Amazing Pictures of Counterfeiting Ring - WOW

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by barsenault, Mar 27, 2017.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

2. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

But coinsider that there is no single counterfeit ring that could collapse the PM market, where as bitcoin is one unknown event jeopardising the whole currency.

As yet no one has been able to hack bitcoin hash and unlikely at the moment but what if criminal underworld caught 5 key developers and put a gun to their heads.... what secrets would come out?

3. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Looked like an advertisement for Sigma PMV's

4. Ipv6Ready

I presumed it was SD mint inventory.

5. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Interesting how much high quality fakes are being produced by 1 operation. With NGC slabbed coins, virtually all that have been slabbed in recent years can be crossed referenced with high rez images of the coin online....that's something that would be very difficult to replicate with a fake or it would be very costly and time consuming. PCGS on the other hand has very few if any slabbed coins available online to view. It's one of the reasons I have membership with NGC but not PCGS and why I prefer to buy NGC slabbed instead of PCGS.

Bitcoin is far worse than fiat paper money....it's digits created from nothing backed by nothing.

I'll stick with physical PM's, thank you.

6. Ipv6Ready

Though nothing stopping a criminal making ten or twenty or fifty high quality fake dies from a NGC pix and selling it with the correct serial?

I agree with you in regards to bitcoin vs PM at least with PM we can test it for metal content, unlike Bitcoin, if one loses confidence on the HASH who would accept my digitally signed coins? I dont have many left but it is always a worry.

7. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Though technically not impossible, it is very difficult indeed to replicate every visible imperfection. I suppose in some ways, 70 coins my be a bit easier to fake than coins that have readily visible nicks and marks. It's for that reason that I prefer NGC slabbed coins because their high rez online images are an excellent way to catch certain slabbed NGC fakes.