Missed the boat on 15 dollar silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Jkenosh, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There will always be times to grab a bargain; never worry about so called "Missed The Boat"!

Life and the "Market" is full of ups and downs; learn to make profit from the up and the down.

2. Greg Williams

Greg Williams Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

"Buy what you can, when you can. Some is better than none."
    ~Me :)

3. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Last COT report 27 dec http://www.cftc.gov/dea/futures/other_lf.htm shows that the hedge is still at 70K.
    Quite down the 107K it was at $20 end juli, still historically high http://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=SI&p=m1
    [​IMG]

www.kitco.com/LFgaif/ag2016D.gif shows no spot price for that 27 dec, dunno why.

One may wonder why the latest market cycle had/has such a big hedging.
    A hedge typically has a cash market counterposition (the one to be hedged / value of it locked), and, as far as I monitor nowadays (less), didn't see stock data supporting it, and that 107-a "normal" 50 peak is 285 Moz. It's the demand side large trader class (red line), counterparties trading through supply side swap dealers, that were/are the big reason.

date / hedge (contacts of 5000) / market close price that day
    12/01/2016 30562 $13.88 <- last bottom we saw
    27/12/2016 74007 $15.74
    A crisis hedge bottom of 20000 now translates to a price bottom of $3.1 below $15.74 = $12.64
    The lowest I've seen since I learnt about this and started monitoring it, is
    03/11/2015 67141 $15.38 > projected bottom $11.30

4. Pirocco

Over a couple months one can get more of some of the same you can buy now.
    That's better than better than none. :)
    The dollar sits above a decade top, NASDAQ even above their multiple decades top of 2000 (4500, very short peak to 5000), to then collapse to multiple decades bottom of 1000 in 2002.
    The higher a price, the bleaker its outlook.
    Everything suggests that a major crisis around the corner, and not today, but the entire year already.
    Time, is running out, and the best deals tend to be at peaks, and bottoms.
    For those that had the patience and have the guts to stand up when everybody ducks.
    There, some peptalk haha.

5. Cardtheorist

Cardtheorist New Member

Put options give the highest rate of return as a hedge, and then buying up undervalued equities, but not so easy to implement. Silver isn't that dry powder, cash is.
    Also, looking at other forums, it seems that from around 5-9am EST there's a consistent dip each day in gold and silver pricing.

6. Pirocco

To add: there are even historical examples of such sponsoring: simply... a gold standard itself.
    A major example case is the mining industry in the 193x Depression / deflation. Gold stocks did well, ex Homestake Mining Company (a proxy from the Gold Group) gaining 30% while the Dow lost 89%. The entire period (including the stock market recovery later) around 193x brought gold stock owners 4-6 times ahead of the game while owners of every other stock out there were far from break even.
    That gold does well during high inflation was expected, but that gold stocks could produce big profits during periods of deflation, when prices are falling, impressed alot people back then, and gold got a new fan club, the "Gold Bugs" haha.
    But, they overlooked the reason gold did well then. The price was fixed by government (that's what a gold standard is) to $20.67.
    So, gold was sitting on a floor that saved it from the nasty tumble of other commodities.
    Spared from the whims of the free market (savers/speculators that buy/stockpile/sell), the mining industry continued to reap profits while other industries reaped losses.

That was, one method example of how State can sponsor a selected industry, including golds.

7. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Good to see silver on the upward march! Where it belongs for rest of 2017.

8. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

+1

Go silver!

9. ChrisTaylor

ChrisTaylor New Member

I for one would like to see silver fall to all time low. I say this as a buyer stacker not a seller. I've only just started buying silver

What would be a good low price to buy?

10. StewyD32

StewyD32 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^

$0.01