MMJ Phytotech (ASX:MMJ)

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by smk762, Jan 22, 2015.

1. smk762

smk762 Active Member Silver Stacker

The initial profit taking after that early run was to be expected, but it's now been added to with Ross Smith's antics and the performance shares issue. Relying on future estimates is a bit harder to swallow in this situation, but I still have faith they'll come good eventually. If it hits $0.30 again I'll double down.

2. bellinvest

bellinvest New Member

I wish i jumped on board during the IPO!

The medicinal benefits will no doubt continue to grow around the world as nation-by-nation get on the band wagon. I just read the prospectus and it has some really interesting 'high'...lights throughout. If they can maintain a strong connection with the Hebrew University/Government Organisations etc. they could well be in the right place. Will be interesting if/when they get a good 'crop' growing in Uraguay/CA and turning it into their own range of nasal sprays/tables/patches etc. obvious multiple capital raising's will be along the way.

I will be interested to see how they go about making a profit and how the Board performs! They have A LOT of performance rights @ $0.20 which they will tap for their own medicinal hip pocket benefits.

There are also plenty of Big Pharma companies willing to pour hundreds of millions into the sector (should the FDA etc. give the 'green' light) though smaller guys will still benefit immensely and be good competition.

I might dip the bong in the water with these guys as a good medical spec play <$0.300 or might go a bit 'high'er.

3. Scyb

Scyb Member Silver Stacker

Double down time?!

4. smk762

Been busy, but as soon as these fires go out, yep.

5. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The spike seems nothing more than the current directors establishing their windfall ( although they are unable to trade them for two ? years) .

I really like the concept/setup/group of people but am hesitant as there are already established world leaders in this sector that are already miles ahead.

I see them dropping a lot further than IPO until there are some solid and established rungs on the board with either a differentiated clinical delivery system or legal recognition in Aus as a field leader in local medicinal cannabis trials.
    There are already well established OS company's with well laid groundwork already done that can and will just open a branch "down under" when the market is ripe.

PYL is done and dusted already for the foreseeable future.

6. smk762

20%+ jump today on announcement PhytoTech Medical Limited (ASX:pYL) and Canadian MMJ Combine to Create Global Medical Cannabis Company

Looking like the weed equivalent of iiNet/TPG merger. MMJ adds a secure line of supply with solid European and North American market presence. I didn't anticipate sales revenue as soon as July 2015, but it will be interesting to see the early returns.

7. smk762

Well, over the last couple of weeks...

Record donation of $30 million for medicinal canabis research at University of Sydney - http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/medical-c...-at-university-of-sydney-20150612-ghmieu.html

International Goldfields (ASX:IGS) signal move into medicinal cannabis market - http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-12/wa-miners-move-on-medicinal-pot-plans/6543340

NSW $12m medicinal cannabis research centre to 'lead the world' - http://www.theguardian.com/society/...al-cannabis-research-centre-to-lead-the-world
    PYL has been trading sideways for a while, but I'm anticipating a nice jump once revenue is reported early next financial year. Doubled down today.

Took a small punt on IGS too.

8. col0016

col0016 Active Member

So did the police/dhs go and take the granddaughter from the family after discovering they were using weed? I remember they did that recently with some other girl, but her father wasn't that rich so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

9. smk762

The authorities would likely prefer to avoid scrutiny in the courts when the target can afford a good lawyer and the public is sympathetic. Hard to argue that an effective treatment of oil derived from a plant is any more dangerous than commonly available (and medically utilized) chemical derivatives of opium.

The "War on Drugs" is close to declaring a ceasefire on cannabis. It's down to a few fanatics left to terrorise the sick and peaceful.

10. smk762

Up 10% since Monday. Glad I went all in. Revenue yet to be reported, not sure what caused this little bump up...

11. Revils

Revils Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What are the benefits of investing in this company over established players like GW Pharmaceutical? Seeing they have cannabanoid products treating epilepsy etc. already won't those products be used here when legalised?
    Disclosure: I have shares in GWPH

12. smk762

Not sure on GWPH's ops, but I know PYL has good contacts in Israel (Research) and Canada (distribution). I'm liking PYL as it's on the ASX, and it's offshore earnings will benefit from exchange rate as the AUD declines.
    PYL's product apparently has a longer shelf life, better taste and more efficient delivery than Sativex, and no mouth ulceration (a side effect of Sativex).

13. smk762

Been on a nice rise since yesterday after a trading halt to announce the completion of the MMJ merger. Up over 15% today.

14. smk762

What a week!

0.34 entering the trading halt last week.
    0.36 when trading commenced on Tuesday.
    0.40 at close Wednesday.
    0.435 at close Thursday.
    0.51 at close Today.

That's a 50% increase over the last week.

Seems it is no longer PYL on the ASX, now showing up as MMJ after the merger (on CommSec at least).

15. Revils

Revils Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Was just about to buy at .31 but decided to wait and go larger when I get a big payment around mid August.. it'll be interesting where it goes from here.

16. -j-p-shmorgan

-j-p-shmorgan New Member

Very nice. :) Congrats to all shareholders. :p

17. smk762

I got luckyish. Put just about all my SMSF eggs in this basket (avg cost 0.314) in anticipation of merger and July earning report, sold half of my holdings over the course of the week as it staggered up 10% at 0.37, 10% at 0.39, 10% at 0.435, 20% at 0.45. Decided to hold onto the rest for now. There's a performance bonus clause in the merger which kicks in when it averages over 0.6 for a week or something, so that's probably the next sell point I'm looking at.

18. -j-p-shmorgan

-j-p-shmorgan New Member

Sell half , hold the other half.
    Wait til it stops going higher to deplete your shares. :cool:

19. serge83

serge83 Member

Trading halt yesterday announced pending a proposed capital raising. Will watch with interest.

20. smk762

Erin Resources (ASX:ERI) just had a nice boost on the back of favorable CBD skincare testing results.

"Psoriasis patients - 93% of cases showed a visible improvement to the skin condition and over 70% sustained the improvement for up to 87 days after the last treatment"

Hopefully the MMJ capital raising is to fund expanded production capability following good initial sales...

Either way, I'm in for more if it drops the price. This stock has singlehandedly doubled my SMSF over the last year.