US Hall of Fame Silver Uncirculated - should I complain/return this?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by chrislehr, Jun 17, 2014.

1. chrislehr

chrislehr New Member

2. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yup, definitely return it.

And to post Imgur photos, look for the BBcode [​IMG] and copy paste ;)

3. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Did you buy from the mint direct? I'm getting 40 of these, and I'll send them all back if they have issues like this...and forever be done with that mint too...I'll stick with my favorite mint. Perth! I wonder what happens to the coins that the apmex's of the world return...we probably get the hand me downs.

4. db23

db23 Member

These were likely returned by another customer and they're just using them to fill another order now hoping you wouldn't return. Problem is that now that it's sold out you could wind up returning and just get a refund instead of exchange.

I've had to return 7 of my ATB P coins so far (1 was actually a replacement coin already), their quality checking needs some improvement.

5. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

I'm sure that's what is happening. They are returning, and those they get back and don't make it to the trash heap, get delivered to folks like me. This one probably slipped past quality control. I'm awfully tempted to cancel my orders. I have about 40 coming my way...proof and unc. Yet they reassured me, oh no, we don't send hand me downs...they are fresh off the press...and I'm like, why is it taking so long to fill orders (March 29th)...yet they produce 40 million eagles. Nah, I'm not buying it. If these weren't so unique, I'd cancel my orders. BUT, I won't be buying any more from the U.S mint.

6. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

According to a US Mint rep I spoke with last week, the US Mint does NOT put back into stock any returned coins. I was told that this is their policy and that ALL returns get destroyed.

As for returning silver BHoF coins now....you'd almost be guaranteed to get a refund instead of a replacement coin.

I have been quite satisfied with my ATB-P coins....but I don't get more than 1 per issue so I go through far less than someone who can afford to get multiples of an issue.

7. HAC888

HAC888 Member

If the US Mint Rep confirmed 100% that we can not get a replacement, I would not return it.
    I'd rather sale it with discount price. Then, get that money to buy a good coin if I want to keep one for collection..
    Lucky for me, I haven't got a bad coin from US Mint yet.

PS: Just make sure mention the reason why the coin is sale at discount price ( Damaged). to avoid dispute and unhappy customer.

8. picturefun

picturefun Member

Yes, U.S. Mint does NOT destroy any returns, they just send it to the next in line who are buying it. I personally got quite a few US Silver proof sets returned by others. And I returned them too. And of course they will have to pay for the return shipping. What a wonderful way of wasting tax payers money.

Although the P version of 5oz ATB coin quality are ok for me, except Mountain Rushmore one. But I chose to keep it because it was sold out

9. picturefun

picturefun Member

That rep did NOT know what she was talking about! The matter of the truth is: The U.S. Mint has a lot of returns and exchanges, and they NEVER destroy ANYTHING.

So you tell me, where do those returns end up???

10. picturefun

picturefun Member

Every one is still waiting for HOF proof and uncirculate coins, they are REALLY REALLY Delayed in production this time. I personally waiting 6-7, I could not remember