Changes to Buy, Sell & Swap (BSS)

Discussion in 'Forum News / Announcements' started by goldpelican, Sep 20, 2012.

1. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Some tweaks are being made to the Buy, Sell and Swap forums.

Australia and New Zealand (Private) is being renamed to The Trading Floor (Private), and new threads restricted to premium members and sponsors. On 1st October, the visibility settings will be changed to only permit browsing of this forum by the above member groups.

For now there are two subforums named The Trading Floor during the transition. The rarely-used legacy The Trading Floor forum in the Premium Members area will be shut down on this date.

Essentially The Trading Floor and the "you must be logged in to see it" Australian forum are being merged. Both are under utilised, and by moving The Trading Floor to under the Buy, Sell and Swap area of the site, hopefully the utilisation of this trading forum will be greater recognised by the many members who now have access to it - currently it's in a separate area of the site index, and gets overlooked.

The three main impacts of this are:

1. Higher visibility of The Trading Floor for the many many members who have made a financial commitment to the website.
    2. Non-premium members will not be able to post ads not visible to unregistered lurkers. These posts accounted for about 7% of the Australian trading ads.
    3. Australian/NZ members are back on a level playing field with international members, who did not have a private BSS forum, and who had to take out a premium membership in order to trade with additional confidentiality.

For now, if you are a non-premium member and you have active trades in the private forum, they remain active, and all members can still read/respond to your trades, so there is no impact to trades in progress - however new threads cannot be started.

2. ShadowPeo

ShadowPeo Member Silver Stacker

Sounds good to me

3. Au-mageddon

Au-mageddon Active Member

Thanks for the update. I wasn't aware that public sales threads were visible by those who didnt log in, so good to know. Might be incentive to upgrade.

4. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

If I read this right does that mean. There is now a new trading platform which is private for Premium members, and there is one general trading / For Sale which is public regardless. Is this correct ?

Non premium members still can trade ?

5. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Correct.

The only loss of functionality is free members cannot post ads that do not get seen by unregistered guests, or indexed by Google.

6. bloomst

bloomst Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I upgrade my membership as a token of my appreciation for this forum and the people that run around behind it. Heck take it as 'listing fee'. :D

7. R1dh0

R1dh0 New Member

Fair enough GP, i consider to upgrade my membership.

8. EasyCollective

EasyCollective New Member Silver Stacker

I read this and upgraded, i was wanting to for a while now.