Something just doesn't add up...

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Niveka, Jan 15, 2015.

1. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You do :p But we won't hold it against you - welcome to wonderfully wacky world of stacking. :)

2. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

D: this

Lol.. so when silver breaches $20 next week you will stop buying? Didn't you just order a safe?

US$ is cooked medium to long term so it will crack $20 then if not uber soon..

I would slow down in your "purchasing" personally and school yourself in your physical investments .. :) Lessons are softer in the hundreds than the 10's of thousands so rushing in you are bound to make mistakes.

Interested to understand why you would invest in a metal that's at $17 and the minute it goes over $20 its not worth it for you.. so you don't see value in silver at $20 .. if your just looking for a $3 profit per unit why not just get a CFE futures contract on 1000oz and save a bunch on dehumidifiers and other absurd crap (cough cough :))

Check out the 5 year chart bro :)

1for1

3. Billythekid

Billythekid New Member

Silver will certainly get to $500 around the time when things like bread cost $20 - $30 a loaf and milk is $10 or $15 dollars a litre. Depending on where you live this may happen sooner rather than later.

Bill

4. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

I can only concur with several of the other posts on this topic.
    When something is cheap, nobody wants it. Once it is expensive, they fall over themselves to get it. Human nature. Point being made, you will have no trouble finding buyers at the higher price.
    A woman I know bought at the peak in 1980. A 1kg bar at $1500. Todays money....roughly $5000 to $6000 at a guess.
    Using shitty logic, the next peak should be about $200 per ounce U.S. ....this could put rounds in the $50 to $60 bracket. Do not forget that the peak is just that. The window to off-load will be short. Don't get sucked into the inevitable talk about ever higher prices. Watch for the parabolic move.
    Another thing to watch is the fact that a lot of people will miss the boat as it returns back to the $50 and past that.
    Just like the Dow at the moment, everyone is expecting the collapse but it aint happening and for good reasons. Most people have missed the easy money and once the u.s. dollar has reached nose bleed high levels and parabolic blows off, then watch the Dow roar....too late for your average Joe Muggins that will probably get in at the 30,000 point mark. When the Dow got back to the 14,000 mark, nearly everyone was waiting for the inevitable crash which never came which was being called by the so called experts. Don't get fleeced.
    There is a lesson in this for silver stackers

5. Niveka

Niveka New Member

I like that idea, the bunk safe in the living room full of dumbbells and the real safe in a hidden location, pure genius.

6. Niveka

Niveka New Member

I'm starting to get the idea. I'm glad I asked the question, there have been some really helpful responses.

7. Niveka

Niveka New Member

Due to the fact that the overwhelming majority of responses have been helpful I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that the condescending tone of your post is coming from the way I am reading it and is not in the spirit you intended. After all, your basic advice is sound, research your investments and don't by absurd crap, that's good advice by any measure. The inference that I'm not researching my investments or that I am buying absurd crap is probably not what you intended, because that would be just a bit insulting.

I'll answer your question as it is a very simple plan and does not require much in the way of explanation. I would like to fill my safe at less than $20US spot if possible. If silver goes sideways for a year or two and I buy on the dips this may be possible, I hope it is. If it starts to rise over $20US for an extended period of time I will have to reevaluate my plan and decide if I want to continue waiting for a dip or change my ceiling, that will be a choice I have to make eventually, I just hope its a ways off. I've already got 1/4 of it filled at an average spot of $16.34US, I'd say I have a good chance of achieving my goal.

8. Sonic

Sonic New Member

Like any Internet forum you are bound to find the occasional confrontation here but for the most part people are very friendly and helpful especially towards new people (which I still consider myself being, you probably already have more silver than me Niveka).

At the same time I can see where 1for1 is coming from. You did say you'd probably stop buying beyond $20 and we are already so very close to that number. You might change your mind if that number comes sooner than expected, however, many here believe the price is set to drop in the coming months, and if it does, you will feel even more strongly about your $20 position. That's the beauty of PM investment. We're all just speculating and we all have our own goals based on those speculations but our orders come with a side dish of hope and maybe even luck because nobody knows for sure. It could pay off for you to stop at $20 or it could be a big regret if the prices continue to rise well beyond that point. Just something to think about!

9. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt, i think its very good advice -- PS: i was laughing whilst posting.. its all fairly elementary stuff but my intentions were to delivery sound advice.. (which no one ever likes hearing). Tough love is tough! Much easier for me to laugh and not post.. and a time saver to boot where i could pursuit selfish interests..

10. rainy day

rainy day Active Member

Hi new member,

ignore these people, mostly they are too stingy to buy a decent safe. They think it is safe in a bank...keep dreaming.

Well when something is in a boom rumors get around "oh mate you gotta get into real estate it is hot now" so everyone jumps on board about three quarters of the way up. Same might happen with silver.

11. rodmadman

rodmadman New Member

What interests me in silver for investment is how few people invest in it. Should currencies plunge it is a safer haven for people to go to from the currencies thus driving up ownership. Could you imagine if only 10% of the worlds population invested even fractionally in silver? It would drain supply and drive prices up considerably. You read every day how world currencies are in ill health.

12. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

13. fishtaco

Lol

14. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

No the issue is that safes are like screaming flashing beacons to thieves that you have something worth stealing and even half ton safes won't save your stack (see Kawa).
    your better off burying it. Seriously.

15. fishtaco

More likely to grab your TV computer and a safe than a shoe box! Well at least i would if i was a thief!

"Hidden in plain Sight" Criminals are not very intelligent.

16. Joshtammi

Joshtammi New Member

No, but I can only assume some crazy event to get $50 silver in the first place in the near future.

17. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

That crazy event is called market demand. It's the same crazy event that brings silver to $6 /oz.