Nanjing Mint Panda & Temple of Heaven series by numicconnection.com

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by andrewlee10, Oct 14, 2016.

1. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

TEMPLE OF HEAVEN PANDA SILVER STATUS

Andy left 22 pc, 12 collection, 10 pc for sell either NGC or OMP.

Lavender left 5 pc.

Bob Has 2 left to sell

SEA left 20 pc or lesser since no pre order done.

PLEASE NOTE I will release 2 set for sell with highest NGC grade with designer signatures and matching coa. Price will release after grading result done.

2. andrewlee10

TEMPLE OF HEAVEN PANDA ANTIQUE SILVER STATUS

Andy left 15 pc, 7 collection, 8 pc for sell either NGC or OMP.

Lavender left 3 pc.

Bob Has 2 left to sell

3. andrewlee10

Next 2 weeks will ship from china by 2 batches. UK always late due to custom. Some might get in 3rd and 4th batches since 110 pc minted in 1st batch due to the complicated processing of full REVERSE PROOF technique of the bamboo forest id hard to mint and mirror areas of high relief is tricky. The normal panda coin mirror areas coining take 2 days to complete vs high relief with mirror areas takes 3 weeks to get a better results.

Do anyone realize other high relief medal by official mint have no big mirror areas as this temple of heaven panda and trimetallic swam and mandarin duck? They not willing to do it due to the difficulty, time consuming and higher costs. We love to test new technique and challenge the limitation of Nanjing mint :). Even it is hard for you to notice other Nanjing Mint High Relief 45 mm medals with huge mirror areas like these 2 medals sponsor by bob and myself.

The fur of this panda and swam and phoenix also using segment technique on the die - you can segregate the sandblasting and mirror area on the animal. Dragon and phoenix Trimetallic does not use this technique too. If I am not wrong ALL Other Nanjing Panda and animal medals do not apply this technique too due to cost.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. perfulator

perfulator Member

I think the silver take the price this time, it looks smashing! And thanks for keeping the standards up with pushing limits every time. I'm impressed you guys give a sh** in the fact that some seam to get away with anything. Pulling the limits lol. Buyers must be really starving... I'm sure you could have maximized profit by doing so, but glad you have a different focus. Look forward to see them in hand!!

5. Clubbernut

Clubbernut Member

Agreed, that silver medal looks incredible. So glad you went the extra mile and put in all that extra effort - from the pics it looks like it really paid off. Love the fur effect, especially on the left panda :)

6. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Videos of the Temple of Heaven. 4 videos. Brass, Bimetallic, Antique brass, and gold 3g. Silver proof and antique will be posted in the next week or so.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFycCT9q38o[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Soh9KLG1_zE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5iqbEBOgeQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEXdw5m9SSc[/youtube]

7. perfulator

perfulator Member

I think clean and simplified design of the gold medal gives a flashback to 1982 and the early years design. Not sure if that was intended, but I think its a homage and a heritage that will stake a path for the series. I think especially the gold medal will be interesting to follow. Wish I could buy a lot of them, but pockets are not deep enough...

8. andrewlee10

Newly graded from NGC. Lighting is bad so the picture not as good as physical

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. andrewlee10

Brass antique which mainly grade as PF68 and PF69.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Clubbernut

Clubbernut Member

Medals look great Andy. I'm confused though - why have they been labelled as '2 lovely pandas'? That's a different medal altogether

11. andrewlee10

We always ship to customer after getting the first batch of stock. This leave us the very last person to grade the medals. Someone has send those for grading by never indicate in ngc submission form as temple of heaven panda. So ngc China just follow the naming of label of ngc USA as someone had graded the medal before us. This lead us a lot hassle and effort to get ngc china to grade it as temple of heaven panda. The silver 62 gram is label as temple of heaven panda. Bob and me are working with ngc USA to get bimetallic, brass and antique brass to get the right label. However, they will charge us reslab fee if we send all graded medal to relabel. We even miss the early release label due to ship to customer faster than we send in grading in ngc china. However, we still get complaint of slow in reaching them due to item delay in their country custom.

Selling medal is not our living and full time job. We cannot and no time to handle all those things. Even some full times dealers in china took 2 weeks and month to reply email which receive no complaint. However, the same customer make a big fuss to us which we do not reply within one week. Luckily I have many good customers which wash away this negative things. This make us feel better and continue.

This is the temple of heaven label of 62 g silver. Hopefully , ngc china get it right this times. I likely get the silver within 1 week before Chinese New Year else it will be another 3 weeks.

[​IMG]

12. barsenault

Why? Ask the person who submitted this? Lol. They weren't specific about what the label should say. I submitted a bunch, and when I got the notice from NGC, I called them and said, unacceptable. You need to change these labels. They are not 'two lovely' pandas. I said they must have them confused with the bald headed two lovely Nanjing pandas from 2014. I showed them the COA, where it CLEARLY states 'Temple of Heaven' Panda. They went, 'oops.' And they are changing the label. I think the label is important as this will be a series. So, whoever has this piece, send it back to NGC, and make sure they put the right label on. Lol.

13. andrewlee10

They want to charge me for it. They might blacklist me like you lol.

14. barsenault

Lol. Nah, I straightened them out. They will relabel. Just have to get your printing press out and spend some money. Lol.

15. Clubbernut

Clubbernut Member

Ah, ok interesting! Surely as the coin grading professionals they should be held accountable for the labelling of medals regardless of what the submitter says. I mean, they're not just grading how perfect they are but also validating that the medals are genuine. So in that process they should have clocked that it was the wrong name. Hope they change them over for you free Andy!

16. perfulator

perfulator Member

I thought they required coa for first submission of a new medal? I think NGC (and maybe PCGS also) is getting more and more sloppy with details that is so important for a grading company. I guess their business have been growing considerably the last years, and probably it's harder and harder to get qualified staff to ensure quality in all departments, but there need to be trust that these are THE EXPERTS, otherwise, why should be use them....

17. numistacker

numistacker Member

I was the first i think at least in the USA. They made up the name despite being given a copy of the COA.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I requested ER designation - they charged for it but failed to do it! These are on the way back,. it looks like they have TEMPLE of HEAVEN Panda now in the database.

I will be sending them back to be done again and renamed - and also ER designation.

18. andrewlee10

The just want to suck the money from me even it is wrong. :/

19. andrewlee10

I have all the medals physical on hand now.

My personal preference to the ranking as following:-

1. Silver
    2. Brass
    3. Gold
    4. Silver antique
    5 Bimetallic
    6. Brass antique

Some of you are yet to get the silver or silver antique because it mint by 2 batches due to tight schedule and festive season for China is coming. High risk in shipping during the festive season.

I will list some NGC graded in webpage soon

20. perfulator

perfulator Member

Look forward to see them in hand, but silver sure looks very impressing in what I've seen. Gold also looks fantastic, especially for me who love the classic pandas.

I've seen some praises from Barsenault about watching out for the next medal in the series. That sounds promising and looking good for the series, although a bit early to think about that even before first year has settled at home.