Member

Does anybody have a capsule for 2oz privateer round to sell? Thanks!

13. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

The Privateer and American Landmarks rounds are the first rounds each of two distinct series. Though both high relief, clearly each depicts a different subject. Also, both appear to have a different finish. The Privateer round has an ordinary bullion finish, the American Landmarks round appears to have a proof-like finish (mirrored fields) which usually requires additional procedures of minting.

Though both designs appear well executed, since I have limited funds and I have a cartographic background and have always had a love of maps, I am an American, I am a lover of our National Parks and landmarks, and because there is some controversy over whether the depicted scene is actually part of the Grand canyon or not, I am going with the American Landmarks series instead of the Privateer.

14. mmissinglink

15. silverprepper999

silverprepper999 New Member

They do not shipp to Bosnia. Can somebody buy it and send me, will pay via paypal gift... . Thanks.

16. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Member

The relief on the Grand Canyon coin is high enough that 10 don't fit into a regular coin safe tube. They're about 4mm too tall, and if not handled properly, the edges of the rims will take a bit of a beating. Did anybody else that bought these notice this?

17. jchrisrobledo

jchrisrobledo Member

That stinks! I haven't purchased that much to put them in a tube but I guess you're saying they're not very stackable? Provident Metals says that 10 will ship in a tube.. did you get it from there? Maybe they have a special tube for them? They themselves are pretty much guaranteeing that it will fit if they mention it will ship in a tube. If they don't fit properly, that's not right!

Maybe just take one out and put it in an air-tite to hold on to? Haha.

18. mmissinglink

The cap for the tube Provident supplies for the ten pieces of the American Landmarks Grand Canyon round doesn't close 100% as it should, only 99%. So if you order the tube of ten, you will have no problem stacking these tubes.

The American Landmarks Grand Canyon round is fat and formidable...looks really nice like a proof coin. The fields are mirrored and the devices & raised parts look frosted over the mirrored field. The relief is high. A very nice round to add to any stack / collection.

19. Luker

Luker Member

I was under the impression ( from reading a post on another forum, or from listening to a video) that the second of the Privateer Series was meant to be released /announced "soon ". That was June 8th . Anyone hear any updates?

Cheers,
    Luker

20. Altima

Here is what I read on another forum (quoted from Reddit):