Platinum American Eagle question

Discussion in 'Platinum' started by Silverjoe, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Silverjoe

Silverjoe New Member

So I am thinking I would want to get a 1/2 ounce Platinum eagle to add to the stack.. I was looking at JM Bullion, Provident, and APMEX. My question pertains to cost... JM and Provident are selling them at around $620, while I can get it at APMEX for around $590. That is a pretty wide gap in price. The only thing is that from APMEX, for that price they claim it's a random year coin of their choosing. So I'm wondering, is the reason it's so much cheaper is because I'll probably get a coin that looks abused and all scratched up?

Think I'd rather pay the extra 30 bucks for a nice looking coin, opposed to getting some scratched up garbage coin that APMEX is just looking to unload . Anyone have any thoughts on that? Thanks in advance.

2. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I don't think it necessarily means that. Besides, you can contact APMEX to verify whether or not your suspicion is correct.

One thing to always keep in mind is state sales tax and shipping costs....these can add up depending on what and how much you buy. So check to see what state's the dealers add sales tax to your order....if none with any of the dealers then just product cost and shipping to be concerned about.