Cyber bullying

Discussion in 'Forum News / Announcements' started by goldpelican, Sep 5, 2015.

1. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Ends today. Sick of the daily stoushes between the Hatfield-McCoy cliques. "They deserve it" is not an excuse.

The next member that shits in a sales thread, or posts a screenshot of an archived conversation, makes baseless trolling accusations against members they dislike, or brings up a 1kg gold lunar tiger, gets the boot, regardless of who they are or how long they have been a member of this forum. I have been incredibly lenient and turned too many blind eyes, and frankly as a result it's now out of control.

I am utterly disgusted with the immature conduct and constant bickering perpetually on display on this website by a small core of users, and my tolerance and patience has run out for all involved, not just for those whom a small group perceive to be deserving of such treatment.

If you don't like someone, ignore their thread. Bite your tongue and move on.

If you have a beef with someone on another forum, leave it over there, and wipe the shit off your shoes before you step into this forum.

If you're not involved in a trade, stay out of the thread.

If you make endless baseless administration reports in an attempt to get a member you dislike banned, beware it doesn't backfire on you.

As per forum membership rules probably posted somewhere, if you're a paid member and you paid less than 12 months ago, you will get a refund on the way out the door.

Comment carefully.

2. aleks

aleks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Plenty of very interesting heated discussions have been had over the years and at times have gone over the line in whats acceptable but people sort of managed to move on afterwards. Of late its just been relentless attacks and bullying and nothing of value :(

3. silversearcher

silversearcher Active Member Silver Stacker

I agree fully with GP. The lack of respect towards people at times due to difference of opinion needs to knocked on it's head. And comments on sales threads that are unrelated to the sales has to STOP. These ridiculous unrelated comments only interferes with the overall sale and makes it too confusing for both buyers and seller. Where would you see such ridiculous commentary in EBAY or Gumtree listings ? I hope GP sticks to his guns on this, and it doesn't allow people to revert back to cyber bullying. GP should post this in other parts of the forum so EVERYONE can see this topic. No admin should have to tolerate such behaviour or crap....Cheers

4. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

Yay, and thank you.

Maybe we can get back to working together as a small community, sharing knowledge and opinions with our fellow stackers in a respectful and positive atmosphere.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that due to the atmosphere in certain sub sections here has stopped coming by as often, or posting as much.

5. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There's no need to stay away from the forum just because of the atmosphere that is "sometimes" present in certain sub sections.

6. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is what I imagine the meet-ups are like:

[​IMG]

7. clear

clear Well-Known Member

8. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Looks like it's from a Terence Hill/Bud Spencer spaghetti western. Hard to tell.

They were my fave movies when I was a teen.

9. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yeah I have noticed a change in tone of late, what used to be gentle ribbing now borders outright abuse.

10. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

11. monopolize

monopolize Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just a suggestion, perhaps move the goods for barter thread to it's own sub forum, and change the sticky titled 'Unsolicited / off-topic comments in trading threads' to 'Please read before buying/selling/trading' preferably in capitals. This works well over at BS.

12. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Apparently some members need to re-read this thread.

13. valuecreator

valuecreator Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

kids being kids, nobody is really going to change their MO until you make a few examples.

14. clear

clear Well-Known Member

Some members need to acknowledge the existence of this thread.

15. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

After reading this thread again, the thought occurred; if you do nothing about the insulting abusive posts, soon people will get used to it, as they do with most civilized actions of moderation. Even while trying to be fair above fairness, someone will be unhappy anyway. You might as well enforce some barrier like forum membership cancellation threat. The tide comes in and goes out, at low tide, the children play farther out, but when the tide is high, naturally they draw closer to the shore. No signs or barriers are needed.

Speaking of which I too better stop my flaming with a certain person. Sorry CL! :)

16. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

I was more poking fun at those who posted the comments originally. Although there was definitely an over reaction by said person originally.

Although it may have been taken out of context which was unintended for that I too am sorry.

17. DSK

DSK Active Member Silver Stacker

Ben, I acknowledge the existence of this thread. I already know who I dont trade with.

18. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You won't trade with the people who politely asked you a question in this thread? http://forums.silverstackers.com/message-843823.html

Wouldn't it be better to be polite rather than attacking other members? You have to admit it looked like an overreaction.

19. Belvedere

Belvedere Active Member Silver Stacker

Re the above. I also know who not to trade with. I am big on manners and the concept of a "gentleman's agreement". This concept seems to have been lost in the rhetoric of late. I have a good relationship with those members of the forum with whom I buy and sell and I have no need to concern myself with a self serving member who seems bent on vindictive posts. I will sleep well tonight.

Edit to note I am not referring to SilverPete.

20. DSK

DSK Active Member Silver Stacker

I would like to add that there is no DNT list.
    I was over reacting to what i thought was tyre kicking, apologies to Belve, phrenzy.
    And any other member that thought I had a DNT list.
    Thank you silverpete for your above comments.
    I am going to cast a line. happy fishing.
    DSK