Classical Garden Series (Famous Chinese Gardens)

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by barsenault, Mar 19, 2015.

1. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hi KOT,

I am seller which I cannot tell you the release price which is my cost :p

However, I can inform you that They increase 80USD for three medal set in china.

There are 2 different type of boxes - one for America market and one for local market.

Cheers

2. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

Andrewlee10 has also indicated that he will carry the medals. Several members of this forum have bought MCC from him without problems so you can PM to find out more info from him.

3. SGHAF

SGHAF New Member

Clear pictures available now. There are 2 packaging for pure silver version. One is mainland version and another one is oversea version. I will release more details soon. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. andrewlee10

Unbelievable the real coin photo and advertisement photo is so different. Fwang did post the similar photo which are very attractive and amazing in china coin furom. Not the normal photo post by me.

Hope the real coin reach to bob and me soon.

5. SGHAF

SGHAF New Member

Close up picture. In my opinion, it is the best medal, so far, among the classical garden series. The condition is much better than Yuan Ming Yuan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

That was my thought as I saw the evolution of the product. They also spent more time designing and finishing the medal. That photo was done in natural light and is probably the best depiction until you have the medal in your hands!

7. andrewlee10

Wow it look really nice to be true.

However I feel it is building theme than garden.

I still buy it and NCG slab to complete my series.

8. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

This is a response posted by fwang2450 to comments I made at CCF:

Re: The Journey of the Chinese Classical Garden Series of Medals
    Reply #107 on: Today at 12:41:06 PM
    Reply with quoteQuote
    Hi KeepOnTrying, Thanks for your positive comment. I have heard of rumors, speculations and arguments on the release of the Mountain Resorts. I feel obliged to clarify the situation.

First, the preorders will be available at the release price. I managed to get the release price on silver proof for you instead of the distributor price. You will be refunded when I have the final cost calculated. The medals will be sent out from China tonight. When I receive them, I will send them out via priority mail.

Second, the distributor system only applies to the silver proof version. The other versions were pre-ordered. Speculations on other versions are totally groundless. But as brass and stained copper versions are few, it is extremely hard to get them because the design and workmanship have been highly favorably received. I don't know whether this is due to the new release hype, or people truly view the medals as better than those before. But with this song-singing going on, few would part with their pre-ordered brass or stained copper ones. Any difficulty obtaining versions other than silver proof has nothing to do with the distributor system.

Third, traditional dealers like Lucky were NOT given large quantities. They were treated like collectors, with the privilege of pre-ordering one or two for stained copper/brass ones, and a few for silver proof. As such, they chose to back out. That's why you do not see them selling this medal. Dragonzheng is not a dealer. He is selling from his own pre-ordered few, as well as those he can buy from other collectors. The current buying price is close to RMB1000 in China. So there is no absurd racketeering involved.

Lastly, the designs for the next two are available. I will post them separately. I believe this series is the most transparent one, due to the team work. Whether they appeal to you or others individually, it is up to each individual to make their own judgement.

9. andrewlee10

Kot, put the whole link here would be good.

10. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

I wish to seek clarification of the packaging of the just released Mountain Resort Medals by Shanghai Mint. Someone tells me that only the antique silver and antique brass medals come in OMP while the silver and brass medals come only in the rigid coin holder with no pliable plastic seal.

To avoid confusion, OMP to me means coin or medal enclosed in a circular rigid plastic coin holder which in turn is enclosed in a square shaped pliable transparent plastic pouch sealed on all four edges.

Is this true? I also notice that the COA is written in Chinese characters only. I thought there was going to be an English translation too. Thanks for your input.

11. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

I got an answer at CCF.

But it still looks like the medals leave the mint packaged as 30 medals in rigid coin holders placed in individual compartments of the pliable plastic pouch. It appears that the coin holders are being liberated from their individual pouches ostensibly to reduce the risk of white spot development. I don't know how real a benefit you derive from removing a coin from OMP without quickly getting it slabbed.

I am concerned that the added protection of the OMP is lost and the medals will start getting contaminated by atmospheric pollutants (high levels in some countries such as China), finger grease and grime (not eliminated by putting on the same cotton glove you have used a million times before!!!), oral/nasal aerosols, repeated sharp temperature and humidity changes, and other situations commonly encountered as the coin transits to the permanent place of abode. Should one then send these medals to NCS for cleaning before slabbing?

I am also concerned that removing the plastic OMP and liberating the coin allows pre-screening of the coin. This is not talked about much but I can't see how this cannot be going on somewhere at one point or the other. I am definitely not implying misdeeds in this particular situation but on a general note, leaving ungraded coins in their OMP is the standard practice.

Because of the recent topical nature of white spotting and protecting coins/medals I am leaving more of my recent aquisitions in their OMP with additional protective measures until I have a better undedrstanding of the problem. OMP here refers to the rigid coin holder encsed by the pliable square sealed in plastic pouch.

What do you guys think?!!

12. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

OMP doesn't always mean rigid capsule sealed in plastic. It may be that way for this particular medal release but there is a wide variety of OMP's, many of which don't constitute a hard plastic capsule.

So, each product purchased must be evaluated on an individual basis in order to determine which may be the most protective method of storage for that specific product.

13. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

I agree with you completely; that is why I defined the particular OMP I was talking about as above. I have coins and medal that are enclosed in pliable sealed plastic pouches. Still OMP but I tend to get them out of the pouch and slabbed as soon as possible. Some of those pliable plastic covers may damage the coin/medal in the long term; they are not meant for longterm protection and storage of coins.

14. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Most of what I have that has direct contact with the pouch has been sent to NGC to be put in a protective capsule. That goes for brass, copper or silver. A) I don't trust the plastic pouch and B) I have a lot of medals that bump up against each other, and don't want them getting dinged. It's about 23 per medal to get graded (to and from shipping included). I just hope that NGC follows suit with PGCS, with their air-tite and water-tite slabs. I like NGC's slab better. They are thicker and feel better in the hand - for me. Again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I like NGC better. Plus, I think PGCS is just cracking into the Chinese medals space, whereas NGC has a pretty good understanding of this space...from what I've gathered. All the best

15. andrewlee10

[​IMG]

What a beauty even it is PF67

16. barsenault

17. barsenault

As promised, here are the pictures of the one proof I received. Some minor imperfections, but doesn't take away from the beautiful and rich details of the medal or series. Here is the video as promised. https://vimeo.com/132338497 N66
    I believe Thincat has 6 left, and if you reach out to him direct he will give you a good price. His email is [email protected]. All the best

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o348MZVujWE[/youtube]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

^ Wow! I'm still trying to pick my jaw up from the floor. Really beautiful medal! You did good in purchasing it and the others of this series.

19. barsenault

yeah, it really is amazingly rich in detail. I agree. This series has been a good one. Sure some of the issues have had some problems, but over all the level of detail has been amazing. I'm amazed that no one has bought thincat's 5 pieces yet. He has a good price, especially if one goes direct via paypal. Just saying. All the best my friend!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161741462969?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

20. andrewlee10

anyone has the proof silver of this medal on hand?

If yes post another close up and high resolution photo. I need to compare it. I did realise something of Barsenault photo.