$20 consecutive notes and ?minting mark or mechanical

Discussion in 'Banknotes' started by Maddiroy, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Maddiroy

Maddiroy New Member

Hey guys I am very very new to money but I like the thrill of the hunt.
    I have just got 4 consecutive BD 10 $20 bank notes. I also have 3 consecutive BD 10 $20 notes a few numbers after.
    The lot of 3, 2 of the notes has some marks on the bottom of the note. (Just under the last N on John Flynn and another about 10mm from the first bottom white section.
    My question is would these marks be from a minting error or some kind of mechanical device? I do have a photo I'll try and upload later but it's funny only 2 of the 3 consecutive notes have the marks.

Like I said I'm very very new and have no real knowledge at all, but I do like to learn.

Thanks Troy

2. dingobiscuit

dingobiscuit New Member

I came across a few of the older $20 notes, 1979 I believe (knight/stone) 2 of them were consecutive serial numbers and a third that was just one note out. really good condition except for the big fold in the middle, probably been sitting there for 20 years. No special marks on them (printing errors) but would be interested to hear what others say about consecutive notes in general and whether that gives them the Uncirculated 'tag' or not.
    From what I can gather your printing error notes are big bonus points.