Silver to gold ratio

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Beforethefall, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Beforethefall

Beforethefall New Member

Hi, I have a question about the silver to gold ratio. How many stackers actually exchange their pm's out? Will dealers let you swap out whenever you want? Do they expect to make something on the swap? I am fairly new to stacking and was curious how it works. Thanks

2. Beforethefall

Beforethefall New Member

Thank you for posting the video. I know what the ratio is and how to figure it. If I took 62 oz of silver to a dealer for 1 oz of gold he might make the trade. If the ratio was 30 oz silver to 1 oz gold would he still make the trade? Wouldn't the dealer be aware of the SGR. Wouldn't the dealer expect something more in the trade?

3. Beforethefall

Beforethefall New Member

Do you have to sell the silver at spot then buy gold and pay the premiums?

4. Aurora et luna

Aurora et luna Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Welcome Beforethefall
    No shortage of stackers here that would be more than happy to give you gold in exchange for your silver at the current gold/silver ratio of 1/63
    I find the fairest swap at that ratio is to take silver in kilogram bars in exchange for their gold. (2 x 1 kg silver bar in exchange for a 1 oz gold and a 1 oz silver coin)
    It's a nightmare when the other party wants to swap their semi-numismatic silver coins for gold and ask you to make an offer. One party is sure to be offended. :rolleyes:

5. Beforethefall

Beforethefall New Member