Silver Stackers Anonymous - POST HERE We are All Friends Here

Discussion in 'Silver' started by pmstacker, Feb 10, 2011.

1. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

OK, im gonna have to start this thread ! Silver Stackers Anonymous !

I have a friend, fellow stacker right here, in the last few weeks, he has gone Crazy, Flippin Bezerk and has bought a crazy amount of silver in a very short period of time :lol: Albeit at a good price but still a DAM lot of silver and im worried about him ... *Dude if your reading this you know who you are* :D

Please Confess, Tell your Friends who are addicted to confess and see if we can help each other from this Crazy (somewhat healthy yet still very strong) addiction. You shouldnt stop stacking, though when you know you shouldnt be stacking at a certain point in time cause you got enough and you go ahead and stack 3 x 1kg pamps, 5 x 1kg tigers, 50+ x 1oz rounds you know you got a problem :lol:

I'll Start:

Hi Im PMStacker, im a stacker, I dont have an addiction cause i kind of stack with caution but my addicted friend made me stack another 30 coins. (EVEN THOUGH it was a great deal) I still had no intention of stacking at this time, tho i am kind of happy. Am i addicted, NO, am i easily influenced .. UMM kinda....

Next....

2. silverfunk

silverfunk Active Member

whats your mates name on here? lol

3. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

Oh i cant say that... just that he's got a problem, hope this will knock some sense into him LOL ...

4. Goldmember

Goldmember Member

He already IS sensible...hes stacking Silver :0p

5. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

Meh, if you start stackin 1000oz bars and use then for an anchor to your boat then you know you have issues.

6. Twistie

Twistie Member

So that's where all the silver lost in boating accidents end up....on the end of an anchor chain....hmm. :/

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh I don't know about that.

Look how many Australians today don't even bat an eyelid at borrowing half a million to a million dollars to buy an asset that's made to run at a constant LOSS for taxation purposes, hoping to ride the capital gains on an asset class already running well over 200% above the long term median?

Putting 20k into silver and gold seems to pale in comparison to that, don't you think?

It's all about context really.

Your friend doesn't have a problem pmstacker, he's simply woken up to the system and taken the red pill.

It's not a point to worry over, but rather one to congratulate. Pass on my congrats whilst you're at it too. If I had that much cash I'd drop it into metal in a heartbeat, without a concern in the slightest.

I've no doubt they'll sleep better at night knowing a bank crash or GFC 2.0 can't do shit to take his hard earned away.

I know I do.

:)

8. lakesentrance

lakesentrance Member

I know i'm an addict.
    I began with a budget, but that's gone out the window. Now it's whenever there's spare fiat lying around in the bank, it get's exchanged. Regardless of the budget.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Don't leave yourself short mate or you'll end up having to sell your metal to cover shortfalls. Trust me, that's very painful.

By all means, buy as much as you want with the excess, but not at the expense of you day to day running costs.

10. gnik1

gnik1 New Member

I don't have a problem/addiction but my bank manager does :)

11. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

I've got a friend who has been selling down shares over the last 6-9 months and converting into silver. He's inxs of 3000oz now, and wants to get some gold. He's not sure if he should wait for the GSR to drop further before converting, though. So, he tells me. He tells me he's got some spec plays on various silver, gold and oil juniors. He hasn't borrowed a penny for any of it, so he tells me. He's firmly of the belief, that unlike the Split Enz song, that history DOES repeat itself, time and again. I don't think he's addicted, just smart.

12. white-metal-man

white-metal-man Member

YOU KNOW YOU ARE ADDICTED WHEN..................

-you go down the shop to buy some beer and wine - and you dont have that usual 20 bucks in the wallet that your wife gave you as an allowance.
    -that little jar in the kitchen that used be full of small coins for the kids lunches only has 5 cent pieces left
    -the family can predict what the little parcels under the christmas tree are
    -again.....your friends and family suddenly have "things to do" when you start discussing geopolitics and the commodities market in relation to silver, gold and the dollar
    -you spend every friggin moment of the day with computer tuned into silver stackers (no offence)

thats just a few to start with.....no doubt others have more to add to this...???!!!!!
    -

13. SparkySilver

SparkySilver New Member

I had a few of them... but the rope broke. :eek:

14. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

Ummmm.... where ;) ill *help* you get them :D

15. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd Member

HAHA

This is way too true, my girlfriend yells out Boring!! and my house mates take the remote off me and change the channel from Sky Business to MTV. Im left scratching my arms and talking to myself!!!

16. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

You promised your latest Girlfriend a wine and dine no expense spared candle lit romantic dinner for two to celebrate St. Valentines day. However ! due to recent positive position purchasing trends in the silver market you will have had to postpone the event due to other more important financial commitments. It will now be "St Valentines Day in July".

All the ladies at the Post Office know you on a first name basis.

The Postie has reached an agreement with you regarding the "Secret Spot"

You spend hours polishing 50 cent coins, just to check the relief on the Queens cheeks.

You really love your trusted Autobid program, it's saved you thousands over the years. The shareware author hasn't made a cent yet.

You visit garage sales in the vain hope that they may have Grandpa's pre-decimal coin collection going for five dollars.

You can't walk past a five cent coin anymore.

17. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

Another 15x1kg PAMP silver just arrived at home (ordered a fortnight before Xmas!) whilst I was at work. Text from the wife: Stop buying bloody silver! I dont want it in the house! I believe she then threw it in the river... Bugger. Hehehehehe....

18. Bunker

Bunker Member

Bah! You speak of Queen Silver as if she were just a piece of cold metal. A mere BAR!

Do you not know that she was drawn reluctantly from her eternal repose beneath the stubborn sod
    and made alive and fashioned in the midst of a blaze of fire?

Or have you never caressed her soft contours, and pressed her close to cool your fevered brow?

Have you never struck her lightly and heard her tinkling voice ring out at your merest touch?

And do you ever gaze deeply into her lustre and see reflected back there something of your own poor self?

If not then you have NEVER loved Queen Silver - as I!

I had her all ...

once

19. alexisio

alexisio New Member Silver Stacker

Damn he must be a kiwi

20. ThisIsJoe

ThisIsJoe Active Member Silver Stacker