I found a place with a good deal on ASEs

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by AverageStack, Mar 11, 2016.

1. AverageStack

AverageStack New Member

I hope I am not breaking any forum protocol on posting links, but i am NOT affiliated with any dealers or sellers...I just found what I thought was a good deal and wanted to share.

Over the past couple months I bought some Canadian Maple Leaves and some Silver Britainnias and some Mexican Libertads to add to my rounds and bars (mainly because i got sick of looking at the same types of rounds...and bars get boring clicking together). I wanted to buy some American Silver Eagles, but I couldn't justify paying so much over spot.

last night I found a website selling American Silver Eagles at less than US$17 each that (i) doesn't charge a fee for credit cards and (ii) has free shipping over $150. the only catch is that the good price is only on the first 10 ASEs you buy. So, i bought 10, and i had my wife buy 10.

here's the link (which i hope is ok to include): http://www.govmint.com/us-coins/silver-coins/silver-eagle/2016-1-dollar-1-oz-silver-eagle-bu.html

i've does a bit of research on this website and it seems overcharge on just about every coin they sell. But, this one looks like a good deal.

2. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

It's a good price in my view.

3. Killface

Killface Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Only shipping to US, Canada and Hong Kong :(

4. natsmezz

natsmezz Member

Govmint is the classic pushy sales operation. They are using these ASE offers as sales leads to get people in the door. Expect phone calls pushing their over priced graded stuff et al. Also you probably will get multiple glossy sales catalogs in the mail.

5. AverageStack

AverageStack New Member

that's ok. getting the ASE's is worth it. i can always block their calls. i found another site gold www.golddealer.com out of california. they seem to have very decent prices on things too. (not like the ASE deal for less than $17 a piece though.)

6. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

These guys are my LCS.. Good place...