Muhammad Ali Commemorative Coin Act Introduced

Discussion in 'Numismatics' started by mmissinglink, Jan 23, 2017.

1. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I wonder if racists will also come out of the woodwork to decry this coin legislation:

http://www.coinnews.net/2017/01/20/muhammad-ali-commemorative-coin-act-introduced/

2. radiobirdman

radiobirdman Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A black moslim, who could box a bit

Quick question mr link, are white people the only people that are RACIST

3. sfstacker

sfstacker New Member

[​IMG]

4. radiobirdman

radiobirdman Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well that's the second coin depicting BLACK people that mmising link recons racist's wont buy
    Was just wondering wether BLACK people buy coins depicting WHITE people
    Or are they just as racist as WHITE people
    Isn't everybody a RACIST and A BIGOT
    Because you certainly are, you hate DUMB OLD WHITE (climate deniers) PEOPLE , and that makes you a bigot and a racist IMO
    Or are you just a normal person ?

5. sfstacker

sfstacker New Member

[​IMG]

6. mmissinglink

Wow, sfstacker....you leave me scratching my head.

Are you a racist sfstacker? I'm just curious. It used to be that racism was a thing one would readily wear on their sleeve but increasingly it has become less customary for racists to be proud of their beliefs. Personally, I would prefer that racists wear their racist beliefs on their sleeve....it makes it easier for me to redirect my time and energy elsewhere.

Do you have a disdain for black Muslims? Do you think that a U.S. coin should not be a place where an African American should be depicted? Why?

1. A person can hold a racist attitude no matter what race that person is
    2. The fact that some people, who I am convinced are white, have dissed the 2017 Amer Liberty gold coin based solely on the contention that black/African heritage is not an appropriate race to depict on a coin....clearly smacks of a racist attitude to me
    3. That you seem to be woefully blind to this makes me wonder about you
    4. I am not aware of a black person who has dissed a coin which depicts a white person, but it's certainly possible that there are some blacks who do based solely on the fact that they think the black race is superior to the white
    5. "Racist" and "bigot" are not the same. A racist attitude refers to a person who thinks that some race(s) is(are) inferior to another race.
    6. Not everyone is a racist.
    7. Possibly the vast majority of people have expressed a bigoted attitude at some point
    8. That you may be a climate denier and that I may have disdain for climate deniers is a red herring. And even if it were a valid issue, I see no evidence that all climate deniers are white.
    9. "Normal" means a different thing to different people

7. sfstacker

sfstacker New Member

No, radiobirdman is just trying to start an argument by acting like a troll.

8. mmissinglink

Sorry sfstacker, my previous comments were meant to address radiobirdman's comments.

On a separate note, over the past several days, this forum has been screwed up in the sense that I no longer get reliable indications that someone has added a comment to a thread I've started or commented on. Makes it impossible to know with certainty if there are new comments made by others.

9. mmissinglink

As for the racist attitudes expressed by some people in this forum and other venues, it's a dead giveaway that someone is likely a racist when they make an issue out of the race of a person depicted on a coin when there is no rational or sane reason to do so. That's exactly what's happened with recent/proposed coin releases which just happen to have a black person depicted on the coin.

If it talks like a racist, it's likely a racist.