Best place to buy gold/Brand

Discussion in 'Gold' started by lshallperish, Jun 25, 2014.

1. lshallperish

lshallperish New Member

Just curious to know where to best buy some 5-10 ounce bar's in Sydney. I am still god dam new to premiums so I am looking for the lowest premium brand. I dont want to do tests and crap.

Also when you do sell your gold, you get paid according to the gold market that means no premiums right? but you also dont pay premiums to sell, Correct? Just making sure. Thanks guys.

2. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Your honeymoon period here is close to an end and soon people will be calling you out for being an immature imbecile bullshit artist.

3. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm not sure if I read you correctly, but I would suggest avoiding buying 5-10 oz gold bars (which comes at a premium from dealers) as you will probably have to sell them at spot (or even below) spot when the time comes.

Would suggest buying gold in smaller denominations as they would be easier to offload if such a need arises in future.

4. lshallperish

lshallperish New Member

What's the point in buying gold 1kg bar's then?

5. lshallperish

lshallperish New Member

What the fuck you on about? what I cant afford 8-16 grand? Not everyone lives pay check to pay check like you. If you refuse to help me, leave.
    Even if I said I want to buy a tonne of gold, who gives a fuck if im lying.. what does that have to do with the thread.. answer or leave.

6. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Buy from a dealer.

You dont know shit so why take a risk? Anyone who asks this type of question on the internet must be a twit or troll.

7. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

I think it all just comes down to how long you plan on holding and how much you plan on holding. From your thread it sounds like you wish to sell at somepoint after the price goes up so smaller denominations are better to unload. I see things like Kilos, 100oz bars, and good delivery bars as things that wealthy people hang onto to conserve part of thier weath but not for quick flipping. 1oz stacks better then 31 one gram bars, one kilo stacks better then 32 one oz bars etc

As for the premiums I don't know, you normally get a discount buying in larger quantities.

8. Ossie

Ossie Member

Hey Ishallperish,

5-10oz bars are generally cheaper in premium wise then 1oz and smaller bars.
    From the least premium to most premium bars we sell are the ABC, Perth Mint and PAMP gold bars.
    All 3 bars are well recognized in Australia and you would have no problem selling them.

Any major dealer in Australia will be able to accommodate buying back of these bars very easily.

As a matter of fact we sell more 100gram gold bar sizes then any size 1oz or less COMBINED. (not in $ value but in actual qty value)
    Anyone who says getting rid of large gold bars is hard is simply wrong in my eyes.

We will buy back anything sold by us at a minimum spot price. Either a 1g bar or 1kg bar.

Buy the bars that suit your budget/investment amount. I think someone who wants to invest say 50k in gold buying 40 1oz bars is pointless, expensive and harder to store then someone who buys a mix of 100g, 5oz 10oz sizes.

Just my opinion.

9. Yendor

Yendor Member

I've heard 100g gold bars are the most popular in the world for personal investment - mainly driven by demand in Asia?

But TBPH, I've stuck to coins only for gold. Only a small premium, and they're much prettier than bars. Presumably hard to fake as well, which is good if you decide to sell privately rather than to a dealer.

10. C.H.

C.H. Active Member Silver Stacker

The Turtle??!! What is it today, a full moon or something?

How about you leave?

Every freaking turtle who's got registered yesterday thinks he can just post a new thread after another with the stupidest questions and thinks
    everybody have to drop whatever they're doing and "help them"?

The Turtle?? I'm in rage over this today.

Turtle off you little pests! Turtle upon your houses! The Turtle!!!

11. thewontonsoup

thewontonsoup New Member

I can understand asking questions on the forums but asking a question about buying a semi-large amount of gold and not knowing about how premiums work is a bit much. I think helping newer people is great since I am only a few months into stacking and still am learning but before people get into it they should have common knowledge on it first.

12. lshallperish

lshallperish New Member

Calm down before you have a heart attack. First I dont need to turtle off because it's my thread and you dont have to be in it if you dont have too.
    Second just because I am new and you're more of a expert doesn't make it a stupid question.. but of course you must of known all this before you were even born right? no doubt.
    What's a stupid question by the way? it simply does not exist.
    Still trying to figure out what my house(S) have to do with this.. I didnt know I had house(s).. are you donating you're house since you must of bought them when I was not even born mr baby boomer.

13. lshallperish

lshallperish New Member

I will check out you're website, thanks.

14. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

compare prices, is need to be done. you have a long way :lol:

15. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The larger the gold bar/coin the smaller your resale market will be..Thats just a fact.
    -Your choice is how liquid you want your PM's to be
    -How much payable premium is acceptable to you
    -Storage considerations.. if you have multiple individual ounces or fractions you can diversify your storage locations and reduce risk exposure.
    Best way is to get around town to as many dealers as possible and view what is out there.
    Honestly its as simple as buying fruit and vegetables,there is no secret or mystery surrounding purchasing PM's except to become familiar with your product.
    Read,research,Price compare,ask questions,feel,look,buy,sell, make money lose money.
    At this stage > get your feet in the street it will benefit you immensely.
    PS Dont alienate yourself in posts if you are wanting legitimate help from members here,thats counter productive.

REDBACK

16. antho964

antho964 New Member

Just to be in trouble like me, do not forget to think at the storage solution. Here a website to explain all possibilities of storage : http://www.gold-storage.com/

You must be careful, i have been robbed of my gold...

17. C.H.

This House I meant: http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-49009-stacking-faq-s.html

Read it first and if you have a brain you'll stop posting inane amount of new topics.
    Being a noob you can't possibly have a question that wasn't discussed here a million times. You're just lazy and don't want to read and want other people to do a work for you, i.e. search and summarise.

If you're allowed to create a shit load of crappy new topics, then I'm sure allowed to crap in them.

P.S. My father is a baby boomer and I don't own a house. I'm just not lazy and have a respect for other people here. I was reading this forum for months before I made my first post here.
    I guess this is an impossible task for some Gen Y fellows.

18. C.H.

:rolleyes:

Just doing Monkey's job here.

19. lshallperish

lshallperish New Member

You're honeymoon is not only over but gone.. in fact you're retired now.. no no you have cancer and you're dying.. let me do the honors and bury yo FATASS.

every new person you say the same shit too... and call them bullshit.. you did it to me.. you did it to the indian guy next door.. you did it to the chinese guy in Bangkok PISS OFF!

20. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

WTF :rolleyes: