Legends of Asgard: Max Relief the star of a beautiful new Odin coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by AgAuNEWS, Aug 22, 2015.

1. SilverSiren

SilverSiren Active Member

I think it looks amazing, even more so than the first one in my opinion, I could never get past Odin in a Greco-Roman toga LOL

2. mtforpar

mtforpar Member

Really a great follow up to Odin. I like it very much.

Great write up as well. AgAuNews you do some outstanding work!

3. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

The most anticipated coin of the year... and the waiting is over!;) I need to see pics and videos on bigger screen. Thanks for sharing! And good luck!;)

4. Perth Bullion Company

Perth Bullion Company New Member

Great looking design.. Well worth the wait.

Also available to preorder from Perth Bullion Company, delivery in early September.
    Anyone who has order the Odin coin will also be able to secure matching COA serial for Valkyrie.

http://www.perthbullion.com/shop/detail/valkyriehrsco3/

5. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

I bought two as pre-order, I think that soon dealers will raise price like last year for Odin.
    Alex.

6. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Folks make it sound like the Odin coin went from 100.00 to 300.00. LOL. Odin has capped at like 229/239, not much more than it's intro price. These will do the same. I don't see these going from 200 to 400 any time in the near or distant future, but that's just my SWAG. I'm buying one since I purchased the COA with same number, and it is really nice to look at. the presentation is nice. the box is really nice. but if you think you're going to flip 10 of these from 189.00 to 300.00 or higher, I think you are mistaken...just sharing from person experience with the Odin. :)

7. barsenault

delete. duplicate by accident

8. thecoinanalyst

thecoinanalyst Member

I'd have to disagree rather strongly with these comments (#706). First, I certainly did not take the earlier comments to mean the Odin coin had gone up to $300. I think modern coin buyers need
    to have more realistic expectations about how their coins will perform. When you consider the large number of issues even with low mintages and good demand that have lost a lot of their
    value after their release (sometimes to regain some or all of that, but often not), I would say a coin that simply holds the value you paid is pretty good. And if it also increases 30% in value
    as Odin did, that is excellent. Bank accounts are paying negative interest these days in much of the world and not much better in the U.S., and modern coins are not intended to make money.
    Yes, there will once in a while be a very special issue like the 2014 Britannia that does extremely well, but these are the exceptions. So I think Odin has done better than most recent issues.
    Plus the reaction I have heard from collectors to valkyrie is even more positive and they have not even seen the coin in hand yet!

9. barsenault

Show me where the Odin increased by 30%? Didn't most get them at like 200.00 (or more)? 200.00 to the current price, minus eBay/PayPal fees doesn't leave much for profit. What am I missing? Here are the sales on eBay. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&LH_Complete=1

I'm not arguing over the quality and look. I do take issue with anyone thinking they're going to make money flipping these, that just ain't going to happen, I do not believe. It definitely hasn't happened with the Odin. Maybe they made a few bucks.

10. mtforpar

mtforpar Member

I suspect 1 - 2 years from today investors in Odin will be very happy. Coins have to find their way into stronger hands and this take time. This is an extremely nice coin and collectors who come upon the series a year from now will have to pay up for Odin. Those who bought them early will be smiling.

11. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I don't recall exactly if early on some of the Odins may have sold for around $300.

What I do know is that any increase in premium for a precious metals coin in a bear market is positive....we all know that silver prices over the last few years have been in the toilet and most blobs were a far worse short term investment than probably most numismatic coins. Only now in 2016 are we seeing what appears to be a bull market in PM's developing.

As for eBay sales of the Choice Mint Odin, I just checked recent sold prices on eBay and I found that in July Odins sold for as much as: $265.00, $234.99, $246.28, an accepted offer on a 299.99 sale somewhere between $265 and $247, and $238.95. That's quite a decent profit if you are like me and bought the Odin on pre-sale from First Coin Co for around $170. With the free shipping and the discount (remember I shared the discount coupon code here in this thread) I paid about $170 with FCC. If I were the one who sold mine for that $265.00, that means I would have made a 155.88% profit.

But I'm holding onto my Odin as I will be holding onto my Vakyrie that I purchased from First Coin Co.

12. jcz1

jcz1 Member

I don't think you understand profit percentage.

13. mmissinglink

Enlighten me.

14. monopolize

monopolize Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think you mean 55% profit not 155%.

15. mmissinglink

Yes, I realized that after I got off the PC and shut it down for the evening.

So I stand corrected, 55% profit.....still not so bad (that's if you were able to get the pre-sale price with the discount from FCC), yes?

16. barsenault

Yeah man, not a bad return IF you got it at 170.00, I think lots of folks like me, got them for $200 and higher out of the gate...not much of a return, and a loss if one goes to sell on eBay. I sold one (that 299.00) which was the PF69 for like breakeven (I believe $259.00 - but minus that fat slab and grading and shipping, yeah, I probably lost money on that one). LOL. Anyway, I think they are nice to have and collect. Good pieces to look at, no question. But IMHO, I don't see these going up in price a ton, but that is my humble opinion.

17. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

I think I got first one quite cheaper than it's current price for 2nd.

You can always try first to sell it here on forum or some other forum.

With feeBay it's quite some effort and I'm too lazy to sell anything there.:)

18. seXes

seXes Member

Got my Valkyrie today, really good looking coin. Need to adore it a bit more, but I think I like this on better the Thor.
    Sad the rim was damaged :(

[​IMG]

19. FirstCoinCompany.com

FirstCoinCompany.com New Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for your nice feedback. Actually you can not compare THE VALKYRIE TOKELAU SILVER COIN with any other high relief because one year after THE ODIN was spend to reached the best minting quality (productions forms (dies), press, drafts, samples etc) and many tiny visible details on THE VALKYRIE coin that you can not find on others coins. if you take a look through magnifier on each feather of the VALKYRIE wings you will be surprised how MANY tiny details you will see. BEST JOB has been done that took a lot of time! ;)

20. magickookaburraride

magickookaburraride New Member

I agree, in hand this one kicks serious ass...this entire series is going to be epic.