Downies is having a good deal, 2*1oz proof square Niue Monopoly set

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by picturefun, Jul 17, 2014.

1. picturefun

picturefun Member

2. lostwords

lostwords New Member

So each set have 2 1oz coins(square)? ah nvm.. so it is 2 coins set.. 2 x 1oz... duh.. will they release more squares this year?

3. picturefun

picturefun Member

4. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Some hard core stackers will have nothing to do with this coin.....after all, the little fella depicted on the first coin is heralding / hoisting up high, fiat paper! Aaaaahhhh....run for the hills, get out the garlic and crosses, get in the bomb shelters. :)

5. Torcan

Torcan New Member Silver Stacker

6. lostwords

lostwords New Member

7. Jamie

Jamie New Member

Now here exists a real conundrum. I love Monopoly. I must have played this game 1000 times when I was kid. The problem is I just don't buy this type of Silver. They sure would be fun to show off, but I cannot pull the trigger.

8. TexasSilverBandit

TexasSilverBandit Member

I got two. It just looks cool and the Top Hat got me. I am a sucker! They are selling for $130 on the Bay.

9. jchrisrobledo

jchrisrobledo Member

I just picked one of these cool sets and I am so excited.. with some hesitation! Haha

Lately I have been picking up a few numismatic coins with big premiums and always say "this is the last one!"
    I have recently gotten both Disney coins from NZ Mint and some MS70 graded American Eagles and the new Wedge Tailed one.
    But I have my reasons! Haha.. I absolutely love Disney and a huge fan, also, I have always wanted to own some 'perfect' coins.
    AND, to be honest, I have seen this Monopoly set before and really love the game so glad this is marked down. That's why I picked this one up.

Now for real, after this set, I don't see myself getting any more high numismatic coins. I need to take a break and stick to cool bullion coins! Haha

10. lostwords

lostwords New Member

there are 6 more Disney coins on it way... you sure you done?? :D

11. Jamie

Jamie New Member

^^ That is cruel... just cruel. ;) My wife is a huge Disney fanatic. She cruises the Disney forums and plans our vacations out six months in advance. Then proceeds to refine them for the until right before we leave.

Now the Monopoly pieces, I literally have had the website open in a seperate browser for two days stright contemplating this purchase. I just could not bring myself to buy it. For those who bought it, i hope it looks good.

12. picturefun

picturefun Member

I see. I was wrong, thinking that was a one-time release :)

this time, they use 2 oz to make 4 separate coins.

13. jchrisrobledo

jchrisrobledo Member

Yeah, I know there is more, and I am excited for the releases! I guess I meant I am not gonna invest in any other series'. I love Disney and Monopoly and that's it!
    I know about NZ Mint doing Transformers and Dr Who.. and RCM did Superman, but they don't faze me. :rolleyes:
    Now, as an American, I love me some football. You make a Dallas Cowboys series and I would be all up on that in a heartbeat!! haha :D

I feel you on that one. I didn't have it open as long but I literally had a tab open with the website on "submit order" for about an hour haha. I was looking into other sites seeing if it would be cheaper. Being in the states, shipping from Downies in Australia kicked my butt! But with the big markdown, the 30 bucks shipping still came out cheaper. As mentioned, since I found out about the Monopoly set I wanted it. So with the low price, I finally caved in and got it.
    Now the question is, will I get the 4 1/4 oz set mentioned above to complete the Monopoly series. Hmmmmmmm...